Server Adverts

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
as I am looking to create and publish a server, I was wondering, what should/shouldn't go into a server advert?

I want to boast about features and such but I don't want to bore readers to death with how features work and such!

Edit:
does this forum support .gifs in posts / what is the total single post size you can have?- if there is a limit

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
as I am looking to create and publish a server, I was wondering, what should/shouldn't go into a server advert?

I want to boast about features and such but I don't want to bore readers to death with how features work and such!

Edit:
does this forum support .gifs in posts / what is the total single post size you can have?- if there is a limit

Sorry I fell asleep after the first sentence.

What were you asking?

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
More pics and moving words the better.

Nobody wants to read a slab of text , maximum images videos is best

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
More pics and moving words the better.

Nobody wants to read a slab of text , maximum images videos is best

Plenty of images are nice but sweet and simple descriptions, with idiot proof explanations of systems you've added if any wold be an absolute gem. Pictures to compliment. Sanjan did a nice advert I think.

Edit: All pictures need a purpose, don't post pictures of every dungeon ingame full of 1000 mobs surrounding a character in humup mode with GM above their head.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
It's an advert, so short and sweet with relevant info to the point with a few eye catching images - then give us a link to a website/forum/whatever where you go into actual depth on what exactly you've done, changed, made anew even if this means doing the above and showing pictures of every dungeon ingame and a billion mobs, some people would like to see that, just not in the original advert.