How to play KR MIR3

OuYangPlane

LOMCN Member
Jun 24, 2020
Mir3_231021_231156_반야서버_OuYangPlane.png

From now on, I will play the MIR3 Korean server. I will update my updates here. If you have any questions, you can ask them. Regarding how to enter the game, you can see here (language simulation environment software needs to be installed to solve the garbled problem)In the future, I will also cooperate with FAR to accelerate the development of MIR3 in GIT (my ability can only provide information) HERE:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I've renamed the thread title to be more accurate.

Be good to see some posts in this section.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I'd hazard a guess, the 'locale simulator' has nothing to do with windows OS but with changing the game language.

He right clicked on the Mir3 (Mir3.exe not Mir3Game.exe) and in the context menu chose Modify the configuration...
1697907781432.png

In this next panel that opens, its drop down menu had 'Japanese (Japan)' selected (that is why at the top in the first image it said 'Run in Japanese'

He chose 'Korean (South Korea)' ->'韩语(韩国 )' and also changed the time to (UTC+09:00) Seoul -> (UTC+09:00)首尔
Then he checkmarked the Run with administration rights, wrote KOREA in the top field and saved the configuration.

1697908901298.png

Then he opens Mir3 launcher panel (by starting Mir3.exe) and closes it after checking that it is not downloading patch files... and this time he right clicks it and in the context menu, chooses 'Korean store'
1697910208087.png

Apparently this 'Korean store' starts the launcher and this time it begins to download patch list
1697911267135.png

After that not sure what is being done, if he is using that ChgMirDir.exe or just calling attention to it, but it somehow then vanishes and...

Here he is just stopping the screen recording, nothing to do with starting mir3 ;)
1697912089223.png

All of this is perhaps to insure that in game you see the Korean language correctly (not garbled), or maybe translated, in his case to Chinese? Also it might enable the launcher patching. I won't be trying it out but it would all become clear if you actually try to do it hands on.

Last edited:
Reactions: OuYangPlane and Jev

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I'd hazard a guess, the 'locale simulator' has nothing to do with windows OS but with changing the game language.
View attachment 32952

Here I believe he is choosing Chinese lang.
Ahh yes you are right, I remember the OP once showed me the same Emulator but showed me how to get it to work with Korean Mir 2.

I wonder if we could take the Github code, Edit it to suit our needs. Could have like a launcher for the officialKorean Mir 2/3 but with built in Translations.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I have massively edited my post. It looks like it enables you to start the game and have the patcher work if you are outside Korea (I suppose VPN would not be enough?).
Probably making your game acct is a separate mater, another hurdle to overcome?

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I have massively edited my post. It looks like it enables you to start the game and have the patcher work if you are outside Korea. Probably making your game acct is a separate mater, also a hurdle to overcome?
From my knowledge creating an in game account for either Mir 2 or 3 is hard.
Account creation requires a Chinese ID, Address, Phone number etc

OuYangPlane

LOMCN Member
Jun 24, 2020

He right clicked on the Mir3 (Mir3.exe not Mir3Game.exe) and in the context menu chose Modify the configuration...
View attachment 32961

In this next panel that opens, its drop down menu had 'Japanese (Japan)' selected (that is why at the top in the first image it said 'Run in Japanese'

He chose 'Korean (South Korea)' ->'韩语(韩国 )' and also changed the time to (UTC+09:00) Seoul -> (UTC+09:00)首尔
Then he checkmarked the Run with administration rights, wrote KOREA in the top field and saved the configuration.

View attachment 32962

Then he opens Mir3 launcher panel (by starting Mir3.exe) and closes it after checking that it is not downloading patch files... and this time he right clicks it and in the context menu, chooses 'Korean store'
View attachment 32963

Apparently this 'Korean store' starts the launcher and this time it begins to download patch list
View attachment 32964

After that not sure what is being done, if he is using that ChgMirDir.exe or just calling attention to it, but it somehow then vanishes and...

Here he is just stopping the screen recording, nothing to do with starting mir3 ;)
View attachment 32965

All of this is perhaps to insure that in game you see the Korean language correctly (not garbled), or maybe translated, in his case to Chinese? Also it might enable the launcher patching. I won't be trying it out but it would all become clear if you actually try to do it hands on.
In most foreign language systems, Korean will appear garbled. At this time, you only need to download and install it. I deleted CHGMIR.exe because it is necessary for non-Korean language systems to enter the game. You only need to delete it after the launcher completes the download. And enter the game and the game will automatically close. Click the launcher again. After the launcher is downloaded, delete it again and the game will enter normally.
Post automatically merged:

Your idea is not completely correct. In the eyes of the Chinese, South Korea is the official complete server. To register it, you need a Korean ID card and a phone number. To register for Chinese MIR, you also need a Chinese ID card and phone number. But Chinese MIR is not fun. It Not worth your consumption
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 32937

From now on, I will play the MIR3 Korean server. I will update my updates here. If you have any questions, you can ask them. Regarding how to enter the game, you can see here (language simulation environment software needs to be installed to solve the garbled problem)In the future, I will also cooperate with FAR to accelerate the development of MIR3 in GIT (my ability can only provide information) HERE:

Overall experience: When I entered the world of MIR3, I felt an experience I had never had in the zircon project. It was very smooth! And the option of "picture sharpening" is provided in the options. It is very fast to walk without feeling the frame-by-frame picture effect. The game provides a resolution of 800-1920, which is divided into 2 types of status bars, one is for short 800 status bar (I think it is necessary for the zircon project to provide support for this resolution, I really like it, very mini and light, a real MIRER will not only play with one account! Please FAR!), one for 1024 The above resolution belongs to long status bar

1697933687827.png
1697933711957.png

It is worth mentioning that the window of any NPC or dialog box will not be larger than the 800X600 resolution but will just fit the size, so there is no need to worry about the resolution under 800 being affected.

Last edited: