Aesir Mir [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

AesirMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 2, 2019
Can you tame pets on this server?
Yes :)

There’s an option to re roll your class at a ££ certain lvl I think. So not all may be lost if u are unhappy with your choice.

Although if u choose wiz u may only re roll to a sub class of wiz I think, not sure on that last bit, can’t remember what was said exactly.

and there’s a tonne load of unique spells a list here on advert would be great.
Yup, you can reroll within your archetype so for example a wizard could reroll to a magus or cryomancer but not to a taoist or warrior or any of their sub types

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
Why is there no direct download for the client? I don't want to wait hours for the autopatcher to slowly download each file
Post automatically merged:

Just felt like another clone, gl with server

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePacifier

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
I've noticed exp got randomly changed after people had used it to gain a lot of levels, myself included. I actually find this very unfair on the players who didn't get to make use of the places that had great exp for the difficulty.

On top of that, the pets for Cleric and Paladin are far too strong. At max level they can be abused to take down very hard bosses, no one should be killing yet.

Did anyone actually test the balance of the server and report anything to you, or was it the same people who just find the best places to level and use it when it goes live?

I feel you went live too early, it's pretty enjoyable but personally I don't think it was ready to be launched. I would suggest calling what you have another beta, and wipe it when you iron out all the minor problems which ruins what could be a great server.

Good luck whatever you decide :)

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
Yup, before i went to bed i'm pretty sure awt gave alot of exp and woke up to find its now in line with the other caves. Also i've noticed all the custom classes have custom items + a free class ring so playing default class feels a bit bad. Also there's items for the custom classes 16 gear but i couldnt find any for normal classes.

PotatoxD

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 13, 2019
Server is extremely unbalanced for the original class. There is no point playing warrior/tao/wizard. You can check discord to see some pictures of the differences in gears or just look at the crafting npc in BW to get an idea. Lower level requirement for subclass with better stats. I had 20 sc, with +4 sc above original gear meant for taoist. A cleric 3 levels lower has almost double my SC with just no added stats cleric gear. The SoulScimitar for cleric alone has better SC (2-4), available at lvl 16, while serpent sword is sc1-3 at lvl 26 is an example.

Another example: Taoist pets get mobbed by 5 woomas and died. Paladin's pet tanked WT + 8 mobs and totally fine. And Paladin gets 3 of them.

Really love the idea and the server, but need some major rebalancing (or just removal of the original class).

P.S. I do notice the legendary gear that is meant for all classes, but until you get that item or late enough level where that's the end game item, then things might balance out. Until then you are stuck leveling with a wooden sword and subpar gears while subclass get starting rings that scales with level and "set" drops that are way better in stats and available at a much earlier level.

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
Server is good and i am actually enjoying myself. But i agree with potato. Why do the sub classes get their own starter ring and dedicated gear which is better than the usual gear that the origional classes have to use? Is this an oversight or as intended?

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
Lol I said this in the beta, was a good idea but GL balancing 9? classes. I would also choose the wizard with the higher damage all the time as well, seems pointless. Didn't like having to type commands to learn skills either.

I deleted it after I played until level 8 and I seen nothing different, 30 npcs in bw safezone etc, get me out.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Balancing classes will always be tough, but it is possible to do. However with the majority of the community, they won't ever admit if their class is far too strong compared to another.

Paladins pets are completely broken and Clerics to an extent, although they have 1 less pet. I haven't seen a single thing changed with them since launch.

Once you get the balance sorted, I would suggest wiping the server and starting again. In its current state, no one is going to stick around sadly.

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
Yup agree with the above, still no change log about ninja nerfing the exp in caves Ancient Wooma Temple is one that was nerfed

Edit: IMO the 3 base classes should be removed, the spells they have that were unique to them should be split to the other 2 sub-classes

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Why are you not paying 5£ to display UserCount? Really think it would help attract more players, also it doesn't even say ingame how manys playing. I'm intrigued to see how many are on, it seems pretty healthy.

AesirMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 2, 2019
Why are you not paying 5£ to display UserCount? Really think it would help attract more players, also it doesn't even say ingame how manys playing. I'm intrigued to see how many are on, it seems pretty healthy.

Didn't realise you had to pay for that, yeah UC is healthy, 50 online at the moment.
Change log has been added in the discord(I'll only be adding large updates on the changelog as im tweaking alot of things and dont want to bog myself down in documentation.)

Server is good and i am actually enjoying myself. But i agree with potato. Why do the sub classes get their own starter ring and dedicated gear which is better than the usual gear that the origional classes have to use? Is this an oversight or as intended?

