Zircon iNfamous Mir3 [Discussion]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
even without auto attack , u can still make it auto attack using windows mouse options and a penny wedged into the shift button =/

Lightstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2005
Lol if people got banned for "Bot like" behaviour, you wouldn't have any players left.

Mir doesn't take much concentration. Very easy to just hit RT/Skills manually. The bigger idiots are the ones who designed it to have Auto attack in the coding for Warrior...I mean talk about thick lol. Actively don't want botting to happen, yet put auto attacking in the game :D
Maybe on some servers. You are encouraging this behavior by not punishing it tho.

Why would anyone spend their spare time grinding, when they could just watch Netflix and leave a macro on lvling them for hours without any real effort?

It also puts a few people at a huge advantage, if they are able to check a screen for a few seconds to ensure no GM is messaging them as they let the macro lvl them at work (Myself included).

This is the problem in my eyes, its not a fair playing field for all users.

If it was my server, I would definitely ban macro lvling behavior full stop.

I don't know how well that would work now on Infamous however given the fact its been permitted for all this time and people are used to it.

As suggested before the mob hp value is probably the best way to do this aswell as not allowing RT's.

Lightstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2005
even without auto attack , u can still make it auto attack using windows mouse options and a penny wedged into the shift button =/
Yeh this doesn't really have anything to do with the auto attack feature. The server is mainly Wiz and Tao in the top ranking I believe and they dont use auto attack ;)

All auto attack did, was made it a fair playing field for those who didnt know about macros / shift lock.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Yeh this doesn't really have anything to do with the auto attack feature. The server is mainly Wiz and Tao in the top ranking I believe and they dont use auto attack ;)

All auto attack did, was made it a fair playing field for those who didnt know about macros / shift lock.

ReaperDelVida is a known botter, he was farming HuntGold on my server, until i caught him.
He told he was watching a movie (for 5hours) while alt tabbing, but i recalled him on different maps and he didnt reacted.

I think the best solution against botters is not Banning them. Its to punish them with -5000 HuntGold.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Funny how Jamie was the first one who added it.
He is thick too?

Yes? lol...did you expect me to say no?

Not saying the entire thing stems from the auto attack feature, it's just it was added whilst botting is so opposed.

Taos have pets that AoE kill with pretty high dmg. Wiz is just Wiz lol, no way you can stop a Wiz doing it when you stack out caves with so many mobs.

You have tailored your server to be bot happy, whilst also keeping in functions that promote it. If you're so opposed to it, you need to create things in a way that makes it less effective than being at the keyboard...this is generally hard to do regardless on a high rate, but it's especially easy to do on your server lol.

As mentioned already, Mir is not concentration heavy...at least not for me, I can and do very easily watch something while mindlessly grinding away. If you allow me the chance to RT and cast in place, and repeat, then I will do so, with or without any macros lol.

If you started banning people like me, you would literally have no players left :D a LOT of people macro at the keyboard...shockingly few do it overnight or something for long periods.

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Yes? lol...did you expect me to say no?

Honestly i didnt expected anything.
Auto attack is good for warriors because is the most demanding class for auto lock a target.

I dont know on other classes but on my server on new maps you need to be active even if auto hit is locked.
Defiance, BS,DS etc.

This happens only when monsters are squishy.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Honestly i didnt expected anything.
Auto attack is good for warriors because is the most demanding class for auto lock a target.

I dont know on other classes but on my server on new maps you need to be active even if auto hit is locked.
Defiance, BS,DS etc.

This happens only when monsters are squishy.

Again....a lot of people have skills on macro rotation even when playing.

Sins have their blooms casting over and over automatically. Warriors when just grinding away will have their BS/Def/DS casting on auto as well. Getting round the accidental locks onto targets is simple enough if you want to remove the afk aspect...I always use to hold Shift and hold mouse button in 1 direction....never targeted anything, but never stopped attacking either.

Adding in that auto attack feature is simply just inviting botting...if you don't want to invite it, then remove it...don't complain that you have more botters lol.

It would be like Blizzard complaining that too many people are able to perfectly hit their skill rotation 100% of the time....when they support macro scripts in there game :D or complaining about too easily being able to target players etc....you know all the fancy functions their mods and **** add as well...they have no grounds to complain about it, if they support the use of all of it.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
I finally gave up on the server today disabling the rts/teleports was fine but should have been done weeks ago. as for banning them if there not there I know of several people who told me they were going afk over night in levelling caves in the last week alone.

The new P2P cash buffs today with the introduction of level4/5 spells was what pushed me over the edge. The fact that Taoists main spells weren't included in the update and just thinking of Wizards with lvl5 advanced renounce, renounce, and magic shield was enough to make me give my stuff away and log off for good.

Wasn't just me either fair few people packed up shop and left. which isn't suprising with copy paste dungeons every week. last weeks levelling caves monster had same stats apart from 2k hp and harder monster due to effects or attack speeds which he didn't even take into account when making and they didn't even have items in there drops just pills and gold.

