[Approved] Chronicles [AceM2] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Nyx

LOMCN Member
Feb 11, 2018

Thats such a shame, I would be extremely interested and excited to give Chronicles a go but in its current state its not inviting to new players. Joining a server thats 6+ years old with level 90 characters, exp caves and instances are going to struggle to make it appealing to anyone wanting to jump in.

Any chance you can give some insight on to why this won't happen, there seems to be alot of demand for chronicles fresh server atm.

Seems like a wasted opportunity.

Would be great to know why its not possible, Chrons really was special especially with the quality/smoothness of character movement and the perfect seamless attack-speed of Sins.

Can't imagine LCD would want to have to justify themselves though, easier just to say no and close that door I guess.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Thats such a shame, I would be extremely interested and excited to give Chronicles a go but in its current state its not inviting to new players. Joining a server thats 6+ years old with level 90 characters, exp caves and instances are going to struggle to make it appealing to anyone wanting to jump in.

What about those level 90 characters who are still playing because it's been up 6 years?

First of all half the team haven't been seen in years, and those that are left don't want to deal with this toxic community again :poop:

Let 👏 it 👏 go 👏

Nyx

LOMCN Member
Feb 11, 2018
What about those level 90 characters who are still playing because it's been up 6 years?

Then they can continue to play? No ones asking for the server to be taken down and anyone whos still really enjoying the classic Chrons experience would be able to continue to do so.

The request was for a second server similar to what Mir 2 Euro did under GN, only with a few minor tweaks. Its understandable if they are not interested and that's entirely their prerogative.

From a community perspective and the entire reason LOMCN exists is that we enjoy playing Mir, we're a minority of people and while lots of good (and some awful) servers do pop up from time to time great servers are few and far between. A desire to restart Chronicles is absolute flattery and a true credit to the amazing worth the developers put into that version of Mir. People wouldn't be reminiscing and asking for this to be a thing again if they were not positively charged by the chance of it.

The difficulty from a players perspective is few servers have been able to emulate that success both in active user count and in high quality content. Lots fall by the wayside unable to balance classes because of changes they have made thinking it will be good for the game. As a player currently stuck in lock-down what options do we really have? ER is promising but needs significant work around balance and its level locked content is pushing people away. OS is Mir on steroids and for some the level 200+ experience is exactly what they want but for those who want a low-mid rate server its just too overhyped and not appealing. We have some servers on the horizon which will release in the next 12 months, things like Valk but its promise of 8 classes is going to again alienate a proportion of any player base before its even started, that coupled with servers struggling to balance 4 classes for what is essentially a PvP game, how on earth are 8 classes going to work and balance together every change is going to cause a catastrophic butterfly effect.

What does that leave players in terms of choice in the immediate except to forget Mir 2 for a while and come back in a few years time hoping for another great server release?

Maybe you're right and we should just "let it go" and accept that Mir 2 by all accounts is a dead game

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
We have some servers on the horizon which will release in the next 12 months, things like Valk but its promise of 8 classes is going to again alienate a proportion of any player base before its even started, that coupled with servers struggling to balance 4 classes for what is essentially a PvP game, how on earth are 8 classes going to work and balance together every change is going to cause a catastrophic butterfly effect.

Chronicles has 6 classes, no?

Nyx

LOMCN Member
Feb 11, 2018
Chronicles has 6 classes, no?

Yes and 6 years worth of hard work and development in an attempt to balance those 6 classes, they are still tweaking things now no? I believe the last patch was 2-3 weeks ago?

How many new servers where the development team have added new spells / changed things hit the ground with nicely balanced PvE and PvP for the classes on release? I dare say none, how many get it right over the course of the first 6 months and manage to salvage their server before players have left in their droves? This stems back to developers not looking at the bigger picture when making changes, its a huge jigsaw and one tiny change can have a make a huge impact to the game.

If you look at the ER discord as an example, how many of the complaints/suggestions relate to class balance vs any other type of suggestion or criticism?

If this was a care-bear no PvP game like say FF14 then PvP balance is insignificant but in a game where PvP is the main reason people play and where body drops are actively a thing its the one biggest thing you must get right above almost everything else. If PvP is interesting and fun people stick about.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Yes and 6 years worth of hard work and development in an attempt to balance those 6 classes, they are still tweaking things now no? I believe the last patch was 2-3 weeks ago?

How many new servers where the development team have added new spells / changed things hit the ground with nicely balanced PvE and PvP for the classes on release? I dare say none, how many get it right over the course of the first 6 months and manage to salvage their server before players have left in their droves? This stems back to developers not looking at the bigger picture when making changes, its a huge jigsaw and one tiny change can have a make a huge impact to the game.

If you look at the ER discord as an example, how many of the complaints/suggestions relate to class balance vs any other type of suggestion or criticism?

If this was a care-bear no PvP game like say FF14 then PvP balance is insignificant but in a game where PvP is the main reason people play and where body drops are actively a thing its the one biggest thing you must get right above almost everything else. If PvP is interesting and fun people stick about.

Oh I agree with that but all games require constant adjustment when you're adding new content. But I don't like the mentality of dismissing something just because it's different or new.

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
Oh I agree with that but all games require constant adjustment when you're adding new content. But I don't like the mentality of dismissing something just because it's different or new.
I created a new account here two nights ago, theirs no one low levelled playing. No one in Bichon Wall responded to my questions or messages. How does a new player get into a server like this when theirs no community anymore and no players at a similar level to play with?

Nyx

LOMCN Member
Feb 11, 2018

I've not dismissed it, but several of my guild wont even entertain the idea of it after getting burnt by that other server (RoA). Myself I'm very worried about class balance for both PvP and PvE without an extensive open beta testing period of several months its going to be incredibly difficult to know if it does indeed have balance or not.

But I digress this isn't the place to be discussing another Mir 2 server, this is about how polished Chronicles was and how theirs a community demand for a new server using the hard work that made these files such a success.
Post automatically merged:

Sell the files or make them public :p

That would be amazing but I doubt that would ever happen and even if Sam wasn't MIA he wouldn't entertain the idea.

ILovePie:D

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003

Would be great to know why its not possible, Chrons really was special especially with the quality/smoothness of character movement and the perfect seamless attack-speed of Sins.

Can't imagine LCD would want to have to justify themselves though, easier just to say no and close that door I guess.

It's never been easier to level on Chronicles. Up to 70 is so easy now with 18x exp and rotating 3x exp caves. At level 50+ you can do a level per hunt. At 70 it gets slower being only x6 exp, but I still get 7% an hour at 77 without an exp pot, in shop kit.

Instances make it a lot easier for you to kit up and farm gold too.

Sure, it would be lovely to have a fresh wipe and a Chrons V2 but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

Nyx

LOMCN Member
Feb 11, 2018
It's never been easier to level on Chronicles. Up to 70 is so easy now with 18x exp and rotating 3x exp caves. At level 50+ you can do a level per hunt. At 70 it gets slower being only x6 exp, but I still get 7% an hour at 77 without an exp pot, in shop kit.

Instances make it a lot easier for you to kit up and farm gold too.

Sure, it would be lovely to have a fresh wipe and a Chrons V2 but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

They can start you at level 90, but if I can't get the buy in from any of my friends / guild then its going to be playing solo which isn't fun at all.

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
They can start you at level 90, but if I can't get the buy in from any of my friends / guild then its going to be playing solo which isn't fun at all.

You can buy up to lvl 52 items from the NPC in WW, players mostly sell these bits there.

I'm sure people wouldn't object to letting you pick up items/gold and tagging along to hunts?

Nyx

LOMCN Member
Feb 11, 2018
You can buy up to lvl 52 items from the NPC in WW, players mostly sell these bits there.

I'm sure people wouldn't object to letting you pick up items/gold and tagging along to hunts?

You're missing the point ROFL, if I cant get any of my friends to play then theirs no point in playing. When someone asks whats the server like and the first words I say are well its 6 years old and has level 90's they've switched off and not interested :)

DrUgZ

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2003

Just started myself but I only have 6x exp never seen 18x unless you buy pot?

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
You're missing the point ROFL, if I cant get any of my friends to play then theirs no point in playing. When someone asks whats the server like and the first words I say are well its 6 years old and has level 90's they've switched off and not interested :)

So it's not about being able to kit or level yourself - it's all about the selling point to your mates.

It's 6 years old but will probably still out last the majority of pop up servers. You only need to get to 70 to be competitive really. That's easy enough to get to.