[Approved] Chronicles [AceM2] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
I agree its difficult for new starters to catch mainly due to lack of revamp of old euro bosses and larger content is hard to do solo or it takes ages to catch up to 60+. However, that been said, the server is not dying, it's in full swing and booming tbh. You should PM Vogun or Silverflake to join a guild and you'll enjoy the game. Starter quest line could do with a revamp, you boost people to 22 then no guidance where to go from there or even how to get out of mizu? Perhaps change starting area to BW SZ.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I was stuck in mizu for ages. I finally got to bw then there was only the mines to hunt. Having to discover each new place before being able to teleport had me a bit put off. I know the people who have put in the hours should be highest level and best kit, but leveling from 22 to 50+ seems like a massive grind to just be doing the 2.3 content. I'm happy enough to do it if the server is still houng to be around. But as you said, there is no guide what do ever so new players are lost and cant figure out what's going on. I'd be happy enough just doing 2.3 content till I get caught up a lot more.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
I joined at the weekend, and haven't been back on since. I've not played mir since euro closed, but I logged on here thinking it be good to get back into it. But I realised I was so far behind and didnt really fancy leveling up as I didnt know where to go or what to do. I dont fancy grinding the levels if server is dying and is going to die soon. I just wanted a play on mir for old times sake, and to see if I still enjoyed it. A boost to level 50 would be great, as I'd be able to go through 2.3 content
Oldskool Mir our 22nd feb, get rdy for that ^^
Post automatically merged:

Out*

Astro92

LOMCN Member
Dec 7, 2019
The server still does get amends every now and then, the content is there and the server is booming. Wouldn't dream of playing Old Skool, I remember all of the previous servers with back room deals and donating for items, no thank you.

ILovePie:D

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
This server is 6 years old and no longer being worked on... perhaps wait for one of the plethora of servers being released this year instead

There’s always plenty of “pop up” servers that last a couple of months then die off after the owners lose interest as their financial income drops off.

Fair play to chronicles, it still has a small user base and the server is still decent, though those who says it’s still busy, clearly forget or didn’t play when it was actually busy.

I was stuck in mizu for ages. I finally got to bw then there was only the mines to hunt. Having to discover each new place before being able to teleport had me a bit put off. I know the people who have put in the hours should be highest level and best kit, but leveling from 22 to 50+ seems like a massive grind to just be doing the 2.3 content. I'm happy enough to do it if the server is still houng to be around. But as you said, there is no guide what do ever so new players are lost and cant figure out what's going on. I'd be happy enough just doing 2.3 content till I get caught up a lot more.

If you know what class of character you want to use, I could see what characters I have laying about that you could use. I’ve not been on for a couple of years so I would need to dig out the details.

Reactions: Herp

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
There’s always plenty of “pop up” servers that last a couple of months then die off after the owners lose interest as their financial income drops off.

Don't need to tell me that 😄 but there's at least a couple of *potential* long-term lowrates in the making which might appeal to Chronicles players.

But don't get me wrong, Chron is top of the u/c list at the moment, but I don't think it's necessarily the best option for a returning player to the game 🤷‍♂️

• Love
Reactions: LOMValkyrie

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003

Fair play to chronicles, it still has a small user base and the server is still decent, though those who says it’s still busy, clearly forget or didn’t play when it was actually busy.

If you know what class of character you want to use, I could see what characters I have laying about that you could use. I’ve not been on for a couple of years so I would need to dig out the details.
Was looking to play a warrior or tao, but everyone keeps saying taos are just support class on here till high level..with me playing it on my own then a tao isn't going to be much fun. As I prob wont be able to run through the 2.3 content to well.

Don't need to tell me that 😄 but there's at least a couple of *potential* long-term lowrates in the making which might appeal to Chronicles players.

But don't get me wrong, Chron is top of the u/c list at the moment, but I don't think it's necessarily the best option for a returning player to the game 🤷‍♂️
I wouldnt be on to much just a man hour or two here and there. I just want experience all off 2.3 again then slowly get into new content that's been added since euro was closed. Chronicles seems like it has the most users so I was wanting play that as u wouldnt be on my own to much, I'd be able to join a guild and group hunt and do things.

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Was looking to play a warrior or tao, but everyone keeps saying taos are just support class on here till high level..with me playing it on my own then a tao isn't going to be much fun. As I prob wont be able to run through the 2.3 content to well.