TBH once you take this down in a few weeks if you try release a v3 on here they need to give you the avoid feature on lomcn.

Reactions: LOMValkyrie

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
Players do get banned if they dont respond when checked...

And tbh Vyse, i couldnt care less if you play or not , you are a freemium player who crys about everything constant , dont need you nor want you on the server...Hunt gold is ingame for those that cannot afford a 10'er here and there, there are plenty of players who havent donated a penny , yet still compete and are happy.

People asked for no rt's in caves - it was added
People asked for lvl 4 and 5 skills to be added - books were added to subs and bosses

Last edited:

Jokerall

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 23, 2018
Yeah you dont care who plays or who doesnt, thats as clear as the sun, you dont care about the players and only see everybody as walking wallets and if somebody isnt willing to donate money because of you're terrible attitude you treat them like trash (just check the server's discord to see what im talking about) and its even more clear after today's update where legit every drop in the game is available for GG. Nobody asked for more broken GS buffs, nobody asked for items in the GS, ppl asked for content and balance which you clearly arent interested in bringing . Enjoy your 10 whales server because there's not gonna be anybody else left in a week.

Lightstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2005
I've played the server a few times, never donated once and Jesus has always been nice to me.

You guys all got involved with this v2, Jesus never forced you to play.

How much time do you expect a server owner to commit? Do you expect him to ruin his real life over making you guys happy?

There are 0 alternative high rate servers currently, so be grateful someone can be bothered to set one up for you to "enjoy".

Everybody knows the Zircon files are brilliant, but not perfect. Cut the guy some slack, if you don't like his server move on.

Jokerall

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 23, 2018
I've played the server a few times, never donated once and Jesus has always been nice to me.

You guys all got involved with this v2, Jesus never forced you to play.

How much time do you expect a server owner to commit? Do you expect him to ruin his real life over making you guys happy?

There are 0 alternative high rate servers currently, so be grateful someone can be bothered to set one up for you to "enjoy".

Everybody knows the Zircon files are brilliant, but not perfect. Cut the guy some slack, if you don't like his server move on.
So asking for a server that had potential and that people were enjoying (even tho it was already dying because of Jesus' attitude and choices) to not turn into a disgusting whale paradise is asking for him to ruin his real life? Holy crap the standards are low these days.

WrathOfSatan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 16, 2012
ReaperDelVida is a known botter, he was farming HuntGold on my server, until i caught him.
He told he was watching a movie (for 5hours) while alt tabbing, but i recalled him on different maps and he didnt reacted.

I think the best solution against botters is not Banning them. Its to punish them with -5000 HuntGold.

-5000 hunt gold isnt really enough punishment to warrant ppl not to do it lol the exp/drop gains still makes it worth it and 99% of the time thats why there afk botting more so then the hunt gold.

The reason it happens is when caves become easy 1 hits or dont do enough dmg to threaten the players to actually have to manually hunt simple as that

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I played here for a few weeks, never donated. Skib always treated me as any other player and was always willing to help point me in the right direction for lvling / bosses if i messaged him on discord as i was new to Mir3.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
i treat vyse like a **** coz quite frankly he deserves it , he constantly crys like a little girl as if i owe him something , DING DING DING ALERT, i owe him nothing.

And as for 'no one asked for the GS to be updated' , erm how would you know? Do you have access to my discord pm's? Do you have access to my ingame pm's? No, without the whales, you wouldnt have a server - be thankful.

And as for you lom ' im gonna sit here liking all the negative comments' valkyrie, why dont u concentrate on your **** show v2 server instead of being on here ;)

Jokerall

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 23, 2018
i treat vyse like a **** coz quite frankly he deserves it , he constantly crys like a little girl as if i owe him something , DING DING DING ALERT, i owe him nothing.

And as for 'no one asked for the GS to be updated' , erm how would you know? Do you have access to my discord pm's? Do you have access to my ingame pm's? No, without the whales, you wouldnt have a server - be thankful.
Yeah dont need to access your discord pm's or ingame pm's to know its the 10 whales on the server that asked for it and rather than make a community poll to ask the ENTIRE server what they think you just listened to the 10 whales because thats all you care for :D

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
you'd probably find those 10 whales would of rather kept RT's in leveling caves..

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
Yeah dont need to access your discord pm's or ingame pm's to know its the 10 whales on the server that asked for it and rather than make a community poll to ask the ENTIRE server what they think you just listened to the 10 whales because thats all you care for :D

You are super stupid, without the whales, there is no server. Let me break this down into easily managed words for your pigeon brain, read each word carefully

Without
Donators
Server
Doesnt
Exist

Jokerall

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 23, 2018
You are super stupid, without the whales, there is no server. Let me break this down into easily managed words for your pigeon brain, read each word carefully

Without
Donators
Server
Doesnt
Exist
Without a community or players the server doesnt exist either and you'll find out soon enough ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.