[Approved] OldSkool [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

sonnyx

LOMCN Leecher
Mar 28, 2020

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
hello. i have same problem BLACKSCREEN after launch. i have install the game..net framework 4.5 and directx sdk...only thing i cant install is net framework 3.5... when i press YES to install disapear and nothing happend

What OS are you using?

If I'm not wrong you can install .net 4.5 in Windows 7, 8 and 10. If you're using any of those Windows versiones make sure your system is fully udpated.

I think @Bon does help his players through remove sessions.

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
But if they was around the same level as you atleast you could have a chance. Atm the levels that are going to the lower level bosses can 2-3 hit me so you literally have no hope at all.

Or simply just level cap maps. If its a level 90-100 hunt map level cap it at 130 or something. The way it is atm is beyond boring. Ive give up playing and doubt il go back.

I also find the looks of the server very cringey, so many things look out of place in the mir enviroment. And also the lack of diversity in the kits is boring. Everyone pretty much looks the same.

For a server made by a man who we all know can create great servers this one just seems unfinished and rushed.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
people think its 400 strong when infact its only 200 ish and the usercount is off the people online in discord and doubled
wow this must be the dumbest post I've ever seen lol.
1. Not everyone is on discord, chinese players for example are not.
2. We dont fake our usercount because apart from it being against the rules, we dont need to.

But if they was around the same level as you atleast you could have a chance. Atm the levels that are going to the lower level bosses can 2-3 hit me so you literally have no hope at all.

Or simply just level cap maps. If its a level 90-100 hunt map level cap it at 130 or something. The way it is atm is beyond boring. Ive give up playing and doubt il go back.

I also find the looks of the server very cringey, so many things look out of place in the mir enviroment. And also the lack of diversity in the kits is boring. Everyone pretty much looks the same.

For a server made by a man who we all know can create great servers this one just seems unfinished and rushed.
server "looks" is subjective, I cannot change peoples view.
What I find to look awesome, Hany tends to not find awesome. Some will agree with me some wont.

I'm sorry you if you don't find it to your taste, but nothing I can do about that.

There is huge diversity in kits, I can't believe I am even reading that statement. Look at 10 different people in SZ and they'll all have different items.
Not only is there new items every level, but there is normal kit, * versions, item sets, item set sets (with bonuses), single items (boundless etc), pvp items, expiry items etc.
Looks aside, literally every item in-game is unique and no item has the same stats?!?!?!

Thanks for your feedback, although nothing I can do about anything you've said. Can only suggest you try making your own server to share your ideas and thoughts with others and maybe you'll see things in a different way.

In terms of Bosses, I am aware... but equally that is kind of the whole point, a Boss shouldn't be there 24/7 as then it isn't a boss. Instances are available all the time with a 100% boss. We increased the daily limit as well as reducing all boss timers.
We are constantly working to introduce new caves

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
pay as you go server lol.

Disagree, for the first few weeks, i was floating in the top 20 players list with one of the better kits ingame, all about getting lucky with 3 slotted items then saving for your shards to go in them, i don't think its p2w at all as you can 95% of things from GS with gold.

AesirMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 2, 2019
wow this must be the dumbest post I've ever seen lol.
1. Not everyone is on discord, chinese players for example are not.
2. We dont fake our usercount because apart from it being against the rules, we dont need to.

server "looks" is subjective, I cannot change peoples view.
What I find to look awesome, Hany tends to not find awesome. Some will agree with me some wont.

I'm sorry you if you don't find it to your taste, but nothing I can do about that.

There is huge diversity in kits, I can't believe I am even reading that statement. Look at 10 different people in SZ and they'll all have different items.
Not only is there new items every level, but there is normal kit, * versions, item sets, item set sets (with bonuses), single items (boundless etc), pvp items, expiry items etc.
Looks aside, literally every item in-game is unique and no item has the same stats?!?!?!

Thanks for your feedback, although nothing I can do about anything you've said. Can only suggest you try making your own server to share your ideas and thoughts with others and maybe you'll see things in a different way.

In terms of Bosses, I am aware... but equally that is kind of the whole point, a Boss shouldn't be there 24/7 as then it isn't a boss. Instances are available all the time with a 100% boss. We increased the daily limit as well as reducing all boss timers.
We are constantly working to introduce new caves

Wouldn't even waste your breath ben, they won't even read 1/2 of what you wrote cause they dont understand how hard it is to make a decent server.
All the best and good luck to you and hany, I'm sure this one will be as success as your previous servers :)

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
I have played the server throughout launch, so this is my overall feedback. For the newcomers the server does have an extreme high usercount and it’s rather easy to catch up and compete (not against P2W players though), however this server is extreme flawed with balance.

It has gotten better but continues to be extremely unbalanced. Warriors running around with 28k health, sins on 20k - practically unkillable if built and played right. Agility extremely overpowered making sins better mele class overall than warriors. Increasing warrior damage is what GM are currently pursuing to put them in line with sins but only would hurt other classes (taos/wiz).

