Suggestion Leveling suggestions

Onceiliv

LOMCN Member
Oct 9, 2020
Has any1 thought of having a map with a main cave where you start it's obvious a home zone with 1 cave with quests moving into new home zone map with new cave with quests with more ability in each home zone it's like a story there could be like 10 quests per home zone or even special side caves
Post automatically merged:

It's like 1 cave per map (home zone)

With 10 quests

And a side cave with either gold or item caves

True epic story

Onceiliv

LOMCN Member
Oct 9, 2020
U would have to think more of what I ment it was like stages and maps one cave per map with uber quests

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Think he means how normal games start,

you start in a starter zone, quests / kill mobs, then move onto the next area, do that bit etc then you move onto a new area etc like you get out of the “learning stage” of the game,
I like the idea tbh

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Pretty sure that’s how herc had his server Mir World, different zones/lvl restrictions

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
LOMCN HQ with Tai, eating bagels.
Think he means how normal games start,

you start in a starter zone, quests / kill mobs, then move onto the next area, do that bit etc then you move onto a new area etc like you get out of the “learning stage” of the game,
I like the idea tbh

But this isn't a normal game! It's Mir.

The whole point is, there's only one way to level, click **** until your mind turns to slush and you can't take it anymore. Then chat **** and PvP for a few months until the UC drops. Moan about it, wait a few months/years, do the same again.

If it ain't broke...

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Pretty sure that’s how herc had his server Mir World, different zones/lvl restrictions

Pretty much, and it’s a nice thought but I regret it as you end up spreading the UC to thin as they level at different speeds. It’s much better to have a central start point and everything based from there imo (which is what I’ve done this time).

Reactions: Belle

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Linear playstyle doesn't work for a game like Mir, due to what's stated above; I like the open world, I can go to a level 50 area at level 1 and get my ass handed to me, gg easy.

The big things you want are:
Centralized "Hub".
Areas (low and high) always feel worthwhile for the level they are intended for.
*** a lot of servers make low level content boring as you pass it over quickly, but I feel this really shows the level of a server's content, if they are willing to spend the time on all levels of content
"Distractions" from levelling & ways to motivate the grind.