Add Assassins to Odyssey : Poll

Add Assassins on start of Odyssey release?

• Yes

• No

• Other (Post)

Results are only viewable after voting.

HxH

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 17, 2017
id say NO tho, its already hard to balance 3 classes, not to mention that there might be loads of criticism and moaning when spell r 2 op/weak. u could get more time and spend on game mechanics/boss ai/new features/better user interface etc

Iglu

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 4, 2017
Of course they can be balanced to be in a place that is enjoyable, Personally I think it wouldn't even be that hard but generally people just slap the baseline Assassin class in and add shadowstep which doesn't help anything.

That being said I agree with Tai. **** Assassins and add Archers.

Reactions: Morganja

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Vote seems to say no . Stick to your guns with 3 classes, **** sins

It's why we did a community vote, if the vote is more no than yes, it's a no!

It's their server, big changes like this should be influenced by the player base!

Reactions: Abdozaki

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006
voted 3 because balancing 4 never seems right. an off topic i would like to see the GG shop setup for everyone, not just whales like TheEnd is now. (75% exp pots, toches, kr teles, pads, mounts, gems) all for stupid prices creates a 2 tier system.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i missed playing TPR :( but i know LB would not make a GG purely for the elites, so you wont need to worry about that, i would stake my reputation on that fact tbh

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
https://mir2odyssey.co.uk/ @joesav123 8 days on the timer for beta i think going off that count down mate. Also love the fact every one having their own opinions no one being triggered except @WelshSteel his post made me piss. Getting angry over other peoples opinions? lol. Tis a polll petal a poll

and most of those opinions are just "no".

I get that some of you have had hard experiences where owners that have just thrown in other classes for additional content and that has caused arguments which take focus off of a game that you enjoy but as a plus side it has become more argumentative because extra content in the way of classes has generated more players and some players love the concept of Sin.

All I'm hearing pretty much is that I don't want Sin because I prefer Warrior + additonally "balance is too hard", to me that's just a defeat'ist/closed minded attitude which limits potential users and puts lack of faith in LB who has a good head.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
So just a bit of clarity on some of the previous posts, as any feedback I appreciate to help us adjust what we are doing, when warranted.

We have reworked our entire UI
> There is a complete detachable chat box (you can move it anywhere) with filter buttons etc (it also disappears when not in use)
We are also currently working on the main UI to make it a lot more minimalistic (Less bloat on the screen)

Most "Bosses" will now have new AI features, some only minor tweaks, other more major ones; this is so people now need to think when fighting the usual bosses rather than just knowing the same tactics for years (EC wont be able to just spawn skellys and afk kill it while being out of range - for example)

Slows etc on melee skills are a short duration, and usually inefficient unless you are in a group scenario, we are also looking at potential "Antidote" style potions (with a large CD) so you can remove various afflictions.

Totems for Taoists don't adhere to collision rules (you can walk through them) so they can't block anything; also Defiling totem doesn't actually effect PvP (or we were thinking about making it PvE only if we haven't added this already - Im not at code so can't say for certain)

Divine light is really strong (Its a PvP Skill) but its very situational, if you are fighting in a cave and if it procs additional bonus, it knocks ALL light source off that player (meaning they can't see ****) effectively being blind. - there are other afflictions that reverse your controls (so clicking left makes you run right etc) adding new depths and knowledge needed to fight effectively.

We are still working on all the spells, the website isn't their final design.
<<<We are removing/ merging and revamping various spells>>>

Any additional spell ideas/changes we will take into consideration, as well.

(Some of the above was aimed to answer @WelshSteel thread

><><
GAMESHOP NOTES
><><
While there will be things in here, most will be obtainable by the free currency you get while hunting and boss killing. (hunt points)
The gameshops contents isn't confirmed yet but there wont be huge 50% exp boosts etc

We will be looking at small exp boosts, cosmetics etc.

We are looking at beta in the next week or two, and live will be announced after that

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
(Some of the above was aimed to answer @WelshSteel thread

Appreciate it xD

I'm not playing anything atm so I'm really bored (geinunely sorry If I've caused offense) + cba with other servers as it's the same conclusion of wiz dominates every category which I hope is taken into consideration with Odyssey.

I just hope the Sin fans are going to be fine with no Sin, helping the likes of KingTony and Ibby gives me life :P

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
Appreciate it xD

I'm not playing anything atm so I'm really bored (geinunely sorry If I've caused offense) + cba with other servers as it's the same conclusion of wiz dominates every category which I hope is taken into consideration with Odyssey.

I just hope the Sin fans are going to be fine with no Sin, helping the likes of KingTony and Ibby gives me life :p

That's in your opinion though, as in my opinion on most servers Tao's dominate.

Hell I can say wizz on TPR felt underwhelming (aside from that twin fire spell they had) and I ended up going Sin.

At the end of the day everyone has their own opinions on what's balanced or not ,best just to leave them to balance it how they feel right instead of trying to sway them towards your idea of balance with comments like ''cba with other servers as it's the same conclusion of wiz dominates every category which I hope is taken into consideration with Odyssey''

Last edited:

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
That's in your opinion though, as in my opinion on most servers Tao's dominate.

Hell I can say wizz on TPR felt underwhelming (aside from that twin fire spell they had) and I ended up going Sin. Best just to leave them to balance it how they feel right instead of trying to sway them towards your idea of balance.

I find that Tao's only dominate when bosses and KR's are simple, very easy to adjust imo, I like Tao but some mechanics are either ridiculous or useless.

You could say it's swaying but my goal is just to throw idea spanners in the works and I will continue to throw spanners in the works as long as I see simple things in Mir like "Wiz best lvler/best money maker/best....barely a weakness" and point & click poison. Range classes are generally the easiest and most rewarded and I will not stop IN MY QUEST to suggest nudging them in a more difficult direction with trade offs.

Flatline

Dickhead ;)
Loyal Member
Jun 9, 2018
Leeds
i vote no as they are always op or terrible in different ways and it will be hard to balance