Dec 6, 2006
Fml. When I get time (hopefully Friday) I’ll setup an ftp for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NoLife999

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
Id love the original ragezone ledu if anyone had it kicking around.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
That works. (y)

Would be nice is someone here made a step-by-step idiot guide for these files, maybe also provide full client for it. In past I played with these types of files (that require the separate numerous programs to run) but never made it to log into the game. I remember a release that included a batch file which automatically started all needed files for you but don't remember I had success even with that.

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
That works. (y)

Would be nice is someone here made a step-by-step idiot guide for these files, maybe also provide full client for it. In past I played with these types of files (that require the separate numerous programs to run) but never made it to log into the game. I remember a release that included a batch file which automatically started all needed files for you but don't remember I had success even with that.

Client is also available under Mir files. Go to clients section and choose ragezone 2.3. Exact same.

As for a guide. I’m 99.9% sure those files have a guide in it already. Think it’s under the to do list or something. As for batch file to run. I’m also 99% sure td files was only mirserver like crystal. Then client to connect. Will know better after I get my assignment handed in tomorrow and I get time to look at files

And I’d guide isn’t there. Search these forums. Or search posts by me via my profile I’m pretty sure I posted loads of info when they first came out. And helped loads of people back then too

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
As for batch file to run. I’m also 99% sure td files was only mirserver like crystal.

This upload has all those 'Gates' that need to run, probably launched in certain order, not sure if these are td files but likely yes as there is a mention of td in the readme.
1669160509416.png

Actually there is this 'Server starter' folder, maybe these are the files I once tried to run, probably wasn't started by a batch file but by this server launcher, don't remember as that was some years ago.
1669161394715.png

BTW I never played that server which so many folks around here pine for, must have run soon after the official euro closed doors or maybe even in parallel with it in its last years? Yes there is a guide in 'pls read txt' but that's for accomplished mirheads around here :D
Thx for the tip for the client files. (y)

Last edited:

Version 1.3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 10, 2005
there are a few guides in the "Legend of Mir II Downloads & Guides" Section for 2.3 files. I don't know about getting it running on Windows 10 - as i've never successfully installed SQL 2005 on Windows 10.
Last time I setup a 2.3 server was on a Virtual Machine Running Windows XP.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
WinXP, I totally forgot it won't run on win10. I have win7 VM around, would that be OK or does it need to be XP?

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
I’m pretty sure I ran all mine on windows 7. Don’t think I used windows server.
Saying that, coulda been xp. BUT I love 7 I’m still running it, so that’s what makes me think it was.
I hate windows 8+

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
Anyone got the starlight files and client available ?

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
Anyone got the starlight files and client available ?

think a lot off the old files was all lost when the old mega upload was closed down think your best bet to get them files now will be if some one has them stored away on usb or a old HDD

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
Yeah that ruined a lot. I know they were on senture site. Hopefully tai or jev or milo may have a copy lying around.

Did td ever release his source