EuroReborn - The Highest Definition

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
im not sure if you played the last itteration of the server but ive taken pretty stong measures against grief pvp/pk in terms of what being brown restricts players from doing.

Cool and no I haven't, I'm just someone who takes PvP way too seriously with the likes of Tekken and BDO's release mechanics (before game was destroyed by Awakening and shitty gear system), last Mir I played was Valk's and fighting over World bosses's which was fairly clean besides the mage shield problem that got fixed eventually (****...most server owners and mages :p).

I wouldn't peg whatever you've said on these forums as Carebear at all, infact brown status denying RT/TT/DE is a pretty damning system to be frightened of which would immediately make me wonder of what mobility options Wiz and Tao otherwise...it could be labelled as Carebear in tight or populated circumstances "There is no way I'm going to agro, I'll be ****ed!", thereby relying heavily on Guild War for actual contentions over anything.

Potion cooldown is cool but I'm really only concerned about Sun's, worked either by cooldown or giving off a Curse if consuming too many, much like consuming Bene's "**** my character is paralyzed! xD!", would be funny...

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
@Sanjian now that you're talking about item stats and all that I'll tell you something I'd like to see in Mir.

I've taken it from Last Epoch. As any other ARPG out there they have normal items, rate items, legendary items, uniques and all that. But all items (except uniques) have something called forging potential. That forging potential tells you how much that item can be improved.

And how do you improve it? You gather something called shards from drops, which are affixes that you can forge into an item. Items have 4 "slots" for affixes, 2 prefixes and 2 suffixes. Prefixes increase things like damage, attributes, etc and suffixes increase things like defense, health, etc.

There's no fixed limit on how much you can upgrade those affixes because it depends on the forging potential. The higher the potential, the more you'll be able to upgrade it. Also upgrades don't have a fixed amount of forging potential that will be used, it'll tell you that it'll use between x and y forging potential, so you can make an estimation. There are also some modifiers that gives like a small chance to get back the forging potential points spent in that upgrade.

I think that'll be hard to implement in a balanced way in Mir but maybe an affix or two would work, even if they increase less important stuff, like 2% chance to get potions, or 2% increase in gold, etc.

Useful links:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Ive een the epoch forging potential before and thought it was an interesting system.

i also liked pre determined suffixes used in the diablo systems. For both mobs and items.

like you could get BoneElite - The Flame Warden. And all its attacks could cause burn.

or BoneElite - The Chilled. And all attacks could freeze.

it is a system im keen to introduce to subs/bosses where they take from a pool of abilities. And players learn the pool rather than the single boss mechanic. But each boss/sub will have its own unique style with a bonus from the pool added

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
as an example, if your brown you cant rt, de or tt, if you start a fight and go brown thats your responsability and also punishment, there are others but atm i cant think of them because ive so much going on. but i generally get slated for my approach to pk/pvp because im seen to carebear the server, when in fact i do the opposite to players who want to start fights.

Hands down, best feature for PvP ever lol.

But as was recently learnt when Jamie wanted to implement something similar, it's not a shared view haha.

But I personally loved it. I don't understand the carebear take, because if you initiate anything, you have to actually fight and given how much people cry and moan about player drops and stuff as well, you would think a lot of people would be for it. Literally is the definition of encouraging a fight, it even backfired on me and got me killed with a bad body drop and I still love the feature.

I think they're just Mir purests at this stage...they want it as it was 15 years ago, no changes! Either that, or they want to be able to fight for peoples items, but also get out of fights they regret starting to save their own sorry arses lol.

It is what it is...people who don't wanna fight will always RT/TT anyway, and those who do, you have to commit to it or die trying to run...i think it was brilliant, some of the better fights of Mir I think.

But importantly, this is where YOUR balance is the most important. We did have occasional 1-2 tap situations, albeit with skill delays, if you timed it right you could easily destroy a sides entire fighting capability in the opening seconds...thats why the balance needs to be good enough out of the gate.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
But importantly, this is where YOUR balance is the most important. We did have occasional 1-2 tap situations, albeit with skill delays, if you timed it right you could easily destroy a sides entire fighting capability in the opening seconds...thats why the balance needs to be good enough out of the gate.

Pipe dream really, it's not feasible to have 1 owner alone covering balance not to mention it's not a dedicated online operation like Riot or MMO server's that are stable, there are going to be snags regardless of how skilled/careful a player is.

