Mir1 Map Editor and game maps queries

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I see that the Crystal M2 map editor included in the source code files was altered for use with Mir1. Did you have to build those client maps or did the map set in the client come from somewhere?

Can't alter maps at all, they don't save properly. When you open an existing map, make any alteration or even do nothing and save it, it offers to save a 'Custom Map.Map' and when you re-open this custom map, it is blank. If you choose to overwrite the existing map you were editing, the map is destroyed, reopens it blank with a line of scattered tiles along the left vertical margin.

To start with, when you open an existing map and then save it, with or without any editing, it should just save without opening that 'custom map' dialog and only pop up that panel saying that the map was saved. That custom map dialog should open only when you make a new map (canvas) and are saving it (ie, not opening an existing map)

This needs fixing by someone who knows what he is doing. On second thought, maybe there is a new alternative way to save maps (for whatever reason) and that Crystal Editor saving command should not be used?

I like the new panel on the right that lists the maps for loading in the map editor panel. Otherwise I suppose many features this editor offers cannot be used on these mir1 maps.

BTW how do you make non-walking areas? Are the ground tiles for water and tags automatically non-walkable? I can't find out since maps cannot be saved. Clearly the front and back non-walking mask tags are not used on these maps, or at least they don't display those red/yellow mask.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I see that the Crystal M2 map editor included in the source code files was altered for use with Mir1. Did you have to build the maps or was the map set in the client gotten from somewhere?

Can't alter maps at all, they don't save properly. When you open an existing map, make any alteration or even do nothing and save it, it offers to save a 'Custom Map.Map' and when you re-open this custom map, it is blank. If you choose to overwrite the existing map you were editing, the map is destroyed, reopens it blank with a line of scattered tiles along the left vertical margin.

To start with, when you open an existing map and then save it, with or without any editing, it should just save without opening that 'custom map' dialog and only pop up that panel saying that the map was saved. That custom map dialog should open only when you make a new map (canvas) and are saving it (ie, not opening an existing map)

This needs fixing by someone who knows what he is doing. On second thought, maybe there is a new alternative way to save maps (for whatever reason) and that Crystal Editor saving command should not be used?

I like the new panel on the right that lists the maps for loading in the map editor panel. Otherwise I suppose many features this editor offers cannot be used on these mir1 maps.

BTW how do you make non-walking areas? Are the ground tiles for water and tags automatically non-walkable? I can't find out since maps cannot be saved. Clearly the front and back non-walking mask tags are not used on these maps, or at least they don't display those red/yellow mask.
I didn't touch the map editor other than adding the treeview, @Lilcooldoode can take the rap for this one ;)

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
@Jev has a short memory.

View attachment 34457

Was just something I threw together so he could view maps for sorting map movements
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Too many bangs on the head as a child, My bad :kekw:

• Haha
Reactions: Hurricane and Chriz

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Saving maps is quite essential LOL, I don't see how it could go unnoticed, fall through the crack in floor.
I take it then, you got those client maps somewhere as you couldn't have made them from those supplied libs.

I didn't look at the code yet but offhand I would have thought the map saving didn't need to be touched, given it uses Crystal map format.

There is probably some 'routing misdirection' in the save code process. When you open an existing map and save it, it treats it as if you made a new map from scratch... and it offers to save it as a 'Custom map.Map'.

It does save objects.X though, you can put them on new (or existing) map and save (as you would expect) as a 'Custom map.Map', except that if you then re-open that saved map, it is a blank white expanse...

Last edited: