Having a little private play around with the Zircon files

smoochy boys on tour

Easymode

Banned
Banned
Aug 19, 2018
ilsCmt9.png

What is it?

- Open-Sourced development bringing Mir2 Lib (also supporting mir3 libs) content to the latest Mir Client (Zircon)

- Low-latency (China player base compatible) high-performance network architecture never seen before in other server files to-date.

- MySQL Database for transaction data.

Screenshots

6zyjD7C.jpg
Char select screen test

zlZkl23.jpg

Mir2 Map / Player / Monster Library supported

IlWn5eA.png

MIR2 Weapons supported.

I have three objectives they are as follow,

1) Learn more about Mir Server development but from scratch, I know there is https://github.com/Suprcode/mir2 but I feel more comfortable starting a fresh Server to learn the ropes. I am keen on problem solving and we know Mir has had it's fair of server side bugs from day 1 it'd be nice to solve them problems with these files. I'm only human thought so I may make mistakes, but I can try.

2) Start looking at adding Mir2 Content to the Server under the current Zircon Client (23/08/2018)
3) release server files to GitHub at milestones and collaborate with interested parties. PM's welcome.

What's done so far?

Client
- Mir2 Map Support Wemade/Shanda.
- Mir2 Library support: Map, Player, Mob, Items, NPC

Server
- Supports multiple clients
- Threading
- RPC-like Packet support

GamePlay
- Movement (walk, run, rotate)
- Melee Attack
- Harvesting
- Very early immature basic Attack System

Other
- Basic Chat

Todo list

- SQL Database (Account DB, Characters DB, Mob DB)
- Basic Mob System (spawn/movement/death/attack/drops)

Test Server

Yep there's already a test server, download the zircon client (play it a bit) and then PM me for the IP address and files.

Disclaimer
I will open source on GitHub
I will not sell any files
I will not run a gameshop, not interested in pay-to-win fab, it destroyed Mir 2.
I may run a mir2 server , I may not.
I will not release client related source/files. other than client files as is with Patcher to modify client to effectively run harmoniously with the mir2 server, including but not limited to Zircon.exe and other files within the client directory and sub-directories.
I endeavour to help and work with others to produce these files as a open-source project, however I can't teach you to code.

I know some people find it hard to swallow that I am making an open source mir2 server for jamies latest client but let me remind us all, ALL of the content we've seen through the years including original clients came from someone else, let's all come together hold hands, cuddle and relax... no aggressive attitude please!

Attachments

• Zvhzfb9.jpg
    Zvhzfb9.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 934
  • t91bR99.jpg
    t91bR99.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 834
Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I can't stop you from using my client.

Firstly: Whilst it should be obvious I will state the point anyway I will never provide support or any form of assistance to do with your project no matter how trivial.

Secondly: You might find it rather difficult to force a server to conform to the client, so much so that its probably easier to rebuild a client along with the server.

Thirdly: This should be posted in the Mir 3 Section and not Zircon Section, Since I don't have permission to move topics to that section I will hope one of our glorious admins/Moderators move it.

---------- Post Merged at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Thanks, Beautiful person.

Easymode

Banned
Banned
Aug 19, 2018
Jamie .

No problem I don’t expect support as I am sure you are a busy guy with your server Atm - sweet client btw one of the best I’ve used in Mir in a long time and probably the least secure given that it’s written in .net however that’s understandable from the high speed deployment aspect C sharp offers. Have you thought about switching the .net binary serialisation to another implementation ?! Such as Google’s flatbuf or protobuf . When making my 3D mmorpg I used protobuf and got huge performance increase at both client and server end.

Thanks for your suggestion Although so far (early days) not having too much trouble designing my server around your client, I think the trouble is mostly going to be around mir2 maps in your map format either I downright convert them or modify the client Source to accept mir2 map format. Since playing your server I presume Spells / mobs / items will need adding and that’s fine nothing like a bit of work to do getting the base up first is my main goal. I won’t lie I slightly hoped a lot of the base content exists already but we will see how much it differs.

I really like the armour colour system it’s very nice makes the player look unique over seeing the same skins time after time nice touch and I’d like to keep that because it really is part of the overall visual facelift of the client .

Anyone else is welcome to contribute If they fancy a challenge I am going to be pushing this on a github and keep updated in this thread with progress .

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I find it strange you're trying to build a mir2 server based on a client thats tried to be based around mir3. Since you're not really bothered about being restricted by a closed client, why aren't you using the marble client?

PS. In comes Zedina to jump on this

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I have no need to obsfunction my client, all most all of the work is done server side. I would much favour troubleshooting than trying to hide code.

Just curious,

Why not use the Crystal files?

They are available etc.

Easymode

Banned
Banned
Aug 19, 2018
Far,

It's not closed in a sense that I cannot modify it. If the client was written in delphi or c++ then yeah that'd be awkward. The Zircon.exe is written in C# which in layman's terms is compiled on runtime on windows therefore the executable lives as IL but that can be decompiled and recompiled back to source easily, and in my case I have the client as a .csproj in visual studio 2018. And quite frankly it's a sweet client, sure it's missing mir2 stuff but it offers a lot and can easily be extended upon no problem and fork off in a different direction.

