[Approved] OldSkool [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Server Files: Custom Crystal Files
Start level: 1
Level Cap: 200 (soft cap)
Paragon Level cap: 500
Classes: Warrior, Wizard, Taoist, Assassin

Season Pass + Rewards

A Season will last for 2 months. During this season you can gather Season XP and gain Season Levels.
Each Season Level up will reward you with a prize.
Those that purchase the Season Gold Pass will unlock an extra layer of prizes.
You can only gain these rewards once per season, and they reset with each new season.
Completing all 100 Season levels will also give you permanent EXP, Gold Find, Drop Find, and Stat % Buffs during that season.
All Season levels reset to 0 when a new season starts
seasonss.png

Season Quests
How do you level up your Season EXP? Easy! You do daily Season quests.
These are not your standard quests and are instead a little more generic and unique to the Season system, below is a list of example quests you might see!
quests.png

Item Stats / Quality / Sockets
Our aim is for every item to have its own unique set of stats via a variety of different methods, as follows:
Randomised item stats: An item no longer has static stats, instead it has a range and when the item drops it'll roll its stats based on its min and max parameters.
Added stats (not core stat): An item can drop with extra unique stats, e.g. Crit rate/damage, MR, PR, Luck etc!
Item Quality: There are 6 different item qualities that an item can be; Normal (grey), Common (yellow), Rare (blue), Legendary (Orange), Mythical (Pink) and Godly (Red).
The better the item quality, the higher its base stat parameters are.
Sockets: Each item can have up to 3 sockets, which allow you to insert unique gems into them. What are gems? Well you'll just have to wait and see
cool.png

Paragon System

Once you have obtained at least level 180, you can enable the Paragon system!
You can turn the system on/off at any time.
When you enable paragon, you stop gaining EXP towards your normal level, and instead gain XP for Paragon levels.
Paragon levels have their own unique EXP table.
Every level you earn, gives you a point in 1 of 4 categories as seen in below screenshot.
You may use these points how you see fit in whatever stat you feel benefits you the most. You can reset this at any time.
All paragon levels reset to 0 at the beginning of each new season.
paragon.jpg
World Events

Random events will pop up around the province maps and some dungeons.
These Events range from Invasion, Monster slaying, Daily Boss, Weekly Boss.
event.png

Stat tracking
A range of stats are tracked in the game so you can see how many mobs, players you've killed and how many times you've died.
There are also leader boards at the end of each boss fight.

stats.png leaderboard.png

Instances

Instances are split into 2 types; PvE and PvP.
**Instances are not the main hunting caves on the server, they compliment them for users that do not enjoy mass PK and want some peace and quiet.**
You can queue solo or in a pre-made party.
Each Instance will have different requirements for it to start, when the minimum number of players has queued you can choose to start early.

The dungeon finder allows users to play with total randoms in a safe environment (PvE). There is no PK, item drops are distributed via a group loot roll system, and all party members receive the prize at the end.
img1.png

Instance Types
PvE: A variety of different PvE dungeons.
Timed PvE: Same as PVE but with a timer.

PvP Arena (non rated): Fancy a fight? Jump into an Arena match and battle it out with a random. Variety of modes ranging from solo to grouped.
PvP Arena (Rated): Same as above but with PvP rating. You will win/lose arena rating based on the outcome. A leaderboard shows who the best PvPers are on the server.
PvP LastManStanding: A mass brawl where its every man for himself!

instances.png

Group Loot - Instances Only.
Group loot is simple, whilst in an instance instead of the item dropping on the floor for a "free for all", a window will pop up displaying the item and its stats. You have the option of:

Need - if the item is an actual upgrade to you and you will be wearing it.
Greed - if you need the item just to sell it or benefit another character
Pass - if you're not interested

We understand that in a random group most players will simply need, but the need/greed is more for guild/trusted parties. The system will auto roll (broadcast to the group) and the highest roll wins the item.
Each item in the group loot has an expiry time (2 Minutes) if the time passes and you do not vote it will be automatically voted to Pass.
If the roll winner bag is full and the player failed to receive the item it will be mailed to the player and the player can collect parcel to receive the item.

