Greetings & Curiosity

smoochy boys on tour

WarlordLuBu

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 16, 2018
Greetings all

I used to play Legend of Mir a veeeeery long time ago, with my brother on Dragon Server... actually, we shared an account cause we were youths back then and shared lunch money to pay for the account :P but... I digress... I hadn't given a second look after I heard that the game had closed down and recently I saw some Chinese rip off advertisement and I thought wtf is that?!

Either way, I've never been a fan of private servers, I used to play on project 69 and some other server when that closed... we even tried to make our own server at one point (was fun killing the evil centipede and spawning gold bars and dragon slayers!

I am curious as to know if Legend of Mir 2 (or 3) will be made official again... and if so, would it likely appear on steam... perhaps as a kick starter project or something.

Lastly, it is good seeing this game again... no matter how graphically impressive some games are or what they can do... nothing ever hits the spot and I find my self lost, waiting to return to that crappy little village south of Bichon Wall to kill chickens and scarecrows, with my little welfare candle.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Doesnt look like mir will ever come back to north america. Your best bet is to get on zircon. Thats where all the cool kids are :P

WarlordLuBu

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 16, 2018
Hmm... I see... I suppose I'll have a look at Apocalypse Mir then, but ehhhh... I hope this game goes on Steam some day.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Hmm... I see... I suppose I'll have a look at Apocalypse Mir then, but ehhhh... I hope this game goes on Steam some day.

due to the severity of the copyright infringements we use to make these servers they will never touch Steams greenlight.. ever..

WarlordLuBu

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 16, 2018
Yeah, I kinda meant the official version of Legend of Mir, the one that WeMade and Game Network had all them years ago. If all those crappy little mobile phone games (that they class as PC games) can go on steam, then Legend of Mir should be worth a thousand times more. But I guess it is up to the developers, a pity really... would have been awesome to see a revival.

Mazza

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 30, 2013
Apocalypse mir claims new content right from the start. New classes Sin and hunter, new skills and so apart from the first few levels it does not look as if it will resemble the game you enjoyed so much.
The addition of sins and now archer/hunters made balancing the classes near to impossible or something which required continual adjustment as the players levelled up. Balance when most are 33 ish is not the same as balance when most are 40+. No one seems to recognise this. The fun you had is no longer there. The community is as toxic as it gets (maybe excepting Rust) and there are people with feuds and he pk'd my miner on Euro attitudes they have kept up for 15 years. The fun most ppl had was when they were fighting others in groups of a similar level. Now you will get accounts which are multi player, paid levelled and pay to wins(if possible) racing ahead of everyone and generally crowing about how good they are and how no one can touch them.