[Approved] Chronicles [AceM2] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
WTF is with the cant target a particular mob with mouse pointer ****??? Im surrounded by mobs, need to take a mob off the missus but the mouse pointer does not add up with the mob I am trying to hit!! I think I am clicking the correct mob (say bottom left) but I just stand there doing **** or I start hitting a mob top right??? It seems as though the mouse pointer is 'off' not in the right place if you know what I mean... FFS! annoying

Are you playing in a widescreen or higher res format ?
LCD's pretty good on such things but I have noticed a lot of servers suffer with loss of accuracy when clicking buttons etc., might be the same with targeting.
Try playing in the original 800x400 mode or whatever Chrons allows, see if that makes a difference.

Follower

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 2, 2005
Australia
Any news for chronicles v2?

theres a post on their forums asking about this with possible changes for game longevity and adjustments to battle some of the current issues.
Im all for it, could be a bit of a money spinner for the owners with an influx of people looking for the low rate feel.

Reborn has flopped before its started imo
the only server on the horizon is artificial with soime sort of potential, which will be a decent game on wipe and full release.

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
would get a 250+ UC easy euro reborn is done

Agreed, this lockdown has really given people the mir itch again and I'm really surprised how many people are going to Reborn considering its very low rate and grindy.

I would love to see a Chrons V2 launch with a few tweaks to counter the issues its ran into over the years. Having spoken with a fair few friends on facebook who are currently playing a high rate or not playing at all and theirs certainly an appetite to come back and play mir again.

The draw back as we all know is its a very very competitive game and you've limited chances of getting people back into a very mature server.

Has anyone from the Chrons team entertained if it would even be possible to relaunch the server? I was under the impression with the exception of @MiloFoxburr that Samuel was MIA and not interested in a Chrons V2

zivanovic99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2015
Agreed, this lockdown has really given people the mir itch again and I'm really surprised how many people are going to Reborn considering its very low rate and grindy.

I would love to see a Chrons V2 launch with a few tweaks to counter the issues its ran into over the years. Having spoken with a fair few friends on facebook who are currently playing a high rate or not playing at all and theirs certainly an appetite to come back and play mir again.

The draw back as we all know is its a very very competitive game and you've limited chances of getting people back into a very mature server.

Has anyone from the Chrons team entertained if it would even be possible to relaunch the server? I was under the impression with the exception of @MiloFoxburr that Samuel was MIA and not interested in a Chrons V2

LCD has been fairly active in recent weeks, however he has previously said there is no chance of a Chrons v2

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
LCD has been fairly active in recent weeks, however he has previously said there is no chance of a Chrons v2

That's fair enough, I have no interest in returning to a server with this level of maturity the thrill just isn't the same when everything's been done and PK would be pointless as everyone will be 5 years ahead of me.

Smithyyy88

LOMCN Rookie
Jan 7, 2020
Server is dead in its current format. I’ve logged in for around 10 minutes the past 2 days. I’m just so bored. The market is now also dead - something which had looked to of being improving over the past few weeks.

Ignore the UC shown on here, half of those characters are from the greedy gold farmers storing their excessive items/gems which they’ll never use - no names mentioned.

Once lockdown is lifted this server is dead in the water.

Roll on new 2020 releases!

Reactions: mistodon

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
Server is dead in its current format. I’ve logged in for around 10 minutes the past 2 days. I’m just so bored. The market is now also dead - something which had looked to of being improving over the past few weeks.

Ignore the UC shown on here, half of those characters are from the greedy gold farmers storing their excessive items/gems which they’ll never use - no names mentioned.

Once lockdown is lifted this server is dead in the water.

Roll on new 2020 releases!

I've not logged in for years, is it really that bad? I was under the impression from this thread that it recently went through a bit of a renaissance?

But then I guess retaining a PC in a server thats what over half a decade old is always going to be very tough.

I posted this on the Chrons forums but realise not many people frequent there so for shits and giggles is anyone actually interested in a new Chrons?

Smithyyy88

LOMCN Rookie
Jan 7, 2020
I've not logged in for years, is it really that bad? I was under the impression from this thread that it recently went through a bit of a renaissance?

But then I guess retaining a PC in a server thats what over half a decade old is always going to be very tough.

I posted this on the Chrons forums but realise not many people frequent there so for shits and giggles is anyone actually interested in a new Chrons?

Yes, finished.

Although a tiny bit of new content would easily bring it back to life, or even the drop files slightly tweaking on a few bosses could also.

But both of the above look unlikely - doubled with the fact nobody is watching what’s going on ingame.

I predict UC will be 30 ish W/C May 11th.. and even then, its the greedy farmers stor chars taking up most of them. SZ’s are packed, caves are rotting away empty. Its a shame.

zivanovic99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2015
Yes, finished.

Although a tiny bit of new content would easily bring it back to life, or even the drop files slightly tweaking on a few bosses could also.

But both of the above look unlikely - doubled with the fact nobody is watching what’s going on ingame.

I predict UC will be 30 ish W/C May 11th.. and even then, its the greedy farmers stor chars taking up most of them. SZ’s are packed, caves are rotting away empty. Its a shame.

Absolute nonsense. It's never been as low as 30, there is still active groups of players. Granted they are all end game but that doesn't mean they're not there. Chrons has always consistently been near the top of the UC list. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
Absolute nonsense. It's never been as low as 30, there is still active groups of players. Granted they are all end game but that doesn't mean they're not there. Chrons has always consistently been near the top of the UC list. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Big difference between active people currently playing and the number of people AFK though. Would be interesting to message the current 47 online people and actually see how many are at keyboard and respond.

I logged in for the first time in 5 years last night, BW SZ was full of people of which I only saw 2 move in the 30-40 mins I was online. I know thats not an indication but its very easy for a servers population to look artificially inflated due to people sitting AFK.

Reactions: Smithyyy88

Smithyyy88

LOMCN Rookie
Jan 7, 2020

Ok, im lying.

Caves are full
Market is bouncing
There’s definitely not 30 people stood in SZ.
They’re definitely not peoples store chars stood in Mizu.

zivanovic99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2015
Why would the UC been down to 30 all of a sudden? It's never been that low. What's going to change all of a sudden for the UC to be 30

Smithyyy88

LOMCN Rookie
Jan 7, 2020
Why would the UC been down to 30 all of a sudden? It's never been that low. What's going to change all of a sudden for the UC to be 30
I’d say probably less than 30 active players at one time looking ahead. Safezones are packed full of chars AFK, caves completely empty apart from DDD and Swamp on x3 day.

As lockdown restrictions are relaxed and people will return to work the UC will go down naturally.

I stick to what I said though - its unlikely, but even minimal tweaks could still bring the server back to life. It still has loads of potential if they care about it.

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
lilcooldoode said:
though i agree instances wouldn't be needed on a fresh wipe - I would definitely bring them back in 2 - 3 years later again

Oh wow this is interesting, does this mean a Chrons Phoenix server might actually be on the cards if hes agreeing instances wouldn't be required or wanted at the beginning but would bring them back in at a later stage.