Kinda of intended, I didn't think any one would even want to play the original three classes they've been playing for like 20 years and eventually totally forgot to add class rings for them, they're on the "fix it" list.

PotatoxD

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 13, 2019
Kinda of intended, I didn't think any one would even want to play the original three classes they've been playing for like 20 years and eventually totally forgot to add class rings for them, they're on the "fix it" list.

Thank you for being straight forward. I just like the original class as a mean of competing with the other 2, but it seems like the server is leaning toward the subclasses being better.

It was fun for the last 2 days. I'll check back when things are more balanced. Good luck on your server :)

Edit: Just want to say I love the idea of subclasses :)

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
GM - my 2 pennies...

NERFING/BUFFING
Listening to these early cries about classes being overpowered at lvl20s and then nerfing there QOL is only going to cause ppl to be unhappy.

(Example paladins pets getting nerfed 3 times already, anymore of that and the class is going to be over nerfed)

These pets are max lvl at around lvl28 and hit for 20s, do you really think a lvl45 Barbarian with over 100DC is gonna give a toss about these critters that will probably miss anyways. When he’s 1 Hit bopping u.

If you as a player feel you are underpowered then ask for a QOL buff to help you with your lvling not **** others over to the point where both become underpowered. “No logic”

If indeed the pets are soloing bosses to early then just make bosses hit all pets harder.

BALANCING
Again rebalancing when most ppl on the server are under lvl30 is ludicrous.

My advice is now the UC is much healthier than BETA create an NPC in SZ and activate it once a day to teleport whoever to an arena with a nice kit lvl40-45 where everyone can beat the hell out of each other in front of u.

This will give you a chance to see what needs balancing without potentially screwing it up doing it to low down the food chain.

Also giving you a chance to showcase your items that are to come.

Also giving everyone to see what there class is going to feel like later on, and if there cries now are somewhat foolish.

CORE CLASSES
Add a ring for these classes ASAP as this is one cry I agree with, totally unfair and a lot easier to implement than wiping these 3 classes and having to re allocate there spells.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
From a GM perspective, any changes, once made live, you should announce them, a) because if you don't announce the small changes, they slowly build up making a big difference, and people also can see you are actively working on the game still.

You might have made 50+ small changes in the background, but if people only see you nerfing things they will get their backs up.

Also with regards to changing EXP in areas after people have already taken advantage of it, is haunting, I think it's better to just manage other areas to make them also worth while to hunt in, (unless it was THAT broken, then why wasn't it flagged in BETA)

Reactions: deano13 and Satchmo

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
From a GM perspective, any changes, once made live, you should announce them, a) because if you don't announce the small changes, they slowly build up making a big difference, and people also can see you are actively working on the game still.

You might have made 50+ small changes in the background, but if people only see you nerfing things they will get their backs up.

Also with regards to changing EXP in areas after people have already taken advantage of it, is haunting, I think it's better to just manage other areas to make them also worth while to hunt in, (unless it was THAT broken, then why wasn't it flagged in BETA)

This here my friends. Nice that a gm/someone known points it out (imo it carries weight)

Didn't realise you had to pay for that, yeah UC is healthy, 50 online at the moment.
Change log has been added in the discord(I'll only be adding large updates on the changelog as im tweaking alot of things and dont want to bog myself down in documentation.)

As i said earlier nerfing xp is huge espically after others have gained.. AWT Went from 7k to 1500. Hell has been changed from 7k-4k. I know exp gets changed blah blah blah but people played beta and apparently either never pointed it out and kept it between them, or gm thought it was fine. On top of gm himself saying he didn't think anyone would pick the default classes (So why have them in)

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
Totally agree with ‘positive’ on his points however dont exaggerate, awt was 5.2k befor the exp change and after it’s 2.2kish, giving false information will just put players off

Reactions: Kevweasel

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Totally agree with ‘positive’ on his points however dont exaggerate, awt was 5.2k befor the exp change and after it’s 2.2kish, giving false information will just put players off

I dont know the grand scheme of things (what rates are like etc) but basically getting 3k reduction a mob in a cave is a considerable drop you are getting (its a 60% nerf?) which, if it trumped a lot of other areas for difficulty then its a big hit.

Like I said I am only going off what people are saying; either way it's done, people should move past it and if you enjoy the server, enjoy it :)

Reactions: IceSlice

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Just lower the mob levels and make them only give out 7k til w.e lvl people abused it for.

So if you're 3 levels higher you only get the original 3k xp

'A noob buff'