smoochy boys on tour

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
Hey,

Long shot but thought id ask here.

I cannot stay logged in afk in chrons but can on the new apocalypse and never had an issue with other private mir servers or euro for that matter.

It was an issue i always had and not really playing chrons now (though might oneday again, never know lol)

Largely noticable when afk in town but not limited to this, occurred fairly often too when hunting in caves too... the game will crash, if i try to move character will take one step, as if a huge lag spike but then not move. Only way to exit it the screen was to end task in task manager.

Still bugs me that i never found out what was causing it, anyone have an suggestions what it could be - as i say it is literally just that server so cant imagine how it would be hardware related. A setting or specific internet connection with their server?

Just niggling away at me ha.

Cheers! :encouragement:

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
If I remember right, Crystal will try and re-establish a connection on timeout whereas the delphi clients (Chron) tend to just die and not attempt to reconnect.

Do you run over wifi or have an intermittent connection?

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
Interesting, I use the TP links using powerlines but did try using wifi and wired straight to router but still had same problems. I've played Chrons at 2 Different addresses and still had drop outs at both but when i checked, i lost no packets at either location.Generally dont have any internet issues.

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
If I remember right, Crystal will try and re-establish a connection on timeout whereas the delphi clients (Chron) tend to just die and not attempt to reconnect.

Do you run over wifi or have an intermittent connection?

Guess there is no real way around this then... :(