EdensElite2(StomHero) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
For one thing, Islam is a religion not a race so the comment can't be racist?

For two, Traditionally in the eyes of the Islam, dogs were seen as impure. There are several injunctions from the legal tradition which warn Muslims against most contact with dogs which is a common view used to justify abuse and neglect of dogs even though the act of cruelty in itself contradicts some views in the Qur'an.

Now **** off and play that card somewhere relevant.

The only reference throughout Islam that suggests dogs are "bad" is a verse in some Hadith that states that an Angel will never appear to you in your sleep if a dog is laying in the same room.

If anybody is racist its Muhammad. He had a particular dislike for black dogs.

Based Luke - 13/09/18

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
The only reference throughout Islam that suggests dogs are "bad" is a verse in some Hadith that states that an Angel will never appear to you in your sleep if a dog is laying in the same room.

If anybody is racist its Muhammad. He had a particular dislike for black dogs.

Based Luke - 13/09/18
I reckon (if he actually existed) that he had some weird superstition that's why he tried to put out that all jet black dogs were the devil.

I do think it shows the problem with a lot of religions in general though in my opinion. A lot of people it seems tend to go overboard with application of certain 'scriptures' which is how we end up with extremism on all sides. I was merely under the impression that owning a dog that wasn't for a specific purpose ie herding was frowned upon and causes them to loose their mythological brownie points as a result? Something to do with its saliva and mouth? That being said I'll happily stand corrected!! I'm no expert in religion if anything i'd probably class myself more as an apatheist haha?

All that is kind of irrelevant though as my original point was less about specific religious 'teachings' and more about my annoyance to anyone who randomly brandishes the "racist" card due to their own ignorance. It's in the same vein as women who falsely cry rape and should be stamped out :@ (that and i was bored at work :grief:

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I reckon (if he actually existed) that he had some weird superstition that's why he tried to put out that all jet black dogs were the devil.

I do think it shows the problem with a lot of religions in general though in my opinion. A lot of people it seems tend to go overboard with application of certain 'scriptures' which is how we end up with extremism on all sides. I was merely under the impression that owning a dog that wasn't for a specific purpose ie herding was frowned upon and causes them to loose their mythological brownie points as a result? Something to do with its saliva and mouth? That being said I'll happily stand corrected!! I'm no expert in religion if anything i'd probably class myself more as an apatheist haha?

All that is kind of irrelevant though as my original point was less about specific religious 'teachings' and more about my annoyance to anyone who randomly brandishes the "racist" card due to their own ignorance. It's in the same vein as women who falsely cry rape and should be stamped out :@ (that and i was bored at work :grief:

Oh I can empathize with you, that word has no meaning to me anymore. Its like calling me a crayon or a lobster.

There are no reports of anything that links to the dogs saliva. This is usually what followers claim who have no idea why they have this hatred for dogs. As mentioned, the only claim is that angels wont appear where a dog lays. Bring this into the modern day and we see carts full of dogs being stolen from the streets, slaughtered and set on fire.

Continue to question and criticize any religion you wish to. You'll be called a bigot, a racist and a xenophobe but at least you'll be based.

P.s - the link with black dogs and black in general is that black is evil. Those who go to hell (according to Islam) have their faces painted black and those going to heaven have theirs painted white.

Muhammad referred to a black man as a "raisin" and propelled the Arab slave trade.

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Well this all escalated quickly.

I like dogs, though.
But I'm also not Muslim so this reply was pointless.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Well this all escalated quickly.

I like dogs, though.
But I'm also not Muslim so this reply was pointless.

I like to think I'm just having a terrible influence on you.

Having said that, please infract yourself for spamming, thanks.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Life is so much simpler being an Atheist. You don't have to worry about any interpretations of ancient books.

Unless you live in several countries where it is punishable by death. Or if it isn't, a mob will make sure you die.

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
ice-cream.gif

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
The desire of knowing more about another culture/language and even religions and their beliefs is never enough, this is exactly why this muslims hate dogs post escalated
AFAIC I am a muslim and I had many dogs and hating dogs is nothing but a fail conspiracy made by an islamophobics

cheers
Mohammed

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
The desire of knowing more about another culture/language and even religions and their beliefs is never enough, this is exactly why this muslims hate dogs post escalated
AFAIC I am a muslim and I had many dogs and hating dogs is nothing but a fail conspiracy made by an islamophobics

cheers
Mohammed

Oh no you didn't.

You claim to be Muslim yet blame Islamophobic conspiracies on why there are issues with dogs within Islam?

You understand the word Najis right? There are 9 things prohibited to Muslims as they are deemed "impure". These are:

1. urine; (Excluding Camel Urine which Muhammad claimed is medicinal)
2. stool;
3. semen;
4. blood;
5. corpses;
6. dogs;
7. pigs;
8. kafir (Disbelievers)
9. intoxicating liquids.

Further to this, the hadith verse which backs up my claim is Sahih Muslim- book 5246.

Now please refrain from labeling people conspiracy theorists or Islamophobic. It is not our fault you don't understand Islam.

BasedLuke out.

Last edited:

Yuzu

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
soooo how are you doing storm your topic turned into some muslim something or something idk whats going on but hello storm i just came here to see some drama about a guy not a whole religon -.-

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
from what i scanned through very quickly, it would appear storms an islamic black dog who eats Muslims... :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.