Request GameShop Feedback

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Ok so it tends to be a focal point for servers (rightly so).
So I was wanting feedback on items that I was looking to put in my GameStore.

Game Store (General)
All Items will be nontransferable but swappable between your own characters.
The only items in the GameStore that can't be gained within the game by various means are "Exclusive"
GG will not be gift able and you are unable to use this for anything other then the below.

Skins
Weapon Skins(these go in a 'costume slot' and overwrite the equipped weapon image)
Armour Skins (same as above but for armour)
-Skins will be [7d] [14d] or permanent; they will have either 0 stats or 0-1 of sc/mc/dc (not decided)
-Certain game shop skins will be exclusive to the game shop with "Exclusive" rarity.

Mounts
various mounts in game (excluding mob dropped ones), as well as recolours and some unique ones.
-these have a purpose, but again most mounts will be obtainable but there will be certain game shop exclusives
-again these MAY have stats but very minimal 0-1 on stats at best (it adds that bit of flavour to buy them.

Torches
Knowledge Torch 5/5 (allows you get x3 skill)
Celestial Torch [7d] (provides you with a huge light radius and lasts 7 game time days
Hard Torch 5/5 (max 3 per month) - these 'curse' on equip (can't remove once equipped)
Damage Torch 7/7 (max 3 per month) - provides 1-1 SC/MC/DC depending on the torch

Buffs(all temp buffs do not time down while in safezones)10% EXP 3h / 5h / 7h
15% EXP 5h / 7h
5% Drop Rate 6h / 12h
10% Drop Rate 12h

These buffs will not be available on release
MC 0-3 6h /12h
DC 0-3 6h / 12h
SC 0-3 6h / 12h

Transforms

Chug down one of the game stores many potions to transform yourself into one of over 3 dozen different in game monsters/npcs for an hour! (this effect can be paused by using @transformoff command.

Misc
Teleport Shard (this unlocks the 'base' province teleporters without you needing to run there first)
Extra Back Pack (unlocks your second bag area)
Storage Key (unlocks your extra storage)
Fireworks (Casts an animation on yourself)
Advanced Fishing Supplies (Rod / Bait / Reel etc) - can also be purchased from fishermen

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Seems fine, assuming there isn't a ridiculous amount of materials you need to store early on. (Forcing people to need the extra inventory space)

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Seems fine, assuming there isn't a ridiculous amount of materials you need to store early on. (Forcing people to need the extra inventory space)

No not really, not much more then usual, probably would make a bit of a time consuming quest to unlock the second storage (as its always nice to have)

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I’m also interested in feedback in terms of skins being the main items in a game shop..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PoE is a prime example, you can't fault it really. I was implementing this before too. Tho i was playing mainly with skill effects.
A skin, is a skin, is a skin.

I guess the main issue here is altering the libs (client side) isnt hard at all.

Will people pay for them?
- 100% yes, again look at PoE, £30-50 for an armour skin, we still buy them. (wouldn't price them this high tho)
- People like to feel 'special'.

Last edited:

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
PoE is a prime example, you can't fault it really. I was implementing this before too. Tho i was playing mainly with skill effects.
A skin, is a skin, is a skin.

I guess the main issue here is altering the libs (client side) isnt hard at all.

I wanted to do skins for a long time to replace half of the crap that usually goes into a game shop but John wanted it all to work with the item levelling system.

My plan is to have a wardrobe type of system where you can preview, set or clear the current skins, some permanent, some temporary, pretty much the same as lights other than mine doesn’t take up space :p

I do prefer to have cosmetics/consumable only but it’s if it’s practical enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk