HellFire

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
Good morning guys, so I pop in every now and again just to check up on things. I'm totally fixated that there are a total lack of mir 3 servers atm. The ones that have been online have came and gone or dwindled to few. I've been playing a zircon server, I've noticed that I don't really care for these files, especially after downloading and looking through that its next to impossible for easy scripting, which "defeats the purpose of a fun server." Next to the overpowered assasin. uhhh zir con is a con but fun for a while....
I'm in business for myself, and have extra time I can devote to a server. Not my life, but "time". I've still got a set of old files laying around that are some kings version that I was working on developing and releasing and never got around to it. This would be hosted on a home pc for now, with the sure possibility that if enough players are on, it would move to a dedi. I'm going traditional and going medium rate, my ETA is X=mas or there after. I would like to do open beta with no wipe. In game will have several subs and bosses, with tier levels. Map only for bosses, unique quest system, accesory refines.
What I need from those community members left is feedback and thoughts/suggestions. This will work off of vital synthesis points system and fame, Numa Hill will open once daily for 2 hours, this will be the only place to gather fame points.

We will be using Infinity client with latest updated Korean maps and wils

Last edited:

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
I've been playing a zircon server, I've noticed that I don't really care for these files, especially after downloading and looking through that its next to impossible for easy scripting, which "defeats the purpose of a fun server."

I just want to point out that Zircon is open source which allows you to do way more things that a simple scripting language. You can even make your own scripting language if you want.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I'd also question the statement of "assassins are overpowered". Whats stopping you from balancing them :S I'd probably say you wouldn't even need any coding knowledge to just tweak assassin damage output.

Reactions: Kim82

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I'd also question the statement of "assassins are overpowered". Whats stopping you from balancing them :S I'd probably say you wouldn't even need any coding knowledge to just tweak assassin damage output.

I think is not by being overpowered and is just by the mentality of the user.

Massacre makes sins overpowered along with stupid Mana scale (Thanks Shane) on Blossoms.

Take out massacre and adjust the scale on Blossoms ... players will cry and wont bother to play it, no matter how many tweaks will occur.

Reactions: twisterdmk

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
Seeing as that I’ve been playing a zircon server for well over a year and 1/2, I don’t care what tweaks you did. As Sedona pointed out, the damage output with massacre is massive. You tweak the class and people won’t play it, I can vouch for that because I saw it happen to the server I’m playing. The GM recoded all damage and could never satisfy all. It lead to only two active sins with a 80+ active usercount. The files were great, when they first hit market. I’m sticking with what I have done on these king’s.
on eta, I said around Xmas or there after, could be February. I’m not in a rush to make a flash in the pan. I’m time oriented and would say a few weeks to couple months, eta.

I think is not by being overpowered and is just by the mentality of the user.

Massacre makes sins overpowered along with stupid Mana scale (Thanks Shane) on Blossoms.

Take out massacre and adjust the scale on Blossoms ... players will cry and wont bother to play it, no matter how many tweaks will occur.
Not trying to double post but can this be merged. Thanks zedina for backing me.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Im not backing you, Sin by implementation is wrong as wemade added the class while other classes had years of progress so by obvious is broken, the developer of zircon made it more broken with Massacre and stupid mana scale on the blossoms.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Tai and Alecs

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Seeing as that I’ve been playing a zircon server for well over a year and 1/2, I don’t care what tweaks you did. As Sedona pointed out, the damage output with massacre is massive. You tweak the class and people won’t play it, I can vouch for that because I saw it happen to the server I’m playing. The GM recoded all damage and could never satisfy all. It lead to only two active sins with a 80+ active usercount. The files were great, when they first hit market. I’m sticking with what I have done on these king’s.
on eta, I said around Xmas or there after, could be February. I’m not in a rush to make a flash in the pan. I’m time oriented and would say a few weeks to couple months, eta.

So you want to make a server with files that has Assassins balanced, but if you balance the Assassin on Zircon to match then people won't like it because its balanced and not OP?

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
Okay, let me just say. Constructive criticism is bliss, it’s not that I don’t want to try “ balance” assassin, it’s I don’t like the files. Respectfully speaking, they were a great release from Jamie and helped create many cash cow servers that die out in less than 90 days with most servers. Sea of eden and zeds server are the longest running zircon server so far. It’s my choice to use what files I want to work and I except that people may or not play server. I’m just trying to make a better mir 3 section. But there’s so much dam bickering amongst the community it defeated the purpose of people helping to make the “zircon” source files better? Did I miss anything?
Yup it’s exactly what happened on server I was playing, GM tweaked and no one would play except two people, obviously zedina has experienced the same thing and is quoting what actually happens.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
the developer of zircon made it more broken with Massacre and stupid mana scale on the blossoms.
and yet you didnt alter this on your files and kept it broken (mana scaling blooms) in the first 9 months or so that i played your server (which btw was awesome :))

Reactions: zedina

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I definitely wasn't saying you had to like Zircon files, I just wanted to understand the example you stated of why you didn't like them that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: twisterdmk

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
and yet you didnt alter this on your files and kept it broken (mana scaling blooms) in the first 9 months or so that i played your server (which btw was awesome :))

Massacre got nerfed on launch, and i do believe level 65 was achieved after you left.
To be honest mana blooms per single target is ok on Mobs (without Massacre) but not Subs (which my mistake was i didnt had the isBoss or Monster switch to neutralize that crap :)

Currently live version of ZenX has mana blooms nerfed to the ground and switch on DC for blooms which is awesome. Obviously it made some players who was obssesed to be OP to leave, however...

• Dislike
Reactions: Fusion and Sanjian

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
I definitely wasn't saying you had to like Zircon files, I just wanted to understand the example you stated of why you didn't like them that's all.
Yes, I understand this. I think each person respectfully has there choice of what they like. After the first of the year I will be starting C++ course, so hopefully in near future, I will be able to conduct more help. Just for now, I will stick with kings version as ive been working on them for some time.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Yes, I understand this. I think each person respectfully has there choice of what they like. After the first of the year I will be starting C++ course, so hopefully in near future, I will be able to conduct more help. Just for now, I will stick with kings version as ive been working on them for some time.

Zircon is written in C#, so don't expect your C++ knowledge to be immediately transferrable

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
The community needs a new, highly modified with content, Zircon server. Anything else will only get 5-10 players.

Reactions: Fusion

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Zircon is written in C#, so don't expect your C++ knowledge to be immediately transferrable
Also you need more than a programming course to write code for Zircon unless you only aim to make small edits here and there.

Reactions: Tai