Server to play

smoochy boys on tour

Frenzy

LOMCN Leecher
Dec 10, 2019
Hi,

I used to play Zircon about a year ago which was entertaining. I am looking to start playing again although I have just realised Zircon is no longer live.

Any suggestions on a server worth playing please.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Hi,

I used to play Zircon about a year ago which was entertaining. I am looking to start playing again although I have just realised Zircon is no longer live.

Any suggestions on a server worth playing please.

Ancient Mir is launching this Friday... I think that's similar to Zircon

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
Zentaur open few months, can trust its not gonna be dead in 2 months, really nice system for new players to catch up and get elite gear.

hits 100 users on weekend, its like zircon but better, more content.

Loliance

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2017
For low rate:
Zentaur(Pledge of Blood) if you want a well established server that's been around a few months with lots of updates to show for it.
Ancient Mir if you want something new & fresh so you can watch it grow and develop.

For high rate you've got InfamouS

All three are similar to Zircon as they were made using the same files, but all three have gone off in different paths with Ancient Mir seeming to target more PVPers, Zentaur targeting PvEers/Grinders & InFamouS targeting more casual players.

Overall it's one of the better times to be playing Mir3 with lots of server choice, hope you find one you like!

Whippet95

LOMCN n00bie
Dec 8, 2019
Is mir3 as good as mir2 I have never played ?
Post automatically merged:

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire

You will get differences of opinions, I didn't like the PvP on Mir 3 (was too easy) but that could just be because I was so used to Mir 2 PvP.
Mir 3 is better visually (usually) than Mir 2.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Spiffier graphics don't make for better game experience, impression. Mir2 is rougher as far as looks go but that is actually one of its charms. I don't see those animated effects mir3 brings in, like trees animations and such like, as a big plus for game as such. Over the years, mir2 has got some features that only mir3 previously had, I think mounts(?) as such, certainly horse mounts I remember being said that mir2 can't have those, and it has. The one trickle from mir3 into mir2 I could live without are those ghay pink trees you see in bichon woods.

Mir3 (I believe but am open to counter arguments) is more complicated game in terms of skills than mir2 is, like what you can add to your items and that sort of thing (I think it has some spirits, like water fire and what not that determines how well you do against certain mobs), but here again, the magic of mir2 is the simplicity which is its charm.

Not sure if zircon m3 still has that 'oversized' way how its items are displayed in bag, char panel, even avatar like the official mir3 had. It made (makes) them look clunky, pixely...

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I find Mir 3 way better. You won't know until you try it.

If you're into, really Bad PVP and being dragged across the screen and 1 hit if your 1 level lower than somebody then yeh, I mean if your into pvp Mir2 just blows it so far out of the water. On Mir3 your forced into grinding or you just get ******* beakoned and all that silly **** from miles away it's just mental lol, Wars ( sw) are a pure joke and are just a cluster **** where pretty much nothing objective is going on at all.

Only thing i'll ever give Mi3 is... Some cool ass spells and maps, besides that it's just a pure fail game, i knew within a few days of logging into ignus or w.e back when euro mir3 opened that it wouldn't have the same pull for long.

Last edited:
Reactions: astrix

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Ancient Mir3 releasing tomorrow.

No stat adjusting pots in the Gameshop, which alone balances the game out more than any other server. Purely cosmetic and pig related things. Pigs also don't level up "over time" they now level up from the exp gained by the player.

So none of the sitting in SZ all day, every day rubbish lol.

Caves etc have actually been adjusted away from the norm for a change, with extra little functions like random spawning Super mobs to make things a bit more interesting.

Extra work has also actually gone into the Sin class to not make them Lifesteal tanks, they seemingly are now glass cannons that can actually die, so it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Go read the advert :P there are more. Few things are still being talked about such as Tao augments because in Zircon is was just so OP, amongst other discussions like Defiance etc lol.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Ancient Mir3 releasing tomorrow.

No stat adjusting pots in the Gameshop, which alone balances the game out more than any other server. Purely cosmetic and pig related things. Pigs also don't level up "over time" they now level up from the exp gained by the player.

So none of the sitting in SZ all day, every day rubbish lol.

Caves etc have actually been adjusted away from the norm for a change, with extra little functions like random spawning Super mobs to make things a bit more interesting.

Extra work has also actually gone into the Sin class to not make them Lifesteal tanks, they seemingly are now glass cannons that can actually die, so it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Go read the advert :p there are more. Few things are still being talked about such as Tao augments because in Zircon is was just so OP, amongst other discussions like Defiance etc lol.

Nice that somebody besides Skibadee is actually doing heavy work on zircon files but why not address the PVP in Mir3? It's so ******* bad lol. I think Mir3 would be huge if it had good fight's.

Although the Sin thing will help out a lot with that, stuff like Beakon imo should just be PVE based, it's too much in PVP.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Lol ask everyone for an opinion on PvP regardless of Mir2 and Mir3 and you will get a different opinion everytime.

Like mine and yours for example. I prefer Mir3 PvP over Mir2 because there is more required to it than casting TDB 50 times or casting FlameField 50 times. Mir3 with the element system always has and always will have more potential to bring more interesting battles if the server owners actually do something with all the functionality it offers.

I don't think i've ever been 1 hit by anyone in Mir3 PvP, not until the stupid stats start coming into play. Killing off the stupid Cube system and actually re-working higher level maps to not break the progression of the server will fix that no problem.

But if you actually read the advert, you will see some measures have been taken. Such as % chance being able to cast Beacon/Interchange/Grip etc if you're beneath their level, so you don't need to be the highest to make them effective in PvP, you just need to at least be competitive (Which at the end of the day, if you're 10 levels lower, you always have been at a big disadvantage anyway lol...this is Mir after all)

EDIT:
I stand corrected about the last part, it's oddly not even mentioned in the advert, only on the Discord lol.

But it's here anyway. Is noted in the Upcoming Changes, so might not be in right away.
Below spells will work off the following level logic when targeting enemies, they still have their own spell level based chance to work, ie level 1 spell may work 40% of time, and level 3 spell 100%. Player is higher level than target - 100% Player is same level as target - 80% Player is 1 level below target - 60% Player is 2 levels below target - 40% Player is 3 levels below target - 20% Player is 4 or more levels below target - unable to work Becon, Interchange, Wraith Grip/Abyss (additional 5 level gap on mobs), shoulder dash/assault, Dance of Swallows (will always jump but stun is level based), wizard wind spells repulsion effect (the repulsion effect now also effect players), purification (enemy targets only), tao combat kick. - Please let me know if i have missed any that should be altered

Last edited:

Loliance

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2017

Mir3 has a lot more "depth" to it, you have a lot more skills & options, which makes the PvP & PvE is a lot more varied. Many prefer the simplicity though of Mir2 though as it makes it a lot easier to get into Mir2 and with less factors to balance can often make the game feel fairer and more balanced.

I would say to try Mir3 and see how you get on, It's a very different game to Mir2.

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
If you're into, really Bad PVP and being dragged across the screen and 1 hit if your 1 level lower than somebody then yeh, I mean if your into pvp Mir2 just blows it so far out of the water. On Mir3 your forced into grinding or you just get ******* beakoned and all that silly **** from miles away it's just mental lol, Wars ( sw) are a pure joke and are just a cluster **** where pretty much nothing objective is going on at all.

Only thing i'll ever give Mi3 is... Some cool ass spells and maps, besides that it's just a pure fail game, i knew within a few days of logging into ignus or w.e back when euro mir3 opened that it wouldn't have the same pull for long.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xythas