Nostalgia Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
All great times.
But people don't want it anymore, as much as they say they do.
One problem is your right in respect ppl already know everything, and don’t find the early days of a Ruby ring dropping an achievement anymore.

Paid lvlers make your account max lvl in a week and then ask for updates on discord to keep there wallet going
I believe in you!

I like your attitude.

Just on a par with playing the 90s shooters like Doom and Quake on a console, when back in the 90s you had them on PC :)
Dooooom, what a classic game 👍🏻

• Love
Reactions: Omnibus

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
LoL I bet ppl would love to see a server with all the bits and bobs and started exp1 I think euro reborn will do that

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
Forgot how long these things take lol.
Euro maps done.
Euro map movement done.
Euro Mongen almost done.
Majority of this server will be euro spec. But also will have lots of old school additions (but not ott)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcmulhern3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 14, 2009
Would love an old school Mir.
3 classes, no hero’s, no shiny armours or over sized weapons.

Just can’t be arsed with the levelling.

Everyone was lvl45ish anyway just start at that level and keep it simple.

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Would love an old school Mir.
3 classes, no hero’s, no shiny armours or over sized weapons.

Just can’t be arsed with the levelling.

Everyone was lvl45ish anyway just start at that level and keep it simple.
This is my exact passion.

When I got a 44 tao on Euro I couldn't be bothered with levelling so I started getting a warrior to 40 plus.

marcmulhern3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 14, 2009
This is my exact passion.

When I got a 44 tao on Euro I couldn't be bothered with levelling so I started getting a warrior to 40 plus.
If euro was still up most of us would still play, even if no new content was added.

Nothing beats a quick bdd run!

Everyone wants a Euro clone we just don’t have time for the levelling.

Mir is fun because of the way pvp/pk/competition works not because of boss AI or graphics.
I see some amazing work people are putting into creating servers but I do wonder if it’s worth the time investment because who really cares about crafting/fishing etc on a private server?

I think we should take inspiration from path of exile and have Server/Leagues that only last a limited time.

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
If euro was still up most of us would still play, even if no new content was added.

Nothing beats a quick bdd run!

Everyone wants a Euro clone we just don’t have time for the levelling.

Mir is fun because of the way pvp/pk/competition works not because of boss AI or graphics.
I see some amazing work people are putting into creating servers but I do wonder if it’s worth the time investment because who really cares about crafting/fishing etc on a private server?

I think we should take inspiration from path of exile and have Server/Leagues that only last a limited time.
I am interested in how to create a mir server. I'd like to experiment.

I would do it just like the original Euro but would be adding in Events and adding in new islands as my idea.

There's a lot of places you can get inspiration from.

Mazza

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 30, 2013
its the "having fun" in group play that makes the difference. Not many could solo bosses until players outlevelled content back on original. Remember there were no updates. There is a difference between a good fight, pvp amd being jumped by a sin u didnt even see til too late (pk). Make it so there are group leveling caves. Even time limited instances notmorethan 4hours a day. Dont glorify pk. No pk reduction scrolls and red players have 3-% hp and defence reduction

Guccci

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
PK is the single best thing about Mir. Why would you not want to glorify it?

Mazza

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 30, 2013
PK is 1v1 often a player rushed or attacked without warning. A good fight was when groups attacked each other in BDD or for a boss teamwork tactics and co operation mattered. Pk was not so popular in original mir until it became easy to sell items to make real life money. Then there were all the "tweaks". Pk became the way to play when mir changed from being a group game to a first person shooter.

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Dont glorify pk.

Nick Young Wtf GIF

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
The problem with "PK" when people want it, they usually mean they want to 2 shot someone for their kit.

There is nothing wrong with a good brawl over bosses n stuff, as long as people aren't dropping in single hits.

Reactions: brcarter1

Thogan

Banned
Banned
Jun 16, 2023
Everyone wants "OG Mir"

Lasts only a couple of weeks until the player base burn through the content and want more.
If it's too slow levelling players lose interest.
If drops are low they complain.

Some of us don't have the spare time like we used to, so grinding away for days at level26 is not fun.
Getting a big group together to kill make your way to ZT KR and kill the boss for it to drop a bene isn't fun anymore.
This is the sum of it, old euro sounds fun on paper but it isn't. People will get bored within a week or two really.

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
So. Been out for a while. Flat out with work and family. Files were put on hold. Now I’m back at it. Unfortunately I over wrote edited server files so starting from start.
Currently working in tidying server files. Maps almost done. Checked 99% of doors and a couple not working but some are fixed. Only few doors to fix.

Next to do are mob spawns. I will update original pair with progress

Reactions: ventus and Jev

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
Decided to try to add ledu maps to server. Can’t seem to get it working. Will have to find a workaround if there is one.
Post automatically merged:

What’s your guys opinions. Archer and assassin class in or out. I’m considering taking out for now.