Whats up.

smoochy boys on tour

Abdozaki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2013
Idek?
that looks pretty cool.
whats so amazing about the ziron files that you'd go through all that trouble though?
before people jump on me for asking that question, i've clearly never played the files so have no idea, hence asking.
Also mir2 interfaces would make it better if mir3 files will match with it.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
ye exactly.
my understanding was crystal files were pretty stable and good these days?
besides i won't be using public source anyway, i'll use my own source

changing the whole ziron source to work as mir2 seems like a lot of work.
if that is the best option, perhaps everyone should ditch development of crystal and just work on full conversion of zircon to mir2?

Post automatically merged:

better client
better how though?
can anyone be more descriptive with "smoother" - as crystal files are nice and smooth?

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Crystal is ****, unless you got years of your own version of crystal then yes - keep crystal.

Look at Apocalypse for example, they had lots of bugs, lots of crashes and issues.

Zircon is a nice base to start with, the database feels a bit hard to add new things into it but in rest of that, Zircon is cleaner, better on all chapters than Crystal.

IF some one would start work on a mir2 using Zircon source, would be way better than what Marble was. (and we know what a carrot Marble is for some users of this forums.)

Reactions: KillerMan

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Crystal is ****, unless you got years of your own version of crystal then yes - keep crystal.

Look at Apocalypse for example, they had lots of bugs, lots of crashes and issues.

Zircon is a nice base to start with, the database feels a bit hard to add new things into it but in rest of that, Zircon is cleaner, better on all chapters than Crystal.

IF some one would start work on a mir2 using Zircon source, would be way better than what Marble was. (and we know what a carrot Marble is for some users of this forums.)

If you think Zircon modded into Mir2 would be better than Marble files you're retarded.

Marble files were literally perfect Mir2 files, Jamie really should of released them along with Zircon. If that was the case the UC display would look much different trust me.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
be interested to understand why Zircon are technically so much better and how the engine differs from crystal etc.
I'll probably download the zircon files and have a play about

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
If you think Zircon modded into Mir2 would be better than Marble files you're retarded.

Marble files were literally perfect Mir2 files, Jamie really should of released them along with Zircon. If that was the case the UC display would look much different trust me.

I would waste 2 weeks of my life to show you the contrary but i guess i will let the natural selection to take care of retards like you.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I would waste 2 weeks of my life to show you the contrary but i guess i will let the natural selection to take care of retards like you.

You can't show anybody anything, you mean you'll message DJ and get him todo it right?

You're an moron if you think Zircon files would work better for a Mir2 server than Marble.. You are so lost, stick to Mir3.

You slagged on Zircon files for 14 months straight, then gave up on your 2 year project in a snap of a finger asoon as Jamie Released, You botted 30 viewers on your old server to the point you got taken off the UC list :) Loser.

Zenx really doing that bad you can't pay 5£ to show your UC? Wow Wrecked by Skibadee a dude with no coding ability. Jheeeeeeeeze
Post automatically merged:

be interested to understand why Zircon are technically so much better and how the engine differs from crystal etc.
I'll probably download the zircon files and have a play about

It's really not, don't know where people are getting this from. You can just change the Movement in code like Valkyrie /Aesir Mir have done and it feels just as smooth if not smoother than Zircon files. People are just chatting **** as always, the amount of time you'd spend on Zircon added all Mir2 maps / Items / Skills / Npc Etc etc etc, you could make Crystal files stable 1000X over.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
It's really not, don't know where people are getting this from. You can just change the Movement in code like Valkyrie /Aesir Mir have done and it feels just as smooth if not smoother than Zircon files. People are just chatting **** as always, the amount of time you'd spend on Zircon added all Mir2 maps / Items / Skills / Npc Etc etc etc, you could make Crystal files stable 1000X over.
how have walkyrie / aesir mir changed the movement code exactly? whats different?
maybe i should download aesir to experience it

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I think most of you misunderstand, the difference is, Crystal is built with standard DX SDK whereas Zircon is built with SlimDX (both literally the same thing however, SlimDX is more upto date), the reason Zircon client is better is it is smoother (I don't mean movement and so on, I mean the engine)
What should have been done in Crystal is done in Zircon.

In terms of changes with movement, it's more along the lines of getting it close to how PvP once was before Crystal files.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I think most of you misunderstand, the difference is, Crystal is built with standard DX SDK whereas Zircon is built with SlimDX (both literally the same thing however, SlimDX is more upto date), the reason Zircon client is better is it is smoother (I don't mean movement and so on, I mean the engine)
What should have been done in Crystal is done in Zircon.

In terms of changes with movement, it's more along the lines of getting it close to how PvP once was before Crystal files.
i just logged into aesir mir and i cant see any different from my 5hero files (aka crystal).

whats involved with moving from DX SDK to SlimDX?
I'm assuming its some massive job which is why no ones done it?

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
i just logged into aesir mir and i cant see any different from my 5hero files (aka crystal).

whats involved with moving from DX SDK to SlimDX?
I'm assuming its some massive job which is why no ones done it?

It's not a short task but also not impossible, would it be worth the effort? only you can answer that one, you could use zircon as a bases to re-write the crystal client while keeping the 'mir2 feel'.

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
Someone supposedly started converting crystal files to SlimDX but whenever they were asked how far they got or to release up to the point they got to it went quiet....

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Aesir didn't have it as nice as Valkyrie but turning movement is much sharper for luring, go onto Aesir and spin around on the spot, you can lure in much tighter spots and its much more responsive but @LOMValkyrie had the movement completely different to point it felt like like 2.3, you could pvp on Melee and actually Avoid being hit if you was running in and out fast.

Honestly think the amount of time you'd spend converting all Mir2 stuff into Zircon files you could make something very special on Crystal files, if i had some ££ to chuck at a base server i'd contact Jamie and see if he'd sell Marble to use as a base, everything on there was clean as ****, down to every detail casting spells was so smooth there was no fat init at all, really wish @Bon you could of witnessed Marble it was a piece of Art, Shame Jamie's crazy idea's killed it.

@Bon Another idea if you was thinking of rebuilding the Zircon source, i would get hold of @Easymode if hes still around, pretty sure he was going to convert the files to Mir2 and release the source publicly to LOMCN anyways so maybe he'd pass his work over to you to finish it off if hes gave up on the Project, he did a fair amount from what i can remember.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Well no point wishing for a pipe dream like Jamie releasing Marble files, as doesn't sound like that'll happen.
Strange he released Zircon though, and not Marble as well.

Valkyrie isnt online any more is it? wonder if he'd share what exactly he done to make it so "amazing "

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Well no point wishing for a pipe dream like Jamie releasing Marble files, as doesn't sound like that'll happen.
Strange he released Zircon though, and not Marble as well.

Valkyrie isnt online any more is it? wonder if he'd share what exactly he done to make it so "amazing "
rumors have it, Jamie might be remaking a mir2 server.