Anyone else miss the GNO forums?

Equinnox

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 22, 2017
Sometimes the forums were even more fun than actually playing mir.

Here's what I miss about them:

• Server drama - whenever something BIG happened ingame, it would get a HUGE thread on the forums. Players from all the guilds would jump to the forums and start discussing it.

• The outer-world off-topic forum. This place was a goldmine of entertainment.

• Faces of Bichon - people ripping into each other who were enemies in game. "This ugly **** stole my dragon rings"

• Deluded P Server players thinking they will ever be as good as D server players

• Weird fan fiction stories written by players (It was at this point I realized I was sharing a game with a bunch of weirdo's)

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
Sometimes the forums were even more fun than actually playing mir.

Here's what I miss about them:

• Server drama - whenever something BIG happened ingame, it would get a HUGE thread on the forums. Players from all the guilds would jump to the forums and start discussing it.

• The outer-world off-topic forum. This place was a goldmine of entertainment.

• Faces of Bichon - people ripping into each other who were enemies in game. "This ugly **** stole my dragon rings"

• Deluded P Server players thinking they will ever be as good as D server players

• Weird fan fiction stories written by players (It was at this point I realized I was sharing a game with a bunch of weirdo's)

those old forums around 2002 were ace i remember reaching 1k posts to get my avatar, having a sig was big time thing aswell hehe

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Loved those forums, spent far too long on them though. Got to something like 9800 posts, banned too many times to remember usually by power tripping mods like enembuis (could of been squalion on the acc.. dunno but he seemed sound in the end). Being m8's with alaria had its perks, hence usually being allowed back.

Some of the forum posts were awesome, the tracyB one (first time i'd seen a piercing there).. the one created for when Ben was setting off on his journey to lose his virginity to sexypinkxx.. can't really remember others but fun times.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Loved those forums, spent far too long on them though. Got to something like 9800 posts, banned too many times to remember usually by power tripping mods like enembuis (could of been squalion on the acc.. dunno but he seemed sound in the end). Being m8's with alaria had its perks, hence usually being allowed back.

Some of the forum posts were awesome, the tracyB one (first time i'd seen a piercing there).. the one created for when Ben was setting off on his journey to lose his virginity to sexypinkxx.. can't really remember others but fun times.

Do you think Ben lost his virginity to sexypink?

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Do you think Ben lost his virginity to sexypink?

I remember her telling everyone in guild chat it was 10 seconds of awkwardness.

Pretty sure she got with Ult then, he on here these days? not seen him on servers I been on.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
We can't just blame GNO here. The people in korea/china might have blocked them from licensing anymore content thus leading to the games death.

This, quite a lot of the Asian games that come over here don't often last very long, due to their licencing costs, I've seen many European game servers die for this reason alone, not because they're badly run but because it's just not financially feasible to keep running, they are a business after all.

Those forums were fun to read back in the day, I tried to buy/sell on there, never happened lol.