Server longevity and finding a server to call home

Thorak

LOMCN Leecher
Apr 6, 2020
Greetings Mir3 Community

Having returned to the wonderful world of Mir 3 and looking through the lomcn forums in general, It feels as though there seems to be very little shelf life in anything where there will be, for want of a better word, consistency without anything one might deem game breaking (theres a fair few things in the files as a base set which do this for me personally, purely opinion)

So onwards to what I'm personally after from a server in general, and i feel its going to be a stretch to find anything present but who knows!

Rates: These have to be low! servers with lower rates are harder work yes but far more rewarding
Shelf Life: Need to know its going to last at minimum 12 months, ideally even longer!
Mechanics: Zircon's basic mechanics were good before a number of additions, a Zircon without the more "interesting" additions would be fine for me as a player, Sin needs a little work but thats no secret to anyone!
Cash Shop: Shouldn't give a huge advantage to anyone using it, it could for example have cosmetic only, cash shop items which do not overlap the core ingame items, Even a small subscription style buff similar to the temporary mir package used on Zircon but which only adds a small increase to gold/drop/exp gain, no actual physical stats.
Server Updates: Whilst these are needed for the long term viability of any game, they need to be extremely well thought out and pre tested, ideally on a public test realm, and being low rate, the current content setup would take a reasonable amount of time to clear as it is, moving level caps on a set timescale throughout the server would also allow for less of a level gap between those who can play 8+ hours per day, and those who cant allowing those who level slower to catch up whilst those who cap fast can spend their time pvping for bosses and such. An additional, well thought out area being released along with a well balanced new item set per class every so often would be enough in my opinion.

Most importantly I'm of a mindset that I don't want all these random changes here there and everywhere, where the game and its KSPs are fundamentally changed. Transmogrify of items is a fun idea, but the "look" of a weapon or item which is rare being only held by a set few who work to achieve it is lost as an example. Quests for the sake of quests is another!

I guess as a starter for ten this is my way of fishing to see if anyone has anything in the works which would fit in or be close to my comments above? Having run servers for other games myself a very long time ago (RF Online back in its 2.1.6 days!) I know the challenges faced and would even be happy to assist and help out from a community standpoint and with helping get something off the ground! Ideal world however being that I'm playing not running something! Doing both never seems to sit right!

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
The best thing you can do is check the advertisements and see if there's any server that suits you.

I don't know of any upcoming Mir 3 server.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
If you want a stable low rate(100+ online) near 1 year running, lv 67 max and not p2w GS also oriented on skins (transmog) then you can try ZenX.

Also Easter event is now on and you can catch up a decent level easily.

Also Transmog on zenx contains mostly low-medium skins in game, rare items such as ChaoticHeavenBlade does not exist on the transmog list.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
ZedX is the most stable, reliable and longterm mir 3 server out there (give Zed his kudos!) and still has a decent UC from what I have heard

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

Thorak

LOMCN Leecher
Apr 6, 2020
Thanks for the advice so far everyone! Shall log into ZenX and have a look today.

From what Alexcs has said it would seem that (Having looked at the server advertisements) My options look like a "compromise or code" situation whereby if i cannot find something I'm happy with, and with nothing new on the horizon, I'm likely to need to do something myself with it?

Hopefully ZenX isnt too far from the what im after!

Reactions: zedina

mkcollege

LOMCN Leecher
Aug 20, 2017
I played original Mir3 back in 2003, and then international server. I wish to try ZenX too, but is there a newbie friendly group of players at low level to play with?

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I played original Mir3 back in 2003, and then international server. I wish to try ZenX too, but is there a newbie friendly group of players at low level to play with?

Thanks to @Tai Mir News update email, we had a influx of 20 new players.
Also Easter Event is still on, you can catch up easily.