Taos are a support class, it’s extremely hard to kill a tao but they lack in damage as it’s supposed to be. They definitely need their health slightly reduced and maybe increasing their damage

Wizards are nothing like their suppose to be - granted they’ve been improved slightly recently but nothing they should be. Only skill their relying is on meteror, which has one second delay being damaged is inputted, therefore you can easily escape. Wars have dash, sins have shadow step, Taoist can puri themselves once they have been slowed, FC/meteror combo only works on other wizards (that’s if they don’t rt). FF does 2-3k damage, so your looking about 10+ FF to kill a mele. It’s suppose to be high risk, high spell damage. Unless you have a pro ring this is worst class to pick

In terms of content they’re regularly adding them but in my opinion it’s way too slow and nothing special. Adding a single map and two bosses in one week period isn’t anything special, especially when entire user base were asking for group caves. I’ve played nearly all OS Servers and this one was probably worst one due to nothing makes sense. Arena system is silly and easily exploited (people have already exploited them) paragon stats makes no sense - eg why include attack speed/poison for Taos/wizard? It’s too generic and isn’t customised for individual classes. Chinese bots running rampage in every low level cave there’s at least 2-3 Chinese per floor for weeks on-end and are selling 500m for £90. People have reported them time and again but nothing was done until today where a few noobs got permanent banned.

Last edited:

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

He's referring to armours/weapons.

There is variety in accessories, but not in armours/weapons. (Tho i would love some pure defensive items, without any dc/sc/mc or attack stats, hint, hint)

It's basically MirArm/Tank/Cannon Bos/SOWG/HS/BloodSucker/OSWep.

It does kinda make everyone look the same as thats the part you see without clicking.

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
I should of been a bit more clear on everyone looking the same. I ment armours, everyone is split between 3 armours. Compared to your last servers which have all had much more variety this just seems not as good.

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
It’s shocking at how much ££ Ben is able to steal from the community without any backlash from lomcn admins. Selling a loot box with all new spells for 30 quid per box is outrageous. Especially when it’s been designed specifically to give tao items as they’re played the least. Let me make up my claims - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cYnUVOwSqv

This is when the server was new and Ben introduced best items in server in game store watch how I spent 150 quid on buying loot boxes and count how many taos and sin weps compared to war/wiz loot boxes. I understand the dynamics has changed now, since a lot of characters rerolled as sins. I got another two videos somewhere in this laptop of me opening another 300 quid worth of Mir items - same story.

This tactic isn’t new at all, most mmorpg implement this ‘marketing scheme’ to focus you to buy more but publicly publishing it on a private server and charging them ridiculous price is ott and ethically and morally wrong

Last edited:

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I can understand some of the frustration in your post but your wording is wrong.

Steal - he isn't stealing. It is your option to spend £300 on loot boxes (which i think is crazy amount! amount of JustEats you could of ordered!)

Backlash from lomcn admins - i think this is in regard to "stealing" but his lootboxes are there for all to buy and optional so no action that i would take against Ben there.

You guys as the community have more power than me as an admin over a servers gameshop as if you all feel an item is wrong or over priced - feed that back / don't buy it. If items stop selling of all of a sudden the server owner will obviously address. However I am guessing they are selling quite well and as such server owner sees no issue or need to change the gameshop.

BloodDemon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 20, 2003
Darlington, UK
But Mir items are normally a single item that changes stats based on level and class. It’s part of the source. Having separate items is very much a calculated decision.

Reactions: KillerMan

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
Does anyone know what are all the resolutions which work on this game?

I keep trying to change mine to something bigger than 1024 but it fails to load the game. Tried 1280, 1440, 1920.. nothing seems to work. Any idea?

Thanks,

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what are all the resolutions which work on this game?

I keep trying to change mine to something bigger than 1024 but it fails to load the game. Tried 1280, 1440, 1920.. nothing seems to work. Any idea?

Thanks,

I used 1366

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
It’s shocking at how much ££ Ben is able to steal from the community without any backlash from lomcn admins. Selling a loot box with all new spells for 30 quid per box is outrageous. Especially when it’s been designed specifically to give tao items as they’re played the least. Let me make up my claims - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cYnUVOwSqv

This is when the server was new and Ben introduced best items in server in game store watch how I spent 150 quid on buying loot boxes and count how many taos and sin weps compared to war/wiz loot boxes. I understand the dynamics has changed now, since a lot of characters rerolled as sins. I got another two videos somewhere in this laptop of me opening another 300 quid worth of Mir items - same story.

This tactic isn’t new at all, most mmorpg implement this ‘marketing scheme’ to focus you to buy more but publicly publishing it on a private server and charging them ridiculous price is ott and ethically and morally wrong

How much? 😂

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
@Tai is the UC working correctly on LOMCN for this? It just seems to hover around 206-210 and doesn't change at all over the course of the day?

Reactions: KillerMan