looking for orginal interface

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
yes and yes, with the second yes valid for high rates, there however nobody enters caves on foot, at least not on those I played (they even make it not possible), so

of course the 'cut scene' would play only for the main entrance (outdoor to indoor) but really KRs would deserve it also and province border crossings too

I got the idea from testing 'single purpose npcs', like I made storage npc to only server storage with its other functions, like mailman served by mailman npc, etc. The idea is that you click on storage npc and it directly opens storage window, you click on special repair blacksmiths and instead of ['Hi, I am John, what can I do for you today - (linked) "Special Repair"] it directly opens up the special repair panel window...

basically you dispense with the blah blah from npcs because Quote:> "thematically it would be interesting, for the players probably annoying after the first time"

notice nobody ever raised the issue with that boring blah blah regarding npc dialogs 'in between' before you are let to use them, even on high rate servers, everybody goes through the rigmarole on daily basis and with some npcs being used many times every logged in session

I bet you if wemade put such cut scenes in, they would still be used, no exception, same as with the npc dialogs.

TBH when I tested that storage npc on my local test server, I admit it felt kinda bare not having any dialog prior to the opening of storage window, it lacks that rpg element, it is more fit for high rates, where you dispense with bull (like entering caves on foot etc)
but HR server makers CBA to make npc single purpose, or rather I think they simply lack the imagination and if they did not, then they CBAed because it is not as dead simple as deleting the various transitions teleporting coordinates (which they do...)

that said, I don't know if such cut scene transitions are really doable, it is more of an idea on which some server makers might catch on and if not doing exactly this, than maybe change npcs or something that adds to the rpg element to the game
You could commentate paint drying, couldn't you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited: