Legend Of Mir2 WarCraft. Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
just ignores every1 calling it a p2w server and posts some bullshit about update :D

• Haha
Reactions: XaioXin

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Played for a couple of hours last night, to see these super-secret features. (which of course I saw none)

People already 40+ when I logged on 3(?) hours after launch... first red flag
One (redundant) town with an NPC in SZ that teleports you to every cave.... second red flag.
Only bosses, that can't be solo'd drop items... Not knowing when that cool item might drop is the only reason leveling is tolerable.
Didn't find a single quest.
Saw 2 people the whole time, the other 30? 20 AFK/Alts/miners in town, apparently.
Level 1 > 46 wearing 'noob' item set from oma cave, then a 2nd generic item set from bosses?

Maybe you really did spend years on it, who knows.

--

P2W? Of course. Gold drops are atrocious, like, not even enough to buy 5-20k spell books as you're leveling. Whilst selling every item that drops for 200>1.2k each. Go mine ore? 10-15k a bag... made probably 50k total getting to 30 through the first 5/6 caves, with only half my spells.

But it's only 2m an hour for stat potions Acc/Agil/Main stat+ 20% hp/mp, etc. Gale, another 200k/h
Throw in another 350k/h for 50% exp potion
2-7 torch... another 450k...
Shoulderpads & mounts 3-6m gold not counting accessories... with 2m gold food upkeep

Basically, zero chance of you upkeeping these stats & items with gold, even 1/10th of the time.
More than the cost of a AAA monthly sub, for a few hours of potions to boot. Pretty ridiculous.

--

I'm sure the usual 'need validation' people will disagree, but whatever. this is my opinion, from a couple of hours.

It's clear as fking day what this had to offer...it's not even cleverly disguised :D

Think mods will ever properly police these adverts? I've offered to do it numerous times myself :P

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
-please do the following to aviod lag
1- turn name view off
2- turn drop view off
3- turn drop effect off
4- turn miss indicator off
5- turn heal indicator off
6- turn mana rec indicator off
7- turn monster name off

Thank You.
Seems a little excessive to avoid lag doesn't it? Is this client based or server side in regards to the reason people are experiencing this lag with the above enabled?

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
sad thing is, people have actually donated lol

And they always will. It's the same people who consistently charge back as well. These players lose nothing, as when they eventually quit, these kinds of server owners can't do anything to protect the money lol. This gives the players the luxury of dominating a server, for however brief a time, when it dies to corruption and greed, they charge back :D

Reactions: tibz

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Think mods will ever properly police these adverts? I've offered to do it numerous times myself :p

Hey Pottsy,

Thank you for your offer to police the server adverts but I am confused by it. What is there to police?

I see no rules broken. Just a user that wanted to make and host a server so he did. Regardless of opinion on quality of server I think everyone has to start somewhere and i personally love seeing people take the plunge from user to owner/developer and tracking their progress.

Reactions: Martyn and 3gena

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i personally love seeing people take the plunge from user to owner/developer and tracking their progress.

im confused here, you love watching people take publicly released (by iceman) server files, do nothing to them realistically, then host it up with a launcher and a cashshop and just jump in on the need for the community to play a different mir2 server?

these types of servers shouldnt exist im sorry its crap....

i would rather the community had 5 servers to choose from that were decent than 20+ **** ones...

EDIT: the fact this has 30+ players shows how desperate the community is for mir2 lol

Reactions: Emzie and XaioXin

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
And they always will. It's the same people who consistently charge back as well. These players lose nothing, as when they eventually quit, these kinds of server owners can't do anything to protect the money lol. This gives the players the luxury of dominating a server, for however brief a time, when it dies to corruption and greed, they charge back :D

Rumbled

• Haha
Reactions: zedina

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Seems a little excessive to avoid lag doesn't it? Is this client based or server side in regards to the reason people are experiencing this lag with the above enabled?
Some seriously ****ed up code, somewhere.
Never in my life have I had FPS issues in Mir, yet more than 10 mobs on-screen with names on, and I dropped to 1fps.

Hey Pottsy,

Thank you for your offer to police the server adverts but I am confused by it. What is there to police?

I see no rules broken. Just a user that wanted to make and host a server so he did. Regardless of opinion on quality of server I think everyone has to start somewhere and i personally love seeing people take the plunge from user to owner/developer and tracking their progress.
You are absolutely right, there is no real way to police adverts. I get where you are coming from.
I have absolutely no issue with people starting out, as long as they are up-front and honest about it. This is where the irritations come from.
I'm sure that if I ever put mine up it will suck the first time around. That's normal.

A testing (Beta) period should be mandatory. Most 'starting out' servers that crash and burn in a week, do so simply because they were not tested.

