Aesir Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Jump on and give it a whirl he’s addressing most of that list and fixed half already, boasting content and items/spells 50-80. 👀 just don’t know what they are yet.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Good luck with server! Let us know when its officially launched (out of closed beta) and we can move it over to the server advertisement section and details to put it on the server list :)

Reactions: deano13

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Ben did this sub class system

Warrior had 3 sections, all same base stats

Assasin had +20%dc when you press key 7
Class ring dc 2-20

Knight had +40% hp with key 7
Class ring 20-40 amc

Warrior
10% dc 20%hp
Class ring 7-15 amc
7-15 dc

(Rough examples)

You could change it to w.e you see fit, you could gem and orb the class rings but changing sub class required a class ring quest and it wiped your gemmed/orbed ring.

Levelled as a knight and went sin for end game (Y)
Taos and wizards had options too

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Kicked the server's tires last night, got into light armour and at this level it is pretty well like playing default crystal files with NPCs clustered around SZ (good idea) and getting barbarian ring to start out with. As barbarian you get 'Defy death' buff but I have no idea how it works. Some mobs got me down to a sliver of hp and I would expect to die if I didn't gulp a pot.

Can't beta test except by contributing to server load LOL, all I can tell, drops are very tight, gold seems to go straight to your bag but it trickles in so rarely, it is not noticeable. Same as pots, those drop so rarely you don't even feel they supplement your bought supply. Luckily can harvest chestnuts.
Light armour lev11 drops OK, would expect everybody have it before reaching that level, but I am still lacking even lev3 jewelry while in light armour, but I got some mid teen levels jewelry I can't wear yet. I got one skill book dropped and it is missing level req, maybe not needed? You just try to use it and see? But book seller specifies the usual standard levels.

I got dropped wooden sword and after a while I noticed in chat that 'item has been unlocked for transmogrification' but since I had two wooden sticks in my bag, I couldn't tell which one was unlocked, no way to tell. BTW if I get the idea of this transmogrification right, it means you can make your wooden stick look like mace or great axe but you need to pay gg? Who's going to beta test putting in rl money? Anyway, if it is like I just said (never mind you pay g or gg), I don't see it as a good idea as all it will do is discourage you to progress in game when others (those who pay) look to be high levels, never mind in appearance only.

There is one annoying thing I believe one other server in my memory suffered from - you kill a mob and you need to make few steps first (with left mouse click) before you can run.
Also, made a trip to Snake Valley on foot, never mind the first snake I ran into was Serpant Lord LOL but in the village I clicked on 'Crafting village portal' (expecting crafting window to open, missed the meaning of 'portal') and got teleported to empty crafting map and to get back to SV I had to use one of my two TTs, else I would end up in BW if used @bp

Also, was hoping to get slaying skill book on my own but as usual, no such luck, already lev12

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I thought (although I’m not 💯) the transmorg was whenever you pick an item up you can then always make another same item look like it....so if you got ya mate to hand you a DSS you could hand it back and make your crappy great axe look like it and you both be bad boys.

Your right about skills...feel a skill book teacher or atleast a full description on the server ad will entice more ppl to try out these 9 classes and not be scared to go balls deep into the unknown.

I got hundreds and I mean hundreds of books dropped in Oma natural cave. All classes, also In SV mines books galore.

AesirMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 2, 2019
Kicked the server's tires last night, got into light armour and at this level it is pretty well like playing default crystal files with NPCs clustered around SZ (good idea) and getting barbarian ring to start out with. As barbarian you get 'Defy death' buff but I have no idea how it works. Some mobs got me down to a sliver of hp and I would expect to die if I didn't gulp a pot.

Can't beta test except by contributing to server load LOL, all I can tell, drops are very tight, gold seems to go straight to your bag but it trickles in so rarely, it is not noticeable. Same as pots, those drop so rarely you don't even feel they supplement your bought supply. Luckily can harvest chestnuts.
Light armour lev11 drops OK, would expect everybody have it before reaching that level, but I am still lacking even lev3 jewelry while in light armour, but I got some mid teen levels jewelry I can't wear yet. I got one skill book dropped and it is missing level req, maybe not needed? You just try to use it and see? But book seller specifies the usual standard levels.

I got dropped wooden sword and after a while I noticed in chat that 'item has been unlocked for transmogrification' but since I had two wooden sticks in my bag, I couldn't tell which one was unlocked, no way to tell. BTW if I get the idea of this transmogrification right, it means you can make your wooden stick look like mace or great axe but you need to pay gg? Who's going to beta test putting in rl money? Anyway, if it is like I just said (never mind you pay g or gg), I don't see it as a good idea as all it will do is discourage you to progress in game when others (those who pay) look to be high levels, never mind in appearance only.

