EuroReborn - The Highest Definition

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
They're referring to the fact everyone leaves themselves on Guild mode usually, and bait in the first hit so you can escape if you needed to.

But in group fights although it happened, it was largely useless...since you would end up hitting someone who hadn't yet attacked anyway lol.

1v1...yeh...i don't see how you can be baited...just control your mode properly.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
guild wars can be initiated directly form the guild page and dont need to be in a safezone :)

edit: i get what your saying though

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
if its an accident its your own fault for being on the wrong attack mode.

i cant be held responsible for player error :)

You do these things when you are mad and unexperienced and don't think it through. :D
There is a number of pple playing who positively dislike PvP style of gameplay and logically suck at it if they are pulled into it. Throwing in an idea, how about giving them an option to be completely excluded from PvP, don't receive damage and can't deal it out to players. Perhaps it could be made so it can't be exploited (others can pass through you so you can't block doors and maybe many other such exploits could be eliminated).

At bosses, you could still fight for the boss by luring, by joining in boss fight and who gets last hit, gets the drop. Those who were red in previous several months couldn't switch this carebear mode on, those who had been brown in the last month couldn't switch it on... and for those not with red or brown history, switching it on/off would have some longer cool down, maybe even a day or longer.

However I don't really care one way or another since what you do will be just on your server, it will not make it into base files, and I never got much anywhere on your servers, certainly not suffered from some griefing, so whatever you do is OK by me.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
@mir2pion maybe we can add an additional option to have complete exclusion from PvE, better yet perhaps we can add auto play as people are apparently desperate to play a genre that they, for some bizarre reason, need...but don't want to compete at all in.

MMO's, degraded to the largest "Co-Op" experience :rolleyes:

Edit - I'm not trying to be a dick or be against other peoples beliefs in what they feel is a good mmo experience nor do I feel I'm leaning towards top guilds or players dominating the space, I'm just trying to make people understand the bias here in regards to system creations.

@Sanjian denying aggressively inclined or uncharacteristic behaviour an important mechanic, in a game wear body drops can potentially cripple a player's strength and stature is a step too far. Have you been following Ashe's of Creation's progressive weakness debuff toward Pker's or their Bounty System that rewards players with tracking and killing players who are PK inclined? There are great number of things that can be done to not show a complete bias towards "all players can participate in x, no real work, player politics or other challenges to overcome" and if you feel that you can't create systems that are as ecompassing as AoC then limit the body drops to just bag drops and think of an alternative to how weapons/armors degrade and how crafting can be more appealing (Ultima Online is a great example of this).

I've made my point, no need to ban me from this thread/forum, last I feel like posting here legit.

Last edited:

LOMCN Leecher
Nov 1, 2021
i wont remove the no rt/de/tt from browns, its not harsh its a punishment for trying to gank someone.

if you start a fight, you stay and finish it. its that simple.

also lover recall is disabled while brown, recallset disabled while brown.

and if your brown your rt/de/tt do become available after a certain time.... when your not brown :)

luckily for me im very stubborn (sometimes to my own detriment) but im sure pottsy will agree, if i think somethings good ill stick with it no matter what people say (the rt/de/tt while brown for example).

the log out feature while in combat is easily bypassed by logging into the same account. which i actually stopped, you can no longer relog your account to force log out, it just wont work :)

the other thing was the alt+f4 force shut down, i also stopped this by forcing your char to remain in game, so even if you alt+f4 your client will shut down, but your character will remain in game getting hit and will die, meaning when you next log in, your in town with no idea what you dropped untill you looked.

im all for a decent bit of fighting, im completely against grief pvp and went out of my way to stop it. so griefers beware :)

-----------

GameShop

those that know my servers know its not run to make money, its not a cashcow by any means.

you will NEVER but items from the gameshop like armours/weapons/accessories, i have had alot of messages asking to buy items and levels and i was once offered alot of money to level someone, dont waste your time, im not for breaking. i value my reputation alot more than i value quick cash.

i may have small exp potions (5/8/10%) and perhaps some hard torches... undecided atm tbh, possibly companion pets, maybe some card booster packs for the tripletriad game the server has. maybe some for of elite gathering tool, i dont know, the gameshops last on my list of jobs tbh.

BUT remeber that the "token" currency used in the gameshop is also earned in game just by playing, so ANYTHING can be bought from the gameshop without spending any money.

i did run a subscription base last time, that i felt was decent, the main reason was to stop people just being dicks in game, if your being a sub you have alot more to lose.
I like this idea (no rt/de/tt when brown), it's 2022, ppl should be more civilized, dick players should be removed. :alien:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Should have it, if you commit a murder then you cant use rt/tt etc for x amount of time. just for being brown is just silly.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Should have it, if you commit a murder then you cant use rt/tt etc for x amount of time. just for being brown is just silly.
ill never please everyone and i dont intend too.

but ill stick with a review of someone whos experienced it

1642263691743.png

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Oh I wouldn't do that :P You get backlash just because I agree with you.

