Phoenix XE [Discussion]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
logo_xe.png
Exp Rate: Low-Med Custom Exp Table
Gold and Drop Rates: Custom

Launch Date: April 3rd 2021
Current Season: 2
Lots of new skills for each class
5 Classes (Warrior, Wizard, Taoist, Assassin, Summoner)

The Team Currently Consists of:
4 Content Developers
3 Community GMs
1 Discord Manager

Phoenix XE - Will continue to focus on PvE and be family-orientated, we have little people playing on this server already and it's a place where a lot of our original players and staff can reconnect. This will be a low-medium rate server, by comparison, however, we have removed rebirth and current have content in-game up to player lv150.

I will go bulk out the details as we go, but some of the more sweeping updates are below:
  • Waystones, are teleport locations that can be revisited once found, these exist in the overworld and in dungeons.

• New Mounts System, mounts are now items, you can collect many (currently 15 mounts available in-game)

• Drop system overhaul, drops are now categorised differently, there are level range drop tables, monster-specific drops and area-specific drops. This means you will always find items relevant to the monster/area level, you no longer have to stay in one place and it makes going to new locations worthwhile.
    In terms of the drops chances for players it now works out like this:
    1) Level Range Drop Chance
    2) Monster Specific Drop Chance
    3) Area Specific Drop Chance
    4) Bonus Items Drop Chance (Such as potion explosions or bonus items)
    5) Event-Based Drop Chance

• LOOT System, this works similar to prefix/suffix items from the diablo series, sometimes when an item drops it has a chance of gaining a name, these names assign new stats to the dropped item, there is even a possibility of the item obtaining a players name (draws from players that are currently online when this happens). On top of this naming bonus, we also implemented a chance upgrade system, dropped items can also randomly achieve a rarity class upgrade and gain additional stats this way too. We have 5 rarity options at the moment, Common, Uncommon, Rare, Legendary, Xtreme
    Uncommon things have between 2 and 3 bonuses
    Rare things have between 2 and 4 bonuses
    Legendary things have between 3 and 6 bonuses
    Xtreme Items go beyond that and from there it gets complicated as it needs to know the item type and certain bonuses are on certain item types etc

• We have a creature capture system with ~70 obtainable pets across the whole game, pets can also be levelled up and gain their own experience, levels and stats making each one unique even when you have the same type. Pet Shards count as items, and can be traded, and will also retain stats after trade.

• Boss Soul collection, as an additional reward for defeating bosses, you collect their souls and can use them as a sort of currency to spawn a boss in the Hall of Souls (accessible from Sanctuary map).

• Item Synthesis system replaces the old refinement system, many item types can be synthesized. synthesis points and stones can be collected from any sub-boss, boss or benehoth mob.

• Behemoth class monsters are in game, these are essentially what scions used to be if you used to play our server and can appear at various levels of play from low-level caves up through end game content areas. Think of these as mega-bosses.

• Rift Dungeons are ingame, currently available are: (Once certain requirements are met a Rift Stone will spawn, these take you to Rift only dungeons)
    Example: Temple of Kings (5 floors, multiple bosses, mega boss and area only items)

• Companions are in and working with custom item filters, inventory size was increased massively.

• Skill systems have been completely revamped, we've changed the way elements affect spell power formula's, which makes owning element plus items much more worthwhile. We've also edited skill powers, costs and requirements for almost every skill in-game. Removed all cooldown timers apart from a few exceptions, and improved all summons. All skills can currently be leveled to Skill Level 10.

• Also lots of custom and new skills for all classes warriors have shouts that buff them and their party and new blood sacrifice skills that drain HP instead of MP for increased effects., Wizards have status effects in addition to new skills (Fire has a chance to cause burn, ice a chance to slow etc). Taos have improved healing and some new skills, and summons now level and evolve with the player. Assassins have a wide range of new skills and are now a DC-based class. Summoners have a wide range of custom new skills based on a final fantasy style summoner. LOTS more spells planned.

• Replaced the 'shield' slot with a wider-ranging 'Off-Hand' item slot, these items allow for new play styles with existing classes. Such as being able to have a Warrior that can kit out to be a true tank, or a Wizard that focuses on a certain elemental power, or a Taoist that can be a true healer or summoner subclass, or an Assassin that can focus on High DPS or Poisons.

• Healing wells were added to most of the safe zones for a free way to heal up characters and pets

• Castle wars are working and other forms of organised PvP are in development.

• Removed rebirth system in favour of character ascension and continued levelling rather than restarting.

• Added Ascension system, this allows a player to go beyond Lv100, currently supports up to character level 250, every additional character ascension adds +10 to the characters level cap and unlocks a +1 to skill level cap (currently up to skill level 10)

• As we continue to develop the server we will release patch logs here to further explain our updates and changes, please take the time to read them to get a feel for what we offer.

Discord Channel Link: https://discord.gg/VtmwSzN
Alternatively, Search Discord for Xtreme Servers

Last edited:

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Server launch went better than hoped, so great to see so many returning faces, looks like players from old Phoenix have been reconnecting too, really great atmosphere!

Reactions: Amrod

haku4ever

LOMCN Leecher
Jul 8, 2018
It says invite invalid when I try to enter the discord, and I've searched for xtreme servers with no positive results how can I play this game? no download link either. Just wondering, would like to try this server.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
so there will be a pve and a pvp server? user count on servers low enough on mir :p
Indeed there will be, I think the majority of people who will stay in Phoenix are the lot who played long term on the original. Everyone else will probably end up on Taral

Caeser

LOMCN n00bie
Jun 21, 2012
i downloaded the zip file and ran it but it says wrong windows, i downloaded the 2 msi and redist files .. the 2 msi files ran the exe fails to setup,
So the game is saying not compatible with my windows 7 ???? really??
Any ideas cant get launcher to work at all

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Please jump on the discord channel and post in the live help channel, someone will help you get online :)

Also just wanted to say how incredible the level of interest is in the server in just 2 weeks. The whole team is looking forward to continuing to provide more updates and content in the coming weeks and months!

Jungle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2018
Please jump on the discord channel and post in the live help channel, someone will help you get online :)

Also just wanted to say how incredible the level of interest is in the server in just 2 weeks. The whole team is looking forward to continuing to provide more updates and content in the coming weeks and months!
is Taral still looking to be released in April this year??

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
cant get this to launch via launcher or xtreme exe file, tried admin and compatibility any ideas?

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
thats on the launcher? no i havent ill do that first thanks.

when i click it on the launcher it says cannot find the file specified, where do i get the file?

Last edited: