How much do you charge for change engine oil message?

smoochy boys on tour

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
We say tires here :D
You can only change them if you have full wheels to change. And the jack that came with the vehicle is plenty good for that, you don't need to climb under the vehicle when you changing wheels. Just engage foot brake or put a block on the other wheels when taking one off.

Eric asked about oil brand to see if the cost of oil change was appropriate.

• Haha
Reactions: Omnibus

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
Changing Tyres yourself is not really something i would recomend you do yourself (Or do you mean changing the wheels? ) Changing the wheels (rims) is really easy just make sure you use the correct jack points.

As mir2pion said always put a block or a brick of some sort behind the wheel to prevevent it from rolling and falling off the jack. Depending on the age of your car there are normally lots of little jobs you can do yourself. (The new cars are a bit of a nightmare to work with as far to much relying on electronics nowadays)

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Changing Tyres yourself is not really something i would recomend you do yourself (Or do you mean changing the wheels? ) Changing the wheels (rims) is really easy just make sure you use the correct jack points.

As mir2pion said always put a block or a brick of some sort behind the wheel to prevevent it from rolling and falling off the jack. Depending on the age of your car there are normally lots of little jobs you can do yourself. (The new cars are a bit of a nightmare to work with as far to much relying on electronics nowadays)
I can glance around Halfords page for some of these things :)

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
There is one thing about having wheels changed in a garage, they use pneumatic wrenches and that practically welds the nuts on bolts. Next time I needed to change a wheel, I had a big problem loosening the nuts with a classic wrench. Ever since then, whenever I needed to have garage to do the job, I asked them to undo the bolts and tightened them myself. But mostly you don't get this opportunity but you can ask to not tighten nuts too much.

Maybe some garages use more forgiving torque setting on their wrenches but even then, very likely if you are not in prime of your strength with good mechanical aptitude (how you hold the wrench), you may be stuck on road and need to call a tow truck (to loosen the nuts LOL).

Loosening a wheel nut was a theme in one of the Big Bang Theory episode :LOL:

Reactions: CraZyEriK