I believe in decent balance, you can call me Carebear, I've never been called that in my life and will advocate for PvP, competitive and denial systems all day but I'm not going to enjoy partaking in non guild war PvP when as soon as I turn brown as I'm reduced to simple running as a Tao with no mobility skill, LoL-like Flash or any form of emergency skills (long cooldown strong buffs/cc's).
We all know players isn't is the only thing, 1 ranged mob or more could turn on you, flinch you, apparently put a bleed stack on you, there's some ugly factors at play that don't equate to their being no decent mobility from the player.
Also ever thought of the possibilty as soon as you turn brown vs 1 guy his friends have luckily RT'd in at his location, rip!

RT's serve a purpose and they have to be in or for there to be more character mobility and emergency skills , I think it's fine to have DE and TT on some kind of LoL recall cast time instead of instant (and can be interupted), I would like that to add a more serious vibe to cave and dungeon progression.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I also think it too harsh to deny brown RT,DE&TT even if in any fight most likely I would not be in this position.

There is this feature already in game when you can't log out for some time if hit by a mob. How about applying it to those teleports.

If you go brown, your teleports would only work after certain time elapsed without you getting hit by a player, maybe including mobs hitting you too.

Timelegend

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 9, 2015
This server sounds very appealing to me and I really want to play it. But I have to ask something and apologies if this has been mentioned before (didn't read everything). I know every server must have a source of income. Are you planning to implement a Gameshop? If so, will it have Experience pots or scrolls and other game breaking items? I don't mind paying a monthly fee myself or to buy some cosmetic/non-game-breaking items. But if it's going to be another server which is "the one with the most money will have the best items", then I am afraid I am out.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
This server sounds very appealing to me and I really want to play it. But I have to ask something and apologies if this has been mentioned before (didn't read everything). I know every server must have a source of income. Are you planning to implement a Gameshop? If so, will it have Experience pots or scrolls and other game breaking items? I don't mind paying a monthly fee myself or to buy some cosmetic/non-game-breaking items. But if it's going to be another server which is "the one with the most money will have the best items", then I am afraid I am out.
I can't speak for him but most servers tend to run on consumables as that is a recurring use, problem with cosmetics is they are OTP.

As for non-game-breaking, what would you count these as?
I also think it too harsh to deny brown RT,DE&TT even if in any fight most likely I would not be in this position.

There is this feature already in game when you can't log out for some time if hit by a mob. How about applying it to those teleports.

If you go brown, your teleports would only work after certain time elapsed without you getting hit by a player, maybe including mobs hitting you too.
I'd say possibly have an inherent cooldown (so if you're brown your RT Cd = 20seconds) worst thing in pvp is seeing someone trying to fight just spamming RTs to harass you

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i wont remove the no rt/de/tt from browns, its not harsh its a punishment for trying to gank someone.

if you start a fight, you stay and finish it. its that simple.

also lover recall is disabled while brown, recallset disabled while brown.

and if your brown your rt/de/tt do become available after a certain time.... when your not brown :)

luckily for me im very stubborn (sometimes to my own detriment) but im sure pottsy will agree, if i think somethings good ill stick with it no matter what people say (the rt/de/tt while brown for example).

the log out feature while in combat is easily bypassed by logging into the same account. which i actually stopped, you can no longer relog your account to force log out, it just wont work :)

the other thing was the alt+f4 force shut down, i also stopped this by forcing your char to remain in game, so even if you alt+f4 your client will shut down, but your character will remain in game getting hit and will die, meaning when you next log in, your in town with no idea what you dropped untill you looked.

im all for a decent bit of fighting, im completely against grief pvp and went out of my way to stop it. so griefers beware :)

-----------

GameShop

those that know my servers know its not run to make money, its not a cashcow by any means.

you will NEVER but items from the gameshop like armours/weapons/accessories, i have had alot of messages asking to buy items and levels and i was once offered alot of money to level someone, dont waste your time, im not for breaking. i value my reputation alot more than i value quick cash.

i may have small exp potions (5/8/10%) and perhaps some hard torches... undecided atm tbh, possibly companion pets, maybe some card booster packs for the tripletriad game the server has. maybe some for of elite gathering tool, i dont know, the gameshops last on my list of jobs tbh.

BUT remeber that the "token" currency used in the gameshop is also earned in game just by playing, so ANYTHING can be bought from the gameshop without spending any money.

i did run a subscription base last time, that i felt was decent, the main reason was to stop people just being dicks in game, if your being a sub you have alot more to lose.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
im all for a decent bit of fighting, im completely against grief pvp and went out of my way to stop it. so griefers beware :)

I literally gave a good reason that was almost nothing to do with anything "grief" related of why denying RT's would be bad. Obviously if you can compensate for the loss with good mechanics and a clever idea then you can remove it but I don't see one.

Your perspective on grief is not the same as someone else's and what you're doing is not owning a server but playing God and Jury on it. There are good guys and Villain's, it's highly recommended to stay out of deciding how much of a bone each one of them get, Amazon's New World just recently got toasted for such a practice.

I could easily draw up a few scenerio's where the "honorable and just" player is inconvenienced by RT's not existing. I also need to say I'm not in favour of players holding 20+ RT's in their bag, quite simply in Mir's case it has always been a cheap solution to the games lack of skills and mechanics.

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
the other thing was the alt+f4 force shut down, i also stopped this by forcing your char to remain in game, so even if you alt+f4 your client will shut down, but your character will remain in game getting hit and will die, meaning when you next log in, your in town with no idea what you dropped untill you looked.

Looks good measures to me. This very much reminds me of euro days when the client lost connection and froze

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
finished the cleint side part of the spell bonuses (ignore the numbers its for testing)

1642152958267.png
1642152968150.png

currently looking to make all armour pieces(armour/belt/boots/helmet) have the ability to drop with spell bonuses on them. will more than likely cap the bonus amount they drop with but will allow them to be increased via armour levelling.
@WelshSteel whats your problem with the dislikes? have i missed something here?

Last edited:
Reactions: Eddez

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
@Sanjian that dislike on your latest post had a cheap purpose that has now been retracted, the rest are valid until I see a good reason to retract them.

I brought up key points on an important issue that have been ignored entirely and I've given my review, it's as simple as that.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
none of what ive said has been aimed at you directly, especially about grief play, it was just my interpretation of grief.

im confused by your post about key points?

i cant see ANY scenario where an "honourable and just" player goes brown.....

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Imposing a huge disadvantage on uncharacteristic behaviour is biased and I have given my review.

I have not be debated therefore the issue in my mind has not been properly solved.

DarkStar

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 15, 2003
i wont remove the no rt/de/tt from browns, its not harsh its a punishment for trying to gank someone.

if you start a fight, you stay and finish it. its that simple.

also lover recall is disabled while brown, recallset disabled while brown.
i remember people would bait to get people to hit them first so then once you've gone brown then they would @recall their lover and 2v1 you maybe you can stop recall when pvp engaged or something like that

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i remember people would bait to get people to hit them first so then once you've gone brown then they would @recall their lover and 2v1 you maybe you can stop recall when pvp engaged or something like that
there is never any scenario in which a player can accidentaly go brown, even if baited....

law of defence attack mode exists for exactly this reason.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
i cant see ANY scenario where an "honourable and just" player goes brown.....

I was asked by a buddy of mine to step outside SZ because he wanted to test some hits on me. He went brown and on your server he could be jumped on by others that were around. I guess in this case he could just make it back to SZ but anyway

I think I myself was fooled once to go brown, forgot how it went, but it happens.
Normally I always am on peace setting but there were times when I set it to hit all because of some sudden attacks when you get jumped by someone. I hunt solo btw. Then someone shows up, runs towards me and lets himself get hit by my CHM. When leveling for longer times, you can't stay on your toes all the times, sometimes I even watch tv.
My very first PK was I think still on euro, after some attacks I was on hit all mode and someone came too close to me and I one hit him, intentionally this time, then he was crying in pms that he just wanted to ask something... but why come up so close to me, pple are sometimes stupid in their innocence LOL

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I was asked by a buddy of mine to step outside SZ because he wanted to test some hits on me. He went brown and on your server he could be jumped on by others that were around.
its not just my server, on any server you can jump on anyones whos brown. that was the whole mechanic, it was a punishment free pk.

there are about 6 different attack modes i cant think of top of my head but there really is no excuse for going brown, if its an accident its your own fault for being on the wrong attack mode.

i cant be held responsible for player error :)

Reactions: justme3011