New to the game

Join Discord

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Hi Guys,

Just bought ps4 pro, and currently downloading FF XIV, i have never played any of them but fancied something to kill time at night. Can anybody recommend a good class normally play Warrior on Mir if that is anything to relate by and give us any tips and information you can, or even a trusted guide for ps4.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Hi Guys,

Just bought ps4 pro, and currently downloading FF XIV, i have never played any of them but fancied something to kill time at night. Can anybody recommend a good class normally play Warrior on Mir if that is anything to relate by and give us any tips and information you can, or even a trusted guide for ps4.

I’m also a very new player playing ps4 also

It’s a good game , the story is good so far if you’re into that , although the expansions are meant to be much better

It’s abit of a slow burner to start , I’m level 33 and still running around from A to B doing kind of **** quests , but from 50+ is where the game opens up , so I just use this time to learn mechanics and some beginner dungeons

FATEs are good at the start , they are random map events , however I found I out levelled them very fast

If you start on a preferred server ( Spriggan I believe at the minute ) , you get double exp until level 70 , if you do this you will likely end up out levelling the Main story quest , I did all the side quests at the start and quickly realise it wasn’t worth it , just do the story quests and the ones with the blue ! Marks

Im playing marauder , it’s essentially
Like a warrior tank , I enjoy it and have not struggled on any part of the story so far , not even came close to dying. However you can change classes by literally changing your weapon I believe , once you get level 10.

So class choice really
Doesn’t matter as if you don’t like it you can easily switch it up without having to start from 0.

You won’t get any gear dropped from normal mobs in the woods etc. It will
Come from quests and your first early dungeons , also no need to buy anything.

You get 1million gold at level 30 so no issue there

Travelling is a ball ache until
You get a mount around level 25-30, just teleport to whatever the closest aethernet is and run it

The UI is a bit clunky on PS4 so may need some adjusting in the options for your preference , the touchpad is used as a mouse which you sometimes need to click certain things ( level sync for one )

About all I know for now👍

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I think I watched videos on YT to help what class to go for. I wanted to try healer out so I went for White Mage and that's still my main today, but like Cobra said you can unlock all classes on one character.

Marauder becomes Warrior at level 30 btw and it's a tank class (that means you have to lead your groups through dungeons and obviously keep all the agro on mobs and deal some damage).

You can also unlock more classes later in the game like Samurai which is a pure dps class

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
I'm tempted to give FF XIV a go again. I played it a few years ago with some people who all decided to jump to another game and left me alone on it :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: Tai

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
My character still says I’m a marauder I’m level 33 , how do I become a warrior ? I skip most of the help pop ups so could have missed it ..

Also finally got my chocobo fuuuuuuuck the game is better now

Reactions: Seanofsmeg

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
My character still says I’m a marauder I’m level 33 , how do I become a warrior ? I skip most of the help pop ups so could have missed it ..

Also finally got my chocobo fuuuuuuuck the game is better now

Have you been doing your job quests at the marauders guild?

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
So initial thoughts! THE ONLY COMPLAINT I HAVE IS THE LACK OF VOICE NPCS! it dulls the game down, like atleast speak to me with a voice lol

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Have you been doing your job quests at the marauders guild?
So initial thoughts! THE ONLY COMPLAINT I HAVE IS THE LACK OF VOICE NPCS! it dulls the game down, like atleast speak to me with a voice lol

Yes I have but not done the latest one , I imagine that’s it then

Yeah it’s abit hit and miss with voices some scenes have and some don’t ,

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Once you get in to the main story there's a lot of voices

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Once you get in to the main story there's a lot of voices

when do the voiced quests start from 0-50 there was only and handful of small cut scenes with voice overs, am guessing once you get in to the expansion quests? gonna pick it back up i think if wow classic dosnt tickle my pickle

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
i think every 1/5 or so is a voice quest when you follow the main storyline. There will be bits of filler like if your getting ready for war there wont be any voice over for like gathering supply part of the mission but the intro to accepting the quest, during the war and at the end would have voice overs.

I am lvl 56 slowed down a bit as making my way through the main story line to unlock expansions and got distracted with trying to get some gathering proffesion ups and toying round with other classes. I like the aspect if you get bored or don't wanna do something you can just equip a new wep and do something completely different like a dif class or proffesion all on the one account or piss off to golden saucer for some events haha

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
when do the voiced quests start from 0-50 there was only and handful of small cut scenes with voice overs, am guessing once you get in to the expansion quests? gonna pick it back up i think if wow classic dosnt tickle my pickle
I don't remember but once you start dealing with the Empire you won't be lacking any cutscenes. There's no voice outside of cs though no