~~Vanilla~~ Low rate server (trying to make Europe/global original Mir 3)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

robhw

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 3, 2006
I always enjoyed playing Europe and Global Mir 3 to the point were lately I have hosted my own server with a couple of my friends so we can play together like we used to with low rates and enjoy the grind.

I don't like the parts system of items, I feel like it takes away that dopamine rush you get when an item drops. so I have removed that from this server, now full items drop, again I have tried to match what Europe and Global were like for drops.

For gold I have altered Ant cave and Flea cave to become the main source of gold hunting especially for lower levels, similar to how the original WeMade servers were. I have had to play around with the drops, but I feel like its near enough how it used to be.

Exp is all at the normal x1 rate.

I enjoyed grinding in groups so my aim is to ensure this is needed in this server, making everything a grind together just like the good old days of WeMade. (Reminiscing of guild hunts in west desert, black palace, Jichon palace and Numa ruins).

Like I said I made this server for me and my friends to enjoy playing together so this is not being made for profit. To the point were I am not going to have the buy game gold option, it will all be with hunt gold.
With that said I may make it possible to buy items from 33+ if people feel they want this feature, but we will see, its not something I am planning to add but I understand some people like this option.

I still have some to do with this before I open it up.

But basically if you enjoyed original WeMade server for Mir 3 you will probably like this server. If you want to join me and my friends then keep an eye out for when its officially live.
  • Server Rates:
  • Exp: x1
  • Gold: x1 - (tried to alter it to match what Europe/global was like)
  • Drop: x1

Last edited:

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
You will have to find another name for the server. Origins has already been used in the past and there's also a set of files with that name.

5. Server names must be unique. Please do not use a server name which is either currently in use by another team OR has been used in the past. This is to avoid confusion and misrepresentation.

robhw

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 3, 2006
You will have to find another name for the server. Origins has already been used in the past and there's also a set of files with that name.
Ah fair, thanks for letting me know, I’ll change it to vanilla, something that indicates it’s not to dissimilar to Global WeMade

Reactions: Alecs

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
I kinda miss alot of the old things,
Store is a NPC and can only be viewed when you in town.
Same as Market was a NPC.
if you want to to have the classic effect you will need to redo alot of skills, getting power spells at the wrong level, Defiance/Renounce, depending on the version of files you have iv seen them spells level 30 maybe even level 20 or so, if i remeber right thats 44 or 40ish level spell.

also you will need to remove the sin spell that gives them life steel that makes the class to powerful, you will need to add the LS set that you can get from apes, this was removed from Zircon for some reason. only way to control Sin is put them back to single target, they have some AOE spells for lower level mobs once they higher level(NOT MASSACRE)

Id like to see Sin with Karma and Rake spells again.

Bit controversial here but i miss the old days where drops where shared, if something was dropped you would dice for it or decide who gets it. that feels like real mir to me.

and the repair timer good times :)

• Carrot
  • Haha
Reactions: zedina and Amrod

robhw

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 3, 2006
I kinda miss alot of the old things,
Store is a NPC and can only be viewed when you in town.
Same as Market was a NPC.
if you want to to have the classic effect you will need to redo alot of skills, getting power spells at the wrong level, Defiance/Renounce, depending on the version of files you have iv seen them spells level 30 maybe even level 20 or so, if i remeber right thats 44 or 40ish level spell.

also you will need to remove the sin spell that gives them life steel that makes the class to powerful, you will need to add the LS set that you can get from apes, this was removed from Zircon for some reason. only way to control Sin is put them back to single target, they have some AOE spells for lower level mobs once they higher level(NOT MASSACRE)

Id like to see Sin with Karma and Rake spells again.

Bit controversial here but i miss the old days where drops where shared, if something was dropped you would dice for it or decide who gets it. that feels like real mir to me.

and the repair timer good times :)
agree with all of this bud :) there is still some work for me to do before i open it up, I do want to rework sins.
I have been half tempted to just shut them off completely, but my brother liked playing it, so going to see what I can do with them.

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
If you manage the pig with crit etc dont allow crit on pig or maybe low amount or push them to DC build and dont allow Mana hermits.

robhw

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 3, 2006
I’ve lowered the crit % on the pig stats already.
wil probably open it for beta testing, get sone people on who know how to play sin first, make them lvl 44 and see how they do damage wise.
Being x1 exp - should take a while to get to that level.
Turning exp tonics off, only guild and group exp buffs will apply. To try and prompt group hunting.

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
Yeah all the shop things should be removed exp etc. server will all ways feel better with less OP things in shop, servers seem 2 be the best at the start when no OP spells in game or every 1 is some what on even level with gear etc,

Sounds promising, i would give it a bash.

• Wow
Reactions: zedina and robhw

robhw

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 3, 2006
Best of luck, but you will probably be the 500th person to do a clone.
Thanks,
Like I said though I’m not doing this for profit, I’m doing it for me and friends to play, if others want to join us then great. 😊. Either way, I’ll be playing it with my friends 😊

XloverBoy7X

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Dundee
Thanks,
Like I said though I’m not doing this for profit, I’m doing it for me and friends to play, if others want to join us then great. 😊. Either way, I’ll be playing it with my friends 😊

I can see these conspiracies that you give friends items already😁

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Yeah I need to think how I will overcome this, obviously I will not, but proving I don’t will be difficult

You won't. As soon as your friend gets a good item someone will claim you gave it to him. Just don't pay them attention.

Reactions: ventus

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
I want a piece of the action and to be there on launch. Any ideas when?
When its done xD kidding, cant imagine it being long being a euro clone? Especially if people are testing balance stuff. I would also like to know if there is a test phase.

You won't. As soon as your friend gets a good item someone will claim you gave it to him. Just don't pay them attention.
Not really worried about this, more the fact changes to the server to suit friends, so I will suggest to the GM a vote system of sorts for changes.

(guess forum doesnt auto-merge anymore, sorry)

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
When its done xD kidding, cant imagine it being long being a euro clone? Especially if people are testing balance stuff. I would also like to know if there is a test phase.

Not really worried about this, more the fact changes to the server to suit friends, so I will suggest to the GM a vote system of sorts for changes.

(guess forum doesnt auto-merge anymore, sorry)

But that's unrealistic. People have their own ideas for their own servers. You can't expect them to be doing only what the community wants. And even if he does that, he won't keep everybody happy.

Forum does automerge but on in every subforum. I merged it, but anyway don't worry, we don't issue warnings for double posting unless you're a dick and do it on purpose to spam or annoy people.

robhw

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 3, 2006
Haven’t got an idea of launch yet, I will be opening it up for testing before officially live though.
I don’t want to give any dates as I will be held to that, don’t want to over promise and under deliver.

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
Haven’t got an idea of launch yet, I will be opening it up for testing before officially live though.
I don’t want to give any dates as I will be held to that, don’t want to over promise and under deliver.
Smart choice. Is there a way to send me a notification of when its about to launchbtest or love so i habe a chance to download pior? Usually takes me hours as this far away