There is one annoying thing I believe one other server in my memory suffered from - you kill a mob and you need to make few steps first (with left mouse click) before you can run.
Also, made a trip to Snake Valley on foot, never mind the first snake I ran into was Serpant Lord LOL but in the village I clicked on 'Crafting village portal' (expecting crafting window to open, missed the meaning of 'portal') and got teleported to empty crafting map and to get back to SV I had to use one of my two TTs, else I would end up in BW if used @bp

Also, was hoping to get slaying skill book on my own but as usual, no such luck, already lev12
haha thats unfortunate about the serpent lord, currently looking into the moving after attacking bug. (if anyone else knows the fix please let me know what it is, ive been searching in the forums but cant find it)

I'm not expecting people to beta test the transmog functionality, its been tested thoroughly. Im hoping that people will test the new classes out :)

I will be adding a listing of the skills each class c to the book npc in bw, would the community want the full list or just the early game levels?
https://strawpoll.com/k77bs1ex

Most of the bugs that have been raised have been resolved and the only major outstanding one is the one mentioned above the rest are minor quality of life bugs, hopefully with abit more testing of the cryomancer it will go live sooner, rather than later (1-2 weeks time)

Last edited:
Reactions: Seanofsmeg

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
It was easy to outrun the lord, I lured it onto guards at the village and it got one hit and didn't drop as it should not in such case, at least I tested something.

Went to BC today @lev12 and was able to kill mobs there but the point is, I don't recall having this 'can't run after attacking' bug... just logged in and tested on Mongchon little mobs, no bug, went to Bichon to kill some cats and yetis (where I had this bug initially) and again, the bug is gone. I made new char, the same one, warrior barbarian and no bug.

After poking around a bit on this new lev1 char, I harvested a deer and got the bug and I knew I was onto something. After some more poking the deer, I found the problem. My mouse is set to 'click lock' in the control panel and harvesting takes long enough for this lock to engage. Then when you are done harvesting, you press right mouse button and you can't move but if you release the right button, your char starts walking automatically as if you held left button pressed... that's when I realized this thing about mouse lock.

If you don't have mouse lock on and simulate it, that is if you press both mouse buttons at the same time, you can't move. The click lock was only triggered when harvesting or maybe for wiz if you held left button pressed long enough for some spell targeting? Anyway in my case, I have no 'bug' anymore when I disabled the mouse click lock in the mouse ctrl panel.

AesirMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 2, 2019
It was easy to outrun the lord, I lured it onto guards at the village and it got one hit and didn't drop as it should not in such case, at least I tested something.

Went to BC today @lev12 and was able to kill mobs there but the point is, I don't recall having this 'can't run after attacking' bug... just logged in and tested on Mongchon little mobs, no bug, went to Bichon to kill some cats and yetis (where I had this bug initially) and again, the bug is gone. I made new char, the same one, warrior barbarian and no bug.

After poking around a bit on this new lev1 char, I harvested a deer and got the bug and I knew I was onto something. After some more poking the deer, I found the problem. My mouse is set to 'click lock' in the control panel and harvesting takes long enough for this lock to engage. Then when you are done harvesting, you press right mouse button and you can't move but if you release the right button, your char starts walking automatically as if you held left button pressed... that's when I realized this thing about mouse lock.

If you don't have mouse lock on and simulate it, that is if you press both mouse buttons at the same time, you can't move. The click lock was only triggered when harvesting or maybe for wiz if you held left button pressed long enough for some spell targeting? Anyway in my case, I have no 'bug' anymore when I disabled the mouse click lock in the mouse ctrl panel.

Thanks for the info, the shoulder dash bug seems similiar (cant swing for a second after sd'ing) but its been fixed so I'm hoping the run hit bug is a similiar fix and I can get a fix for it this evening.

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
server is fully ****ed so unbalanced honestly cyros can trap u and **** u over constant freeze warriors/knights berserk warrior -paladins do 10 more dmg unless thorns proc and if it does it ****s **** up its all just a **** show nice skills n **** but honestly try using just the 3 classes and adding the option to chose a multiclass once hitting like 40 45

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Got lvled to 45 last night and recalled with a small group of us to ancient IWT. I was hitting 115s tdb for around 7? 8? Minutes he must have a billion HP...I wasn’t the only one smashing it either.

All the archers etc in there are beasts aswell, used my entire bag of XL pots and suns to kill that 1 mob.

“Didn’t have a drop file”

Then the server crashed and it was time to go to bed.

This isn’t a slate in any way shape or form, as having 9 classes would be a firework display of fun trust me.

But ready for live in 1week or 2? I’d say please do not do this and waist what could be a good show until EVERYTHING is first taken care of bug/drop/balance wise. ✌️

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Never rush to launch, I didn't and I still wasn't as prepared as I wanted to be.
Also expect your first server (if it is) to be long nights and a lot of fire fighting (as you can never catch every bug/fix)

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
nay or yay? worth giving ago or ? if has 100+users on launch ill give a bash

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
If he can get the 9 classes balanced then yes sweet, the mention of a sub class swap at 40 is also a good idea

Reactions: Sovereign
Status
Not open for further replies.