Are blatant P2W, or 'thrown up in 3 days' servers a dis-service to the community? Absolutely.
But yes, people are indeed free to spend their time & money on whatever they want.

Ideally, you would have some kind of rating system, but we know there are some dirty beggars around here that would just abuse it.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Hey,

Sanjian - totally agree and would love to see a selection of Mir 2 servers that are top grade with healthy user count and unique in their own way such as 5x Chronicles but I think pop up servers (not saying this is one as i haven't experienced it) are a part of the process in someone learning to become a server owner / developer of the files and having more developers can never hurt.

Chalace - Think there some great ideas and in personal opinion think having a mandatory beta / wipe before launch is sensible move towards releasing a long lasting server. Just personal opinion again not from being a mod but I don't think the mods / admins want to put any restrictions or rules around how someone goes about launching a server outside the rule set already there but again I think your ideas are spot on for a successful start to a server.

Happy to chat further in PM's but will aim to stop posting as much in this thread as don't want to distract from its purpose which is Warcraft server discussion.

Reactions: Sanjian and 3gena

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Hey Pottsy,

I have seen and played servers from new server owners who "Start from somewhere" as you said, and I completely agree.

But if you don't see a problem with these types of servers, simply because some incredibly dated rules aren't being broken, then unfortunately you are part of the problem. Nothing is being learnt by downloading a set of files and clicking Play...

I imagine you're also in support of flagging a Server Advert as "Avoid" rather than just deleting it?

So I don't expect someone like you to understand what I mean, and shouldn't be the mod doing the job i'm referring to anyway if you can't grasp the problem this forum has....so don't worry too much about it.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Hey Pottsy,

Problem with these servers - Again everyone has to start somewhere and learn. It's up to the users if they wish to play or not nobody is being forced and if not a single member of the community likes say server A then server A won't last long and the problem will take care of itself.

Outdated rules - Rules are updated when need be as far as I have seen but no its not because of outdated rules it's because I agree with them. Everyone should have a fair shot. If we bring out a rule no releasing a server unless your a qualified developer (just as an example) were chasing and discouraging people to attempt to make servers and i don't think that is a positive thing.

Server advert as "Avoid" rather than delete it - 100% agree with this as your dealing with loads of users with multiple different opinions who have already invested time and effort on the server who would be very annoyed if the server was deleted. I think marking it as avoid allows all users to make their own decision of what they would like to do. Surely giving everyone the choice of what they prefer rather than forcing an option on them is the better move?

I think you can look at it positively or negatively and we have a very different outlook on things. I am not waving a magic wand and saying there is no problems but i think the idea of pop up servers (not saying this is one) is annoying you and you want something done about it but none of us are new to Mir and able to spot a pop up server and choose if they want to play it or not and if they do then it shows there is an audience that enjoys a pop up server for a bit and would be wrong to stand in the way of them enjoying a server for a bit in the way that they like.

Not to avoid the conversation but I don't want to take away from the server discussion so if you want to continue the conversation hit me up in PM.

Reactions: 3gena

Remedi

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 2, 2017
Is there a new IP address? When open the exe continues to say attempt to connect to server.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I'm enjoying it, but I'm a casual player, hour here an there... item progression might slow me down though, as I'm solo and it seems bosses drop the next stuff...

there is a lack of mir 2 servers, that's why it has people on it. people always love the start of servers... the early grind is so much more fun than the higher end grind imo.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
im confused here, you love watching people take publicly released (by iceman) server files, do nothing to them realistically, then host it up with a launcher and a cashshop and just jump in on the need for the community to play a different mir2 server?

i would rather the community had 5 servers to choose from that were decent than 20+ **** ones...

EDIT: the fact this has 30+ players shows how desperate the community is for mir2 lol
lol thats what happend with zircon files...yet no1 has caused soo much drama over there...

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham

Absolutely right, people are screaming out for a decent new server with potential. It doesn't look as though there is much of a community out there now due (if your looking at server list numbers). However i'm damn sure that if someone comes along with a server that has incredible potential and can keep the community hooked (including actually communicating with their players), they could very easily draw players in, new and old.

3gena

Mir2 Server Creator
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Cairo
for everyone who saying that most servers are using EE files , at least they can edit codes , type new codes , build balanced pk server , ppl enjoy playing it
so why do u mind letin us creating servers ? we didnt ask ppl to play we didnt force ppl to join and donate iam myself not cashcow (not selling kits skills lvls)
its just few exppots , some torchs (aids to help you if u wanna donate to the server) if u dnt need to donate u can work hard ingame collect cash spent it @gameshop easy.
am myself mir2 player never though of realising server at anytime but no mir2 server are online to play atm. even u calling out our servers which we are cloning them they are goin off in a month or two ( everyserver does the same ) but it might be 3-4 months not a month or 2.

thank you for ur negative comments.