EuroReborn - The Highest Definition

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I think what he's saying is; why don't people who work on mir3 servers change it up as much as mir2 developers do.

but agreed on Archers! haha
Thats because Mir3 dont have a @Far that pushes free updates. Most systems Sanjian works on, been developed by Far for Crystal.

While Zircons have to make their own system base and evolve it.

One thing is when you got all the features which Far developed and evolve it as what Sanjian did.

• Carrot
Reactions: Sanjian

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Thats because Mir3 dont have a @Far that pushes free updates. Most systems Sanjian works on, been developed by Far for Crystal.

While Zircons have to make their own system base and evolve it.

One thing is when you got all the features which Far developed and evolve it as what Sanjian did.
Yeah hard to find another Far willing to put their own time in to do what he does with Mir 2 crystal!

I wanted to get started on Mir 3 (just to mess on with) but don't have the time to learn the entire new source layout haha

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
If you look at the Zircon release section there has been a lot of people make releases and improvements when it came out. Unfortunately I think most people tend to make their own server and just make improvements to that.

From experience i found that private servers rarely last that long and then the files get thrown away, so my time is better spent releasing things to the public. Lost track how many times in the past I used to make code changes which no one ever saw. I'd rather keep the momentum of the community going and release everything i do.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
If you look at the Zircon release section there has been a lot of people make releases and improvements when it came out. Unfortunately I think most people tend to make their own server and just make improvements to that.

From experience i found that private servers rarely last that long and then the files get thrown away, so my time is better spent releasing things to the public. Lost track how many times in the past I used to make code changes which no one ever saw. I'd rather keep the momentum of the community going and release everything i do.
is it almost time for awards? :)

Reactions: zedina

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Far what i said is that Crystal has a dedicated coder (you) which does awesome and great updates.

There was no disgrace towards @Sanjian as:

- Crystal has Fishing - Zircon not, Sanjian evolved it
- Crystal has custom NPC coding same as 3.55 - Zircon not, Sanjian evolved it to unlock maps, attack monster types (stones), harvest, professions etc

One thing is to contribute small bits like : Added drawing wings, fixed misplacement on ranking line, and other is to provide Item Sockets, Timers UI and other cool stuff.

Reactions: Sanjian and Far

2dang3rous

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2004
I check this forum for your server from time to time - I look forward to playing it to be honest.

Hope it is up soon.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i have about 80% of the base content i want in game.

im left with boss ai's which i want to completely rework to be unique. ive been caining alot of diablo recently for season 25 and ive been enjoying the affixes on mobs (basically if a mob spawns with the teleporter affix it has the ability to teleport)

i have been considering creating a pool of affixes and when bosses spawn they can select 3/4/5 from the pool to make each boss fight different and challenging based on its affixes.

again alot of what i do with content starts out on pen and paper and then gets evolved into the files.

i will go into open beta some time next year, 1st quarter with luck. i wil probably create a server from home so it can run 24/7 jujst locally to me that way i dont have any costs involved.

im rambeling, but know that i work on the server alot and i have alot of plans, not just short term but also for the long term and possible end game content that i will be introducing

WildGirl

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 26, 2013
Ethernet
i have about 80% of the base content i want in game.

im left with boss ai's which i want to completely rework to be unique. ive been caining alot of diablo recently for season 25 and ive been enjoying the affixes on mobs (basically if a mob spawns with the teleporter affix it has the ability to teleport)

i have been considering creating a pool of affixes and when bosses spawn they can select 3/4/5 from the pool to make each boss fight different and challenging based on its affixes.

again alot of what i do with content starts out on pen and paper and then gets evolved into the files.

i will go into open beta some time next year, 1st quarter with luck. i wil probably create a server from home so it can run 24/7 jujst locally to me that way i dont have any costs involved.

im rambeling, but know that i work on the server alot and i have alot of plans, not just short term but also for the long term and possible end game content that i will be introducing
Sounds interesting and can't wait for the server!

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
been working on some AI ( its been on my todo list for a very long time i just havent got round too it and also moster effects)

i have also removed all locking from the Stun Poison (cant move cant attack etc) the TDB poison itself is a damage amplifier for X amount of time and i feel the ability to stun lock mobs is OP.

I have also added some more poison types, Silence, Blind. a little inspiration from the post i saw on the pheonix server but implemented differently.

Silence will now cause all spells (non melee attacks or empowered auto attacks) a chance to miss. In PvP Spells will always have a chance to miss but in PvE they wont, unless silenced, it is possible to counter this effect but ill let players work out how.

Blind will reduce your chance to hit and only affects Melee hits and empowered autoattacks.

Can remember if i updated you on the Burn but that was given an overhaul as was Bleeding.

Burn will have X chance to pass on to other friendlies nearby both MOB and PLAYERS (that are considered friendly)

Bleeding is now a stacking mechanic, meaning the more bleeds on a target the more damage it will take from bleed, but it is also capped so you cant just stack bleeding on a boss and run away. Currently the only way for players to bleed a target is through the warrior spell Corruption (altered from Red Poison to Bleeding)

All ranged MOBS can cause bleeding on a player, dark pets could be usefull to wizards but they are not so op as before.

i want all subs/bosses to look decent so ive given them all som swooshy effects and some updated AI. Just a few images of some of them

1641468490672.png

1641468530168.png
1641468597454.png
1641468674331.png
1641468720155.png

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Every time I get a notification for this thread I'm excited it's going to be an announcement for testing stage :ROFLMAO:

Features and boss effects look very swish mate nice one, love the little updates every now and then.

Reactions: deano13 and Sanjian

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
More power balances? Silences? Burn spread? Speaking from experience where you continually nerfed and rambo turned everything every 5 minutes, it's an off put to think it would happen a 2nd time round...

Honestly was kinda hoping you would stick with what you already knew, just with adding HD quality etc...AI effects are fine as well, but you really don't need to add more extra powers for the player side as it's going to cause much of the same issues.

Otherwise it's looking great, but I would seriously suggest re-thinking about adding more player related powers...tinker with the mobs all you like.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Otherwise it's looking great, but I would seriously suggest re-thinking about adding more player related powers...tinker with the mobs all you like.

Tinker with mobs definetly, this game needs to be less "Diablo PvE" and more "I need a fukin Tao/party member". Wizards can also be pretty much corrected with an adjustment to mobs AI/difficulty and more focus on quality > spawn rate.

Also if it hasn't been clear enough to everyone, every server owner has struggled with balance so keep it straight forward, although...

@Sanjian please get point and click poison away from the game, it's "toxic" and stupid. I think either you or someone else did an alternative system.