NOT JUST INSTANCES!! LOTS OF CAVES!!!
For those concerned that the game resolves around instances, it does not, there are a huge amount of hunting caves to satisfy your needs!
The Server features tons of unique monsters with their own special coded AI and individual drop files.
fullcavelist.png

Chat Item Linking Enhancements
You can link your items in the chat by alt + left clicking the item, when you click the item within the chat it'll open the item in a new window to inspect.
chatlink.png

New Interface
We have a new interface unique to the server - we hope you like it!
interface.png

Level up / down on PK
That's right! If you get PK'd by someone lower level, or within 10 levels higher than you, they'll take your level off you!
Its a straight swap, the dead person loses 1 level, the winner gains 1 level.
There are no rules on this system, if you want to sell levels to players, or gift to your friends, feel free!
This feature is disabled on certain maps, e.g. FIGHT maps.
This only apples when you murder someone, leaving you at risk of cursing your weapon.

PvP Rating with Weekly Reset
Fight in 1v1, 3v3 arena's and/or big battleground style instances to increase your rating and earn PvP currency.Each week your rating is reset back to 0 and you are awarded currency for the rating gained. You can use this currency to buy items from the shop.
We have plans to introduce tournaments and monthly prizes for top rated players.

Free Game Gold via Level up rewards!
Its nice to be rewarded after putting in those long hours grinding away leveling up, and for that we are giving everyone free GameGold rewards every 5 levels! By the time you hit level 200 you would have earned enough GameGold to be able to purchase a powerful item from the shop!
You can gain up to ?15 worth of GameGold just through playing and having fun!

Monster Name Plates
We've added a new feature that shows Monster name plates
It'll display the following information about the monster:

Name
HP % or HP Digit (configurable in .ini file)
Monster Strength Level (Lv1-10)
This is not the actual mob level, but its random strength level. Higher level = stronger with better drop/exp rate.

The following image is showing for anything that is a Boss.
The following image is showing when the mob is too weak for you.
The following image is showing when the mob is too strong for you.
The following image is showing when the mob is within your level range.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: a3dam and Amrod

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
All images below " World Events" are hidden, probably because you need to be logged in on your forum. Same thing in your advert.

Reactions: Sanjian

Geniusnoob

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2005
Bucks UK
Probably been covered/thought of but something almost every server I've tried on launch day fails to do is bump up spawn rates for the bumper number of players on at that time - worth a thought.

Reactions: KillerMan

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
Played all your servers, if this has a usercount I’ll be giving it a go too, good luck Ben 👌

Only thing I don’t really like is level swap element lol

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Played all your servers, if this has a usercount I’ll be giving it a go too, good luck Ben 👌

Only thing I don’t really like is level swap element lol
we'll see how it plays out, it probably wont come into play that much as its murder only

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
When is it live?

I my have missed it from the post but I've skim read a couple of times and didn't see.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Not played a mir2 server since 2005 but since the only mir3 servers out seem to be basic rip offs of zircon with no work done might give this a go as it looks like some time and effort has gone into it.

Will this run on windows 10? Not familiar with mir2 files so figured I'd ask this now incase it either won't play or I'll need to Download something before hand.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Not played a mir2 server since 2005 but since the only mir3 servers out seem to be basic rip offs of zircon with no work done might give this a go as it looks like some time and effort has gone into it.

Will this run on windows 10? Not familiar with mir2 files so figured I'd ask this now incase it either won't play or I'll need to Download something before hand.

Yes Wins10 is the best OS for Mir2 on crystal.

Reactions: Vyse

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Cool last question do I need to keep an eye open for people running that Mirlander trash on here or have the crystal files got counter measures against cheaty bs software?

Reactions: WhyJewBanMe

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I'll give it a go. Ready for a Mir2 server.

Hopefully see my main man @Wond on here too.

P.s. @Wond I expect you to log on my account and level my char. Be like old times :P

Reactions: Shank and Wond

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
-Launch has been delayed until 2PM UK time-

Bon has been to too late to fix stuff and he has some stuff to fix :) so no hate onto him

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
How dare you launch later than stated earlier we the people demand compensation exp/drop/item even now!!!

Just kidding take your time mate put it up when it's ready not before I'd rather it launch later and everything work than it launch and have bugs or need rebooting every 10 mins to fix something.