EuroReborn - The Highest Definition

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
That adventure log is pretty much identical to Lost Ark (probably many other mmo's too i expect).

I love it, would be awesome for something that detailed to be in main files.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i coded it to match the questing pretty much far, well i started looking at the quests and went from there.

a few differences ofc but its account based, can easily switch to char based if wanted.

the only issue, not really an issue but quests are char based, plus you could completed a quest thats needed in the log before you accept the log, so a few checks are done when you unlock a log, scans all quests and all chars and compares to ones the logs use then marks them complete if they match, but the logs themselves are actuall done in a flat file

1647434906648.png

reads the same as quests but i use an exact match and not a part match on mobs names, as a quest to kill omafighters would complete when killing omas because the oma is contained in omafighter

Reactions: Jev

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
@Sanjian Someone has been playing Lost Ark i see :p its really nice you have bought that stuff over to mir adds a whole lot more to do than camp boss's on a rotation, server looks like its going to be a lot of fun im looking to scratch that mir itch again soon so i hope your planning a release this year some time !!

Reactions: Sanjian

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
AdventureLog Completed

i have finally finished all the work on the AdventureLogs for the client and server.

i changed a few designs and ideas but this is what im going with.

main screen will quickly show which logs you own (which are unlocked via a simple quest in that province)

bichonprovince is easily unlocked for new players and every log is account based so you can do the progress on any of your chars.

View attachment 27300

on the main screen you will see the total completetion of ALL available logs, in the image above ive hovered over bichonprovince which will quickly show you that regions progress.

because atm ive only completed 2 logs server side the server only loads the 2 logs so even though ive done 44% of BP and i dont have serpentvalley, my total completetion is only 22%.

this will change ofc once ive completed more quests and filled in the logs

on the left you can click the locations you want more information on

View attachment 27301

this is bichonprovinces WIP log.

EVERY single item on the page is worth 4% completion.

ive collected a collection of maps which completed 4 of them. and also found and completed 5 hidden quests.

also killed all the scarecrows i needed and collected all the items on the right

ive also claimed 2 rewards already

completing bits of an adventurelog will tell you when done

View attachment 27302

View attachment 27303

adventurelog items drop from mobs in the province and just right click them to add them to your log.

View attachment 27304

once youve collected enough you cant use anymore so stick them on the TM!

View attachment 27306

lastly, once you reach a % threshold for a reward it will become unlocked for you and you can CLAIM it

rewards unlock at 20,40,60,80 and 100%

View attachment 27307

rewards are claimed in order so if i was at 60% and had not unlocked the first 2 items it would give you those first.

also even though adventurelogs are account bound, the rewards can only be claimed once, so make sure you choose the right char you want the item on, some items could be impossible to store or pass to other chars.

View attachment 27308

if you have enough space and it wont put you overweight you can obtain the reward

View attachment 27309

and this is then reflected on the screen

View attachment 27310

lastly im really pleased with how this turned out and the images you see (mobs/items/bosses/rewards) could well change before the server goes live.

but goodluck to those looking to max out the adventurelog!
This looks amazing, well done.

Now all i need is somone to bring this to mir 3 ;)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
You should make the rewards for useful :D

Lost Ark benefits from being able to give stats (Which works to everyones and alts advantages, and over time makes life a lot easier)...you can't really do this in Mir, short of making everyone over powered as fk, unless you made mobs more powerful almost forcing everyone to participate, as if you don't you can't do **** lol...which is fine for me cause i'm a little completionist fool (Almost 75% of the Mokoko Seeds collected!).

But maybe the rewards should be more "functional" as oppose to actual rewards. Such as free teleports to the KR of caves or just entrances even. In your case, you actually have an advantage, you could boost your crafting stuff as well. Free teleports...Boss map icon displays...If you give some good ones, then you also have the right to make it hard as fk to reach 100% completion.

Items like single Gems? Yeh...no one will bother :D especially if it takes ages.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
oh the rewards are not set, they were just in the file for testing.

the 20% reward was a towntele for example lol

i also agree the rewards should be alot better, but i hadent decided what rewards for which province.

i was topying with some of the harder areas 40+ actually having the lvl 40 weapon as 100% reward, mainly because the time it takes to complete would be long and hard but the reward is also something worth having, but not so much that everyone wil be able to obtain right away

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Must admit, I was itching for a Mir fix.
I didn't think Mir would do it for me anymore, as the last bunch of servers I played was just the same old...

But this Adventure log is tickling my fancy
Get on it

Slayer1985

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2014
no one wants a DSS unless they complete 100% of zuma/st/bc and mongchon province :)))

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Must admit, I was itching for a Mir fix.
I didn't think Mir would do it for me anymore, as the last bunch of servers I played was just the same old...

But this Adventure log is tickling my fancy
Get on it

Yup, this one is likely my last ride of Mir lol, I think we've reached the point of no return...same people, recycling the same rubbish, with the same under table deals, it's run dry.

Maybe Sanj's HD qualities and stuff might take off and people will have the same step forward? But I doubt it...that would require changing the downloadable source, because none of the copy/pasters do anything other than download and run them.

Reactions: Eddez and mistodon

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
@Sanjian great work everything looks super amazing and I think this may be the server that will breathe abit of fresh air back into Mir, your ideas are just beyond anything my imagination could conjur up lol.

Anymore sneaky peeks of WIP? 😉

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
im defo giving this a bash looks more advanced and creative , goodluck @Sanjian any ETA planned dude?
And me mate, I've got the Mir bug really bad at the min but I'm not interested in any of the servers that are open right now.

@Sanjian take your time get it right, BUT ALSO PLEASE MAKE IT QUICK :ROFLMAO:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
when i decided to add the adventurelog in i knew it would delay me and it has done, but just know i work on this every day,

sometimes for an hour, sometimes for 4.

i have a to do list and im making my way through it

for those not in the discord, the most recent things are:

the new satyr dungeon added to ginko
1649320124311.png

moved quest tracking to under minimap and reworked a few behind the scenes bits, plus increasing tracking limit to 7 up from 5
1649320203724.png

designed a new character dura information panel and altered how it displays things
1649320244830.png

new buff icons and buff dialog design
1649320294947.png

and lastly ive been working on my gathering professions and getting them in game. i also decided to add some gathering bars because i liked how lost ark had some
1649320340038.png
1649320355293.png

still a lot to do thought tbh, and now kids off for 2 weeks on easter holiday doesnt help >.<

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
when i decided to add the adventurelog in i knew it would delay me and it has done, but just know i work on this every day,

sometimes for an hour, sometimes for 4.

i have a to do list and im making my way through it

for those not in the discord, the most recent things are:

the new satyr dungeon added to ginko
View attachment 27453

moved quest tracking to under minimap and reworked a few behind the scenes bits, plus increasing tracking limit to 7 up from 5
View attachment 27454

designed a new character dura information panel and altered how it displays things
View attachment 27455

new buff icons and buff dialog design
View attachment 27456

and lastly ive been working on my gathering professions and getting them in game. i also decided to add some gathering bars because i liked how lost ark had some
View attachment 27457
View attachment 27458

still a lot to do thought tbh, and now kids off for 2 weeks on easter holiday doesnt help >.<
I like the definition of the graphics. Beautiful.

Do keep this up when you have time. I need a good mir server :)