---------- Post Merged at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:15 PM ----------

I have no need to obsfunction my client, all most all of the work is done server side. I would much favour troubleshooting than trying to hide code.

Just curious,

Why not use the Crystal files?

They are available etc.

Yeah the server needs to be priority, all clients can be modified, gameguards bypassed ... although wow's random download of a client sanity check modular execution approach sneakily during gameplay was a good one from blizzard.

Quite frankly to answer that question, current state of client and writing a server for it was the first approach, second approach is modifications, yeah I know I could of started from crystal files but I'd never of been happy plus I really like your library.dll :)

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Jamie .

No problem I don’t expect support as I am sure you are a busy guy with your server Atm - sweet client btw one of the best I’ve used in Mir in a long time and probably the least secure given that it’s written in .net however that’s understandable from the high speed deployment aspect C sharp offers. Have you thought about switching the .net binary serialisation to another implementation ?! Such as Google’s flatbuf or protobuf . When making my 3D mmorpg I used protobuf and got huge performance increase at both client and server end.

Thanks for your suggestion Although so far (early days) not having too much trouble designing my server around your client, I think the trouble is mostly going to be around mir2 maps in your map format either I downright convert them or modify the client Source to accept mir2 map format. Since playing your server I presume Spells / mobs / items will need adding and that’s fine nothing like a bit of work to do getting the base up first is my main goal. I won’t lie I slightly hoped a lot of the base content exists already but we will see how much it differs.

I really like the armour colour system it’s very nice makes the player look unique over seeing the same skins time after time nice touch and I’d like to keep that because it really is part of the overall visual facelift of the client .

Anyone else is welcome to contribute If they fancy a challenge I am going to be pushing this on a github and keep updated in this thread with progress .

Struggling to see why you are choosing to strip out a mir3 client to use it on mir2.

You could take his marble client and work that, or make a rival open source mir3 given Mir3 has no open source server files and has been waiting for some for years.

From my understanding, and i could be wrong, the image files for mir3 are slightly different for mir2. So the "look" you are seeing on Zircon is also down to it using different images so reverting back to mir2 image libraries might not give you what you are expecting. Things like recolouring armours i think is down to the images of mir3. It is a feature thats always been on any mir3 servers not just Jamies.

Seems quite fishy a new account being created specifically to rip/rebuild Zircon. Do you know Zedina by any chance? He hasn't liked anything you have posted yet so you might not be. If you are not associated with him and trying to do anything mir3 related then be prepared for his wrath of negative rep.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Far,

It's not closed in a sense that I cannot modify it. If the client was written in delphi or c++ then yeah that'd be awkward. The Zircon.exe is written in C# which in layman's terms is compiled on runtime on windows therefore the executable lives as IL but that can be decompiled and recompiled back to source easily, and in my case I have the client as a .csproj in visual studio 2018. And quite frankly it's a sweet client, sure it's missing mir2 stuff but it offers a lot and can easily be extended upon no problem and fork off in a different direction.

Sure, it just seems like an odd choice to choose a mir 3 client - when both Marble and Crystal Mir2 files are out there, and really not that much different in terms of architecture - nothing that couldn't be "extended" upon anyway.

Learn more about Mir Server development but from scratch, I know there is https://github.com/Suprcode/mir2 but I feel more comfortable starting a fresh Server and getting my head around a few things, I didn't fancy the whole mess of modifying older server files to try and become compatible with Zircon's current client.

Your reasoning of starting a fresh server as you don't want to modify an existing source seems to come to a complete halt when you're going to need to modify an existing client to become compatible with mir 2 and your server?

Easymode

Banned
Banned
Aug 19, 2018
Well each to their own opinions, I'll keep the updates flowing in and when and where, and no I don't know that person, sounds like you all had fun at one point though.

I am doing this mostly for my own experiences and to play around, I expect there to be *difference between the mir2 content and mir3 but I am enjoying myself which is what matters, if the project gets to a reasonable state expect to see a github and maybe a test server.

Last edited:

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Well each to their own opinions, I'll keep the updates flowing in and when and where, and no I don't know that person, sounds like you all had fun at one point though.

I am doing this mostly for my own experiences and to play around, I expect there to be indifference between the mir2 content and mir3 but I am enjoying myself which is what matters, if the project gets to a reasonable state expect to see a github and maybe a test server.

Thats what its all about keep them screenies coming, looking forward to testing it out.

Easymode

Banned
Banned
Aug 19, 2018
It's me, sorry.

:) that made me chuckle.

Just taking part in the mir community after long time playing old euro mir , I have lurked but no account, time to partake.

The paranoia always this bad? don't worry I'm not interested in that stuff, just work on my own server files and release on github as I hit milestones, all help is welcome and only interested in positive opinions, any negativity usually goes in /dev/null

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
The paranoia always this bad? don't worry I'm not interested in that stuff, just work on my own server files and release on github as I hit milestones, all help is welcome and only interested in positive opinions, any negativity usually goes in /dev/null

Your files or mine?

I can't say I am all that happy about it though.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
It's like he's stealing our carrots, then creating his own farm with them :hopelessness:

For the record Jamie if you have any issue with this, you can say so to Tai and they'll never be allowed to advertise here, as per the LOMCN Forum rules.

I do wish him the best of luck though :topsy_turvy: