Having a little private play around with the Zircon files

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Isn't that exactly what every mir private server has done ever including zircon ? :applouse:

Yup, we are all essentially theives stealing off of a company that gave us our beloved Mir, and then ran it into the ground and refused to release anything in the West again > so we adapted, we made things ourselves using them as a base. The entire point of this forum, in fact. And yet, everyone flocks to Jamies servers for a reason. They're good. They're well coded. They have a lot of unique features, all created by himself. A lot of work went into creating both Marble and Zircon - I'm asking why can't this fellow do the same? If he's as good as he claims he'll be a server owner, surely he doesn't need Zircon's client to do it.

It's also the way he went about it that rather pisses us off. Rather than send us a PM asking for permission or making a thread here stating he would like to - he immediately began coming onto our discord and asking for help with his new "creation" and created this thread stating he's making his own server with his own files... with our client. All I see is a callous disregard for other people's work. I'm sure he'll carry on regardless of this threads outcome, but it's disappointing that that's the type of behaviour we're encouraging.

This user has clearly been here before and is using a freshly made account to hide from that fact. At first he says this is his first time ever here, and yet has knowledge a newbie wouldn't have, and claims he side-stepped Crystal files as a client base "a while ago". This'll be my last post on the matter as it's either one very clever elaborate troll and he can take my medal, or he's really the person I've depicted above and deserves no further attention.

Last edited:

Easymode

Banned
Banned
Aug 19, 2018
Side stepped crystal before I started work on the project. Yes. not lying about that. as in googled it, found it wasn't to my taste, and moved forward to work on this.

I actually asked permission in my original post I said if jamie has a problem can remove it....

secondly I didn't ask for help with my project on there, I just said are the maps custom maps and how to view them... WAIT that's about my Server?! what no I'm curious of viewing maps for zircon lol! . So Please dont lie, is that your only way of putting things across and alienating others by doing so... fine by me but that's not healthy.

Disregard, okay then fella... sorry I came to Zircon's forum and specifically addressed jamie in my thread and it got moved... not lomcn clone forum or anything like that, I could of simply not said anything and put it on github in due time, why should I PM anyone I'm grown enough to post a thread... and take the heat which clearly all you are doing is giving heat.

For those normal people who see the irony behind all this... laughing it off trust me.

Updated OP to reflect progress and vision.

Last edited:

rayray

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 26, 2011
Yup, we are all essentially theives stealing off of a company that gave us our beloved Mir, and then ran it into the ground and refused to release anything in the West again > so we adapted, we made things ourselves using them as a base. The entire point of this forum, in fact. And yet, everyone flocks to Jamies servers for a reason. They're good. They're well coded. They have a lot of unique features, all created by himself. A lot of work went into creating both Marble and Zircon - I'm asking why can't this fellow do the same? If he's as good as he claims he'll be a server owner, surely he doesn't need Zircon's client to do it.

It's also the way he went about it that rather pisses us off. Rather than send us a PM asking for permission or making a thread here stating he would like to - he immediately began coming onto our discord and asking for help with his new "creation" and created this thread stating he's making his own server with his own files... with our client. All I see is a callous disregard for other people's work. I'm sure he'll carry on regardless of this threads outcome, but it's disappointing that that's the type of behaviour we're encouraging.

Can't disagree with any of that, they were good they have unique features not all of them good mind you (a lot of them are good also) but they are there none the less,

If you look back on the history of lomcn and the servers its produced its few and far between that a server is launched with its own client made from scratch, most of the server owners just aren't capable, most aren't even capable of creating there own DB so i can only imagine this guy is the same.

Jamie is usually pretty fast with the ban hammer on discord so i'm sure he didn't last long but yeah if he's done that he definitely gone about it the wrong way, but i can only imagine he would have gotten the same response no matter how it was approached.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Jamie is usually pretty fast with the ban hammer on discord

You can't expect me who wields such power on Discord to not abuse it from time to time.

It's like being given a big shiny button and told not to press it.

If the Reddit's button experiment from a few years ago is anything to go by, I made it to 58 Seconds before pushing it... (It starts counting down from 60, so its not a good score)

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
You can't expect me who wields such power on Discord to not abuse it from time to time.

It's like being given a big shiny button and told not to press it.

If the Reddit's button experiment from a few years ago is anything to go by, I made it to 58 Seconds before pushing it... (It starts counting down from 60, so its not a good score)

....59 here. Guilty as charged.

Easymode

Banned
Banned
Aug 19, 2018
Can't disagree with any of that, they were good they have unique features not all of them good mind you (a lot of them are good also) but they are there none the less,

If you look back on the history of lomcn and the servers its produced its few and far between that a server is launched with its own client made from scratch, most of the server owners just aren't capable, most aren't even capable of creating there own DB so i can only imagine this guy is the same.

Jamie is usually pretty fast with the ban hammer on discord so i'm sure he didn't last long but yeah if he's done that he definitely gone about it the wrong way, but i can only imagine he would have gotten the same response no matter how it was approached.

Actually i didnt ask for help on the discord regarding this projectr, only how to view the map files of Zircon which is a common thing in mir to view the files, I've never viewed mir3 files before only mir2 was curious about them that's all, so anyone asking such a question is immediately a bad guy ? i think not. . and i explained my reason why I'm not making a client in previous posts regarding time and family and quite frankly there's already a great client around im making a server for it and patching it where need be, even if it starts off as a mir3 server for the time being and forks to mir2 later.. either way :) all good.

Notwhatyouthink

Banned
Banned
May 7, 2018

This user has clearly been here before and is using a freshly made account to hide from that fact. At first he says this is his first time ever here, and yet has knowledge a newbie wouldn't have, and claims he side-stepped Crystal files as a client base "a while ago". This'll be my last post on the matter as it's either one very clever elaborate troll and he can take my medal, or he's really the person I've depicted above and deserves no further attention.

Why so many We's in your replies?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Why so many We's in your replies?

LoL.png

All 3 of which are referring LOMCN as a whole. :couple_inlove:

But it warms my heart, I'm so glad the Thief who stole peoples kits and got banned from Zircon cares so greatly about contribution :highly_amused:

Stop borrowing your brothers internet connection and log off before you embarrass yourself further.

Notwhatyouthink

Banned
Banned
May 7, 2018
View attachment 19967

But it warms my heart, I'm so glad the Thief who stole peoples kits and got banned from Zircon cares so greatly about contribution :highly_amused:

Stop borrowing your brothers internet connection and log off before you embarrass yourself further.

I dont borrow anyone's internet connection.... you been smoking more than arse crack today?

I dont care about contribution , i care about drama - and this will cause a shitstorm of drama if it all goes well.

I hope the guy makes it all working and releases to the public just to spite Jamie (You notice i didnt say YOU) ?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
View attachment 19967

Going to need a Senzu bean for that one.

I dont borrow steal anyone's internet connection.... you been smoking more than arse crack today?

Fixed.

Notwhatyouthink

Banned
Banned
May 7, 2018
Koriban's been sharing the arse crack Jamie?

I pay alot of money for my internet, so not sure how i can steal it?

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
My open-source Server files for the Mir2 using the latest Zircon Client (patched out)

To iterate, Jamie said he can't stop anyone using the client and doesn't even agree with it being the correct approach, but regardless this doesn't matter anyway as the open-source Server files will not be including a client in any source form, however a patcher will be included for any modifications to the client.

You are free to support the project by making your own client if you wish to.

Screenshots

https://i.imgur.com/6zyjD7C.jpg

View attachment 19956
Char select screen test

https://i.imgur.com/Zvhzfb9.jpg

View attachment 19957
First time ingame test.

I have three objectives they are as follow,

1) Learn more about Mir Server development but from scratch, I know there is https://github.com/Suprcode/mir2 but I feel more comfortable starting a fresh Server to learn the ropes. I am keen on problem solving and we know Mir has had it's fair of server side bugs from day 1 it'd be nice to solve them problems with these files. I'm only human thought so I may make mistakes, but I can try.

2) Start looking at adding Mir2 Content to the Server under the current Zircon Client (23/08/2018)
3) release server files to GitHub at milestones and collaborate with interested parties. PM's welcome.

What's done so far?

Server
- Supports multiple clients
- Threading
- RPC-like Packet support

GamePlay
- Movement (walk, run, rotate)
- Melee Attack
- Harvesting
- Very early immature basic Attack System

Other
- Basic Chat

https://i.imgur.com/t91bR99.jpg
View attachment 19964
Testing spell ready, flaming sword attack on another client. Getting ready for some PVP support.

What you working on atm? -- 24/08/2018

- SQL Database (Account DB, Characters DB, Mob DB)
- Basic Mob System (spawn/movement/death/attack/drops)

Test Serve

Yep there's already a test server, download the zircon client (play it a bit) and then PM me for the IP address.

Disclaimer
I will open source on GitHub
I will not sell any files
I will not run a gameshop, not interested in pay-to-win fab, it destroyed Mir 2.
I may run a mir2 server , I may not.
I will not release client related source/files. other than client files as is with Patcher to modify client to effectively run harmoniously with the mir2 server, including but not limited to Zircon.exe and other files within the client directory and sub-directories.
I endeavour to help and work with others to produce these files as a open-source project, however I can't teach you to code.

I know some people find it hard to swallow that I am making an open source mir2 server for jamies latest client but let me remind us all, ALL of the content we've seen through the years including original clients came from someone else, let's all come together hold hands, cuddle and relax... no aggressive attitude please!

Welcome decoder!
I hope the admins not try to bans u quickly..
I wish u all the best to this work u are doing to give to comunity a choice, not the old and bad files have actually.

human-hands-clapping-applause-clap-vector-16302079.jpg

once again, be strong about angry ppl XD
and good job! ;)

Easymode

Banned
Banned
Aug 19, 2018
Welcome decoder!
I hope the admins not try to bans u quickly..
I wish u all the best to this work u are doing to give to comunity a choice, not the old and bad files have actually.

human-hands-clapping-applause-clap-vector-16302079.jpg

once again, be strong about angry ppl XD
and good job! ;)

I don't have any emotional energy towards angry people so it's alright, thank you again!

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I dont care about contribution , i care about drama -

I wish my life was as exciting as yours.

-
On topic.

This whole argument will go nowhere, as the line was already crossed. Yes the community is in essence based on 'stolen' assets. So it is contradictory to say that its OK for you to do that, yet not OK for someone else to use 'your' work.

Bottom line here is most (not all) people here have no morals, they will take what they can grab if they think it will get them a few £. You won't change their minds.

Easymode

Banned
Banned
Aug 19, 2018
I wish my life was as exciting as yours.

-
On topic.

This whole argument will go nowhere, as the line was already crossed. Yes the community is in essence based on 'stolen' assets. So it is contradictory to say that its OK for you to do that, yet not OK for someone else to use 'your' work.

Bottom line here is most (not all) people here have no morals, they will take what they can grab if they think it will get them a few £. You won't change their minds.

Good thing I'm not looking for money then.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Good luck dude, hope it goes well.

Ignore these lot, using an external client is something we have all done for years, don't see what the issue is. When you have finished the server, create a client too, no rush.

Reactions: Alecs