Although it was your fault for bringing this idea out, I don't think anyone did anything with the normal PK system, it wasn't until we had some really fun fights that we fully saw the approach.

People just need to try it.

Reactions: Pusha and Sanjian

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
There’s such a fine line between keeping the original nostalgia and simplicity of Mir2, and making it feel like a really new updated game.

Never going to please everybody but I think as long as features are fair, balanced and well thought out, most players can (in time)😂 accept them.

Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
finished work on the rng for spells appearing on armours/helmets/boots/belts

also added some auto suffixes to the item so you can quickly see whats going on with drops

1642504435983.png
1642504448576.png
1642504574596.png
1642504592744.png

the rarety of the item also increases just how much you can get added, with higher rareties getting a bigger bonus

1642504643816.png
1642504673025.png

edit: also coloured the spells name for the classes

1642504758789.png
oh also stats will stack so trying to collect a set will take time, but its possible

1642505110128.png

Last edited:

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
finished work on the rng for spells appearing on armours/helmets/boots/belts

also added some auto suffixes to the item so you can quickly see whats going on with drops

View attachment 26967
View attachment 26968
View attachment 26969
View attachment 26970

the rarety of the item also increases just how much you can get added, with higher rareties getting a bigger bonus

View attachment 26971
View attachment 26972

edit: also coloured the spells name for the classes

View attachment 26973
oh also stats will stack so trying to collect a set will take time, but its possible

View attachment 26975
This is such a good idea compared to the shard system, I find it to be so broken a lot of the time.

Last edited:

2dang3rous

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2004

Sanjian - I'm a huge fan of your version of mir2, keeping it original with 3 classes.

but this im not a fan of this affects every class to the point where one skill will outweigh other skills due to the nature of the game, tampering with this in conjunction to new additional items that are already implemented means this turns more into a solo game.

i don't wish to imagine a sabuk war (just one element of the game this affects) where wizards are the most viable due to just laying fwall with full firewall item rng drops from cloth armor thats been orbed up).

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex

Sanjian - I'm a huge fan of your version of mir2, keeping it original with 3 classes.

but this im not a fan of this affects every class to the point where one skill will outweigh other skills due to the nature of the game, tampering with this in conjunction to new additional items that are already implemented means this turns more into a solo game.

i don't wish to imagine a sabuk war (just one element of the game this affects) where wizards are the most viable due to just laying fwall with full firewall item rng drops from cloth armor thats been orbed up).
its situational, if your doing sabukwall (which doesnt use the same mechanics as the original) but for example lets say its all wizards with firewall orbed up to increase the damage.

then you as an attacker go in with your max agil gear so you can MISS the spells which makes firewall do hardly any damage?

the whole point is that everything you choose to collect is situational, if im a solo tao ill collect my +damage to summonskele/shinsu/deva/sfb..

but if im looking to play in guild runs ill wear my +healing gear... if im pvping ill look for some +poisoning damage perhaps...

if im a grinding out mobs ill choose maybe +firewall for damage against alot of mobs, if im bossing ill go with my +tbolt damage items..

not to mention how rare it will become to really collect and keep decent gear.

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England

I think he mentioned before that most of the additional effects will be PvE only (not 100% sure though)

2dang3rous

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2004
so i must grind agility gear as a warrior and orb that up for sabuk fights with decent enough stats to get close to a wizard who may also have **** ton of ac aswell potentially from just the basic high level stats of items?

then what stops them from missing every other ability apart from aoe? or does agility only affect aoe spells only?
If you are a taoist does that mean your + shinsu items are pretty useless too as that does aoe damage but deva will be a single hit spell so that will 100% land all the time?
the last server did not lose interest because of the uniqueness of it.

it lost interest because;
rested bonus was affected from reboots
changes of items were made while the server was live and people invested time and effort for it to be reduced. some felt their class was useless.
exploits

this just adds another layer of complexity that in my opinion doesn't need.

Reactions: Purity

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
if a wizard has to grind spell gear, why shouldnt you have to grind agil gear?

shinsu/deva are not player cast spells so dont have the acc/agil mechanic so wont miss unless the amc check fails.

nothing is stopping you stacking flamingsword and just 1 hitting someone either.

your creating an imbalance by giving unbalanced scenarios.

the idea is that you can choose to stack if you wish too, but doing so isnt as easy as your making out.

all player cast spells roll acc/agility in pvp regardless of aoe or single target
the introduction of the complexity that you mention is to produce a sense of longevity which will be required to obtain a full set of fw damage gear
also coded into the server is the hard saving of buffs, no player will ever lose a buff due to a crash or reboot

Last edited: