[Approved] Chronicles [AceM2] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Some of the notable recent changes to Chronicles:

Boost
Any characters below level 55 can now use the @boost command ingame this will give them:
- Level 55
- Basic instance ready level 55 gear
- All pre level 55 skills at level 3
- 1x Free SuperToken (see Super-Caves below)
- All teleport stones unlocked
- Teleport to Bichon safezone (for new characters on Mizu)

Super-Caves
Every day on a rotating cycle 1 of the now obsolete early game caves will be buffed up in difficulty and reward to match the current end game caves. The first floor is a PvE only leveling zone, second floor onward mimics the original setup of the cave with the increased difficulty. A SuperToken allows 90 minutes access to these caves.

Current list of Super-Caves:
- OmaCave
- WoomaTemple
- BugCave
- StoneTemple
- ZumaTemple
- RedMoonValley
- PrajnaStoneCave

Risk free Refines
Weapons can no longer be broken from refining them.

PureBenedictionOil
This new green coloured BenedictionOil will not cause Curse to a weapon that is Below Luck 4.

Boss Changes
All current bosses have had their respawn times lowered and their drop rates increased

These are just some of the many changes Chronicles has had in the last few months with many more on the way. The above changes are hoped to lessen the gap between the mid and top tier players ready for the new wave of level 70+ content, and the new competition this will bring.

Last edited:

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Chronicles Halloween 2020

- Become a "Master of Spiders"
- Global drop rate x2

7017076b5331cc6365338e2603280623.png

d4a086b5eb6526d634b2bd885b7b2d03.png

This event will run until next weekend, due to the nature of the event death drops will be turned off for the duration

Reactions: ventus

jonti

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 26, 2008
Chrons was dire. Cheats exploits and more. Bad decisions. Luck 7 fiasco. Sins. Monks. Sam never played the game so had no idea what players want. I reckon popularity due to there not being anything else at the time. The make money by selling Pk drops for rl cash crew had a great time with the stupid sins and the stupider monks

• Haha
Reactions: zivanovic99

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Reboot is complete, server is online with the following changes:

- Christmas event part 1 started:
- Global drop rate x2
- Christmas tree NPC in safezone giving out daily gifts
- Event items dropped from mobs in SuperCave's and new Blossom area

- BlossomSkyGardens part 1 added:
- New area accessed from TaoVillage map

- MirStatues on DDD doors reduced from 2 to 1

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
- Christmas event ended -

BlossomSkyGardens part 2 added:
- New area accessed from TaoVillage map now fully functional

de5c573d58f718fa4e3f7d16ac9cd011.png

The Igyu's
2 new bosses introduced with the SkyGarden's update. These new bosses come with a new game mechanic in that when killed they may infuse your armour with their power

- New level 70+ items added, can be dropped from new and old areas
- Level cap on gems/orbs increased to 60
- Fixed TownTeleports returning you to AscendingStatue

Reactions: Sanjian

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Todays update is complete, server is online with the following changes:

Instance token system added
You can now obtain tokens to open up single instances of some of Chronicles toughest bosses:
BirthOfFire Igyu
BirthOfDarkness Igyu
Kraken
CursedWitch
These will have the same drop chances as the regular bosses, Tokens can be found in their respective dungeons, also from Super-caves. Statue can be found in contest room bottom floor (below Gauntlet NPCs).

- Increased wizard wear weight
- Fix guild names showing constantly
- Added 1day, 7day & 30day versions of looting pets to Gameshop

4f12154fd4f2334f22c624b8697a8108.png

Reactions: Nameless

beer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2004
Custom Key file ? Someone told me they can use their F9-12 keys for spells . Is there some file I need to download to get it or copy and paste .

MaNnY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 27, 2003
Tbh over 1k HP on a wizz at level 87 just shows how unbalanced that server is - OP by that meaning. Map looks good but at peak times I've only seen 22 people online

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Tbh over 1k HP on a wizz at level 87 just shows how unbalanced that server is - OP by that meaning.

Please explain further, as actually you've shown nothing.

What HP would you expect a level 87 wizard to have?
Also when looking at the HP's of other classes level 87 what seems unbalanced?

MaNnY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 27, 2003
Well given wizards have a sheild they absorbs shed loads of damage that others don't have, doesn't quite warrant it being that high. But it's fine. You have to appease your actual use count. Don't see any archers anymore. Must be an obsolete class

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
What warrants removing it?

Low/non existant Archer population + they no fun :p

Also real talk, lvling beyond lvl 55 and being in any realm of competition is practically impossible, the @boost isn't enough at all but I guess this is irrelevant to 'Lomcn Approved' for some :]

Fleshwerk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
N. Ireland
Wizard Hp is fine - you must compare it to the hp of the other classes.

Re. Approved badge - this server is rock solid, if someone new or old starts mir they can play this server and not worry about it disappearing in less than a year.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Ngl when I played chrons late end game, wizzies were dying in 1 tdb brah, and from tht video they do get hurt lol, it was a warrior only server mainly till LCD done changes, and I think I remember lvl 70 wars could get like 2K+ hp full buffed or some ****, assuming they’re over 3k margin by now, so seems fair wiz got some love

Reactions: Fleshwerk

MaNnY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 27, 2003
Yeah i get your point but its not balanced across all classes. Like @welshas mentioned, archers are now redundant and as I had breifly seen since the hem changes, sins are OP as **** too.

@flesa solid can always be rock solid if it wants to be, but you are not going to get over 40 people online at max times.

Waiting for v2 or another server tbh