Diablo Immortal

Join Discord

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Seen a streamer so far donate 11.5k NZD and still not got a 5/5 Gem.

I agree games shouldn't be able to use the practices they do in games like this, however I just as annoyed as they've really smeered the "Diablo" series image.

D4 will bomb due to the rep DImmortals has.
Hopefully D4 will be a paid game for PC and Console with no in game purchase. But I'm saying that blindly as I have no idea what the plans are for D4.

If it is, I think it'll still get a good following. If they announce something that includes in game purchases I'll avoid it personally.

I've enjoyed immortals as a casual solo player but I'm getting to a point where I see the need to pay for ****. Disappointed

Reactions: Sanjian

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Hopefully D4 will be a paid game for PC and Console with no in game purchase. But I'm saying that blindly as I have no idea what the plans are for D4.

If it is, I think it'll still get a good following. If they announce something that includes in game purchases I'll avoid it personally.

I've enjoyed immortals as a casual solo player but I'm getting to a point where I see the need to pay for ****. Disappointed

Yeah D Immortals was always mobile so was going to be cash cow game.

Hoping D4 is a pay for game like you said.

Im 60(13) on DImm but my lord they cram purchase notifications down your throat

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Yeah D Immortals was always mobile so was going to be cash cow game.

Hoping D4 is a pay for game like you said.

Im 60(13) on DImm but my lord they cram purchase notifications down your throat
I actually digged my copy of D3 for the PS4 out Yesterday, Immortals has given me that scratch so once I'm done with Elden Ring I'm going to start a new campaign on D3.

Reactions: PoPcOrN

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
I actually digged my copy of D3 for the PS4 out Yesterday, Immortals has given me that scratch so once I'm done with Elden Ring I'm going to start a new campaign on D3.

Try Last Epoch if you're looking for a good ARPG.

Reactions: Jicaa

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I'm curious, how have you guys been playing? Like what kind of set up?

Controller with phone attachment?
Tablet?
Normal touch screen controls?

Personally, I've been using a mixture of controller and touch screen controls, however, I have just installed an android emulator to my pc to try.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

Tablet?

Personally, I've been using a mixture of controller and touch screen controls, however, I have just installed an android emulator to my pc to try.
Out of interest, if the game is available on PC and gameplay is saved, why would you need an Emulator to play it?

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
I have to say I liked the idea of Diablo on mobile but dear god the unfair and predatory microtransactions in this game is on a WHOLE new level, its almost as bad as FIFA Mobile except they reset the season and you loose all the money you put in that game. I don't know how you can enjoy this dogshit game when in order to get more power or pvp is to sink in **** loads of money and I am not talking just a few hundred dollars, its said the it takes 110k $ to be able to max out only ONE character meaning you want more you need to sink in the same amount......

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

Tablet?

iPad Pro and Xbox elite controller for me.
I have to say I liked the idea of Diablo on mobile but dear god the unfair and predatory microtransactions in this game is on a WHOLE new level, its almost as bad as FIFA Mobile except they reset the season and you loose all the money you put in that game. I don't know how you can enjoy this dogshit game when in order to get more power or pvp is to sink in **** loads of money and I am not talking just a few hundred dollars, its said the it takes 110k $ to be able to max out only ONE character meaning you want more you need to sink in the same amount......

I legit have no idea what game your playing, we’re rank 14 on the server clan wise and not one of us has spent more then £30 lol and have beaten a good amount of unskilled whale clans to.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Out of interest, if the game is available on PC and gameplay is saved, why would you need an Emulator to play it?
Wait, what? 👀😂 Your telling me its out for PC with no emulator needed? F sake. The whole time I thought it was mobile only. I remember following it when it was announced at E3 and I never heard any mention of this outside of it being for mobile fml.
Wait, what? 👀😂 Your telling me its out for PC with no emulator needed? F sake. The whole time I thought it was mobile only. I remember following it when it was announced at E3 and I never heard any mention of this outside of it being for mobile fml.
A quick google and now I feel a tw@.

Carry on... nothing to see here.

• Haha
Reactions: Skyline

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

A quick google and now I feel a tw@.

Carry on... nothing to see here.

ROFL! 😂😂😂 I did mention it in the original post 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

• Haha
Reactions: Slipmatt

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Everyone knows what Mobile Gaming is like.

But the ones saying "Oh but it's a good game", you may as well be telling people with a gambling addiction "Oh but it's only £10", or people with a drug addiction "Oh it's only one pill"

The people with Gambling and Drug addictions are the very same people that are tricked into these "Good games" and who the money is made from. You are the reason they exist, and not only does it destroy the gaming market that we have seen with our own eyes, dwindling in quality...it's also destroying lives the very same way that Gambling and Drugs do...at least there are measures in place to help reduce it...Gaming companies don't have any barriers and are freely preying on these people. They've also now opened the door to other Triple A's doing the same bullshit...at least it was previously restricted to relatively unknown games for crap like Candy Crush, whats next? Maybe EA will bring out a FIFA Fleecing mobile game too, or have they already? Not that they aren't already doing it on full priced FIFA games, they probably don't need to.

I'm not saying I particularly have a conscious for every person who literally throws their life away from Gambling/Drugs or Mobile Gaming...but don't lie to yourself and say it's a good game and you aren't contributing to the problem by supporting them, because you are lol. Same way people who still support WoW, whilst complaining about the state of their game...whilst being subbed for 10 years straight.

Personally I think anyone who thinks the game is "Good" if this is 4 years of Blizzard quality development, is a lost cause anyhow...all of the above aside. The game is riddled with crashing, it's a bad port, buggy and even the boss mechanics target zone isn't accurate from what i've seen. If anything this solidifies Blizzards new position as the clown of the gaming industry. They may as well stick to this Mobile Game quality, because that seems to be about as much as they are capable of nowadays.

Last edited:

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
The game is pretty boring after a while.

I rather play wordle or some **** like that.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
It isn't a good game from a development standpoint, at all; but I enjoy playing it (a bit of mindless fun with mates and people I've known on LOMCN for a good while now)

Last edited:

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
iPad Pro and Xbox elite controller for me.

I legit have no idea what game your playing, we’re rank 14 on the server clan wise and not one of us has spent more then £30 lol and have beaten a good amount of unskilled whale clans to.
So your telling me you can level your legendary gems ? Your telling me you can get a 5 star 5/5 legendary gem for free? So there is a way to do rifts for legendary gems except for paying 25$ PER RUN ?! You can level your legendary gems to level 10 for FREE then upgrade them with the item that can only be bought with REAL MONEY ?

Lets not talk about PvP you can get 1 shotted by the whales..........oh yea you probably won't be in SILVER, tell me how your doing when your in Legendary...oh wait you need to play 1 year or not even get there.

Can you compete on the leaderboard?

Lets not talk that the game is really bad, they are literally using the same tiles from Diablo 3, there are no innovating systems apart from the predatory microtrasaction system that each system is linked to another system where you need to spend money to progress.

Everyone that spends any money even 1$ on this dogshit game has no idea what the game as a whole is all about and what each system is designed to do, and yea you will tell me how good it is to play, you havent played D3 for 500+ hours, trust me this game is **** oh and your going to say how its FREE TO PLAY, you have no idea what you are talking about , anyone that thinks this is a F2P game is delusional........

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
So your telling me you can level your legendary gems ? Your telling me you can get a 5 star 5/5 legendary gem for free? So there is a way to do rifts for legendary gems except for paying 25$ PER RUN ?! You can level your legendary gems to level 10 for FREE then upgrade them with the item that can only be bought with REAL MONEY ?

Lets not talk about PvP you can get 1 shotted by the whales..........oh yea you probably won't be in SILVER, tell me how your doing when your in Legendary...oh wait you need to play 1 year or not even get there.

Can you compete on the leaderboard?

Lets not talk that the game is really bad, they are literally using the same tiles from Diablo 3, there are no innovating systems apart from the predatory microtrasaction system that each system is linked to another system where you need to spend money to progress.

Everyone that spends any money even 1$ on this dogshit game has no idea what the game as a whole is all about and what each system is designed to do, and yea you will tell me how good it is to play, you havent played D3 for 500+ hours, trust me this game is **** oh and your going to say how its FREE TO PLAY, you have no idea what you are talking about , anyone that thinks this is a F2P game is delusional........

2k dollars on average to get a 5 star gem.

The game is a joke.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
2k dollars on average to get a 5 star gem.

The game is a joke.
No way, you have to be verry lucky to get a 5 star gem on 2k only....

Also to use a quote from ''Chris Wilson"" (the guy from PoE) "Diablo Immortal is not a game" , man he knew even before the game was out.

And the F2P andy's will say oh but its a free game.....

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
The calculation of probability was 90% of people need to spend 10k to get a 5* gem (that doesn't include the guaranteed ?/5 star in every 50 crests)
And that's just a statistic, you could go 25k+ and still not get one as Quin proved (was amusing to watch)

People play what they enjoy, I dont judge people for playing games I despise, as the release isn't their fault, that's down to blizzard, or whoever releases shoddy games.

Urgh PoE... don't get me started.
PoE is stale, their league mechanics are very hit and miss for me, and their 'uber' variants are literally a multiplier on existing stats, they just do everything quicker and more damage.

I love the fact it takes them years to add in QoL stuff, and they still don't think to add it across the board.

Hoping D4 and PoE 2.0 are both decent games so they constantly need to compete with each other, generally game companies get sloppy if people don't have another choice and take their UC for granted *cough* DBD *cough*