I wouldnt be on to much just a man hour or two here and there. I just want experience all off 2.3 again then slowly get into new content that's been added since euro was closed. Chronicles seems like it has the most users so I was wanting play that as u wouldnt be on my own to much, I'd be able to join a guild and group hunt and do things.

I probably have a 55 Sin, 56 tao, 62 wiz and a 57 archer going spare. I would just need to dig out details if I can remember them.

Sins are fun for around that level sort of tier, but once you get end game (70+) they are lacking quite a lot in DPS and HP compared to other classes.

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
I probably have a 55 Sin, 56 tao, 62 wiz and a 57 archer going spare. I would just need to dig out details if I can remember them.

Sins are fun for around that level sort of tier, but once you get end game (70+) they are lacking quite a lot in DPS and HP compared to other classes.
I wouldnt know what a sin or archer are. I've only ever played tao war or wiz. I'd prob never get to endgame content as I only have a few hours spare each week. But being bake to run through the 2.3 content would be fun.

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
I wouldnt know what a sin or archer are. I've only ever played tao war or wiz. I'd prob never get to endgame content as I only have a few hours spare each week. But being bake to run through the 2.3 content would be fun.

Have a read about the classes on the Chronicles website

Each class skills are listed here

Sins were by far the most fun I had on there, they could solo a lot of the bosses for around the tier you’d be starting. So I would say are easier to kit up for a new person, as you wouldn’t need to add speed etc to your kit as you have a skill for that. You can start off with just Dc items then add slow and more accuracy as you progress

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Have a read about the classes on the Chronicles website

Each class skills are listed here

Sins were by far the most fun I had on there, they could solo a lot of the bosses for around the tier you’d be starting. So I would say are easier to kit up for a new person, as you wouldn’t need to add speed etc to your kit as you have a skill for that. You can start off with just Dc items then add slow and more accuracy as you progress
I was on the website reading up today. I think I be sticking with a war wiz or tao. I know how to play them, well I did back in the day off euro mir. As I said endgame is prob beyond me,as I wiuldnt be able to level up that much. But if I can get through 2.3 I be good.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Will be a small reboot on Sunday

Tentatively will have
  • Boost to Cave Rotation Exp (x3)
  • For low and mid maps on Cave Rotation double drops
  • New IncarnatedFP AI for DDD (Back in their regular DDD map)
Might be a couple of other things (Web browser fix for the people who had issues with it, Ranking fix ingame, and some other minor things If I get the chance)

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003

Tentatively will have
Might be a couple of other things (Web browser fix for the people who had issues with it, Ranking fix ingame, and some other minor things If I get the chance)

Could you add a @boost to level 50 to help bring new life in?

There’s a new guy on here literally crying to play the game but he’s faced with all the early level boring crap

Reactions: P1atinum

zivanovic99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2015
I was on the website reading up today. I think I be sticking with a war wiz or tao. I know how to play them, well I did back in the day off euro mir. As I said endgame is prob beyond me,as I wiuldnt be able to level up that much. But if I can get through 2.3 I be good.

I would suggest having a go on the instances at the entrance of most caves to get yourselves into the swing of things and have a practice, still with the chance of getting some drops

Astro92

LOMCN Member
Dec 7, 2019

Tentatively will have
Awesome, could we possibly review the low and mid caves as they're hardly used mate. Only mid cave that is actually used is swamp cave as it's a great leveling area. Really appreciate your update.

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Could you add a @boost to level 50 to help bring new life in?

There’s a new guy on here literally crying to play the game but he’s faced with all the early level boring crap
I dont even mind the leveling part to it, but there is no guide what so ever. I dont even know where to begin. Some sort off guide would be great, what caves or places I need to be in from level 22 up to say level 50. Not played since euro shut, so I dint have a clue what I'm doing.

Cleopatra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2004

Tentatively will have

Could you remove Kera from the cave rotation? Nice to see a little update coming (y)

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I dont even mind the leveling part to it, but there is no guide what so ever. I dont even know where to begin. Some sort off guide would be great, what caves or places I need to be in from level 22 up to say level 50. Not played since euro shut, so I dint have a clue what I'm doing.

But you're saying you only want to play 2.3 content anyway, so surely you already know where that is?

Reactions: zivanovic99

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
But you're saying you only want to play 2.3 content anyway, so surely you already know where that is?
I wouldn't have much time for endgame content do 2.3 is what I would be doing. I can only think of WT to play in, I've not played it in so long I dont have a notion off where to be going or what to be doing. I also dont know if there is specific leveling caves which makes leveling up faster..