Artificial Mir 2 - Discussion Thread

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

launch-poster-final-fixed.png

The server is now LIVE!​

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Not been able to log on yet myself, so would be good to hear peoples feedback from the opening weekend :)

sirwizalot

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2003
outterspace
The servers went up and too many people logged in within seconds there was 100's of new accounts logging in but now it's calmed down it is Euro Mir+.
XP is what it was in Euro Mir used to be and all the maps I can see are there nice to get back to Mir.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Best server in a long time, please keep the database backed up every 4 hours at least >.< Had too many nightmares with rollbacks/rewinds from past server experiences lol

Well done!

Reactions: Wittin and Chriz

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Best server in a long time, please keep the database backed up every 4 hours at least >.< Had too many nightmares with rollbacks/rewinds from past server experiences lol

Well done!
I would back it up more frequently then every 4 hours :geek:

Heard good feedback about the server from various people, will have to try find some time to get on and give it a go! (new PoE league is this week too :( )

I wish I could just no life games like back in the day :(

Reactions: Seanofsmeg

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
So my immediate reaction when loading the game is: 2560x1440, cool! but the UI is far too small. I know, I'll just run it in a lower resolution! Nope. Game doesn't load any other resolution unless I play in windowed mode. I know! I'll just set the game to 1280x720 and then double scale it to 2560x1440! Perfect!..... Nope. Lowest widescreen resolution is 1366x768.

Ok what's the deal? Why doesn't the game work in fullscreen unless I use my native resolution? And why can't I use 1280x720?

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Best solution i think is if you put it in standard windowed mode at 1280x720, then press alt + enter in-game and it will force fullscreen at that resolution

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
That works for me. Also, I notice the game is much smoother now. What FPS does it target? is it 60? Because even though it's clearly smoother, theres a distinct and consistent stutter that is extremely offputting.

and how do I get it to save my username and password? I tick the remember box, but it asks me every time I launch the client.

Reactions: ventus

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
That works for me. Also, I notice the game is much smoother now. What FPS does it target? is it 60? Because even though it's clearly smoother, theres a distinct and consistent stutter that is extremely offputting.

and how do I get it to save my username and password? I tick the remember box, but it asks me every time I launch the client.
I also have to reenter my username/password everytime I login. Its been broken for awhile ><
Now its even worse, I have to enter my user/pass then close the patcher and open it again and then it finally logs in.

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN

Yes 60 by default, you can disable caps by settings the following for max performance:

UseCapping=False
FPSCap=False

Also if you have borderless mode enabled, it will enforce the client to stretch to your desktops resolution regardless of the res set on the game config