Mir 3 DarkSide
Likes Likes:  2

Anyone else miss the GNO forums?

Sometimes the forums were even more fun than actually playing mir.

Here's what I miss about them:

• Server drama - whenever something BIG happened ingame, it would get a HUGE thread on the forums. Players from all the guilds would jump to the forums and start discussing it.

• The outer-world off-topic forum. This place was a goldmine of entertainment.

• Faces of Bichon - people ripping into each other who were enemies in game. "This ugly **** stole my dragon rings"

• Deluded P Server players thinking they will ever be as good as D server players

• Weird fan fiction stories written by players (It was at this point I realized I was sharing a game with a bunch of weirdo's)
    Equinox Lv 41 Wizard D Server

2. HispaRed
  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2

Re: Anyone else miss the GNO forums?

Just a shame Game Network let Mir/Soma goto ruin

[OO\Skyline/OO]

Quote Originally Posted by Equinnox View Post
    Sometimes the forums were even more fun than actually playing mir.

Here's what I miss about them:

• Server drama - whenever something BIG happened ingame, it would get a HUGE thread on the forums. Players from all the guilds would jump to the forums and start discussing it.

• The outer-world off-topic forum. This place was a goldmine of entertainment.

• Faces of Bichon - people ripping into each other who were enemies in game. "This ugly **** stole my dragon rings"

• Deluded P Server players thinking they will ever be as good as D server players

• Weird fan fiction stories written by players (It was at this point I realized I was sharing a game with a bunch of weirdo's)

those old forums around 2002 were ace i remember reaching 1k posts to get my avatar, having a sig was big time thing aswell hehe

Loved those forums, spent far too long on them though. Got to something like 9800 posts, banned too many times to remember usually by power tripping mods like enembuis (could of been squalion on the acc.. dunno but he seemed sound in the end). Being m8's with alaria had its perks, hence usually being allowed back.

Some of the forum posts were awesome, the tracyB one (first time i'd seen a piercing there).. the one created for when Ben was setting off on his journey to lose his virginity to sexypinkxx.. can't really remember others but fun times.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5

Quote Originally Posted by Emzie View Post
    Loved those forums, spent far too long on them though. Got to something like 9800 posts, banned too many times to remember usually by power tripping mods like enembuis (could of been squalion on the acc.. dunno but he seemed sound in the end). Being m8's with alaria had its perks, hence usually being allowed back.

Some of the forum posts were awesome, the tracyB one (first time i'd seen a piercing there).. the one created for when Ben was setting off on his journey to lose his virginity to sexypinkxx.. can't really remember others but fun times.
    Do you think Ben lost his virginity to sexypink?

[OO\Skyline/OO]

Quote Originally Posted by daneo1989 View Post
    Do you think Ben lost his virginity to sexypink?
    I remember her telling everyone in guild chat it was 10 seconds of awkwardness.

Pretty sure she got with Ult then, he on here these days? not seen him on servers I been on.

Quote Originally Posted by daneo1989 View Post
    Just a shame Game Network let Mir/Soma goto ruin
    We can't just blame GNO here. The people in korea/china might have blocked them from licensing anymore content thus leading to the games death.
    Equinox Lv 41 Wizard D Server

Quote Originally Posted by Equinnox View Post
    We can't just blame GNO here. The people in korea/china might have blocked them from licensing anymore content thus leading to the games death.
    This, quite a lot of the Asian games that come over here don't often last very long, due to their licencing costs, I've seen many European game servers die for this reason alone, not because they're badly run but because it's just not financially feasible to keep running, they are a business after all.

Those forums were fun to read back in the day, I tried to buy/sell on there, never happened lol.