Scum

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Came across SCUM the other day while scrolling through **, my first thought was what a unique game.

Then I see things like this
[video=youtube_share;SrmaSozmPhs]https://youtu.be/SrmaSozmPhs[/video]

Anyone play(ed) it?

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
looks good, similar to like a DayZ? I guess...

I do want to play it... half tempted to get it.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
looks good, similar to like a DayZ? I guess...

I do want to play it... half tempted to get it.

That’s what first crossed my mind, it seems like what DayZ should be but it’s been slow progress there.

The SCUM developers seem to be rather fast from what I’ve read up but only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Just looks like another clone, there's a dozen of them floating about now.
Like the rest if will run out of money & stop in a few months.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
i'm also thinking of getting it, looks really good only been out for a couple of days 60k + people playing.

for only being out for a few days looks like it has alot of ****, looks better than other survival games.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Just looks like another clone, there's a dozen of them floating about now.
Like the rest if will run out of money & stop in a few months.

It's a gold mine.

Clone a survival game. Make some changes. Release an unrealistic roadmap. And let the hype and the money flow. Hype will eventually vanish but you keep the moneys.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Yeah I', going to wait a while before buying this frankly. I've had enough disappointment in survival games.

It does look really good and imo what DayZ should have been from the start. Lol at needing to take a **** right as he goes to engage though, seems a tad unrealistic/annoying.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Yeah I', going to wait a while before buying this frankly. I've had enough disappointment in survival games.

It does look really good and imo what DayZ should have been from the start. Lol at needing to take a **** right as he goes to engage though, seems a tad unrealistic/annoying.

atleast its only £15, its why I'm half tempted lol

Iglu

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 4, 2017
Considering the release was only a few days ago Scum is very good for what it is, an early access survival game. Definitely has a long way to go with netcode and server/client performance.

It's worth a go if you have friends that play for £15 though.

Also if you manage your food you're not gonna be taking shits mid-fight :lol

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
It does look really good and imo what DayZ should have been from the start.

Pretty sure this exact sentence was said about every 'DayZ clone' thats come out the past couple of years.

The fact that DayZ has only recently gone from open alpha(lasting 4 years) to beta shows that they only care about milking it, and not actual development. That is assuming they even went through with it, i stopped following it years ago.

It had great potential, they just didn't develop it. Considering the money they made from it, they had no excuse either.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Pretty sure this exact sentence was said about every 'DayZ clone' thats come out the past couple of years.

The fact that DayZ has only recently gone from open alpha(lasting 4 years) to beta shows that they only care about milking it, and not actual development. That is assuming they even went through with it, i stopped following it years ago.

It had great potential, they just didn't develop it. Considering the money they made from it, they had no excuse either.

Indeed, hence why I'm not going to buy it. I'll just watch a few streamers play it through twitch instead.

klimbo123

LOMCN n00bie
Jan 30, 2019

It had great potential, they just didn't develop it.
Pnr Status TextNow VPN Considering the money they made from it, they had no excuse either.
To be sure, consequently for what reason I'm not going to get it. I'll simply watch a couple of streamers play it through jerk

Last edited:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
An unbelievable bump on a thread that died over 4 months ago.

Solid work for your second post, I see real potential in you.

its prob someone thats been banned, trying to get up to enough posts to PM someone :P