Request [HELP] 2 step / bounce back lag - Crystal files issue (Apoc Mir 2 and LoF Mir 2)

Nyx

LOMCN Member
Feb 11, 2018
Hi all,

I'm having issues with Crystal based Mir 2 servers giving me 2 step bounce back / lag.

I've already got a thread running over here on the Apoc forums but want to see if the wider community could offer some advice as it seems that the issue isn't limited to Apoc but rather the Crystal files.

Hope someone can actually help me!

:)

Binary

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 23, 2015
If you have tried, what happens when you're on a local host server?

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
try the default client too not an edited one? that way, it'll show if its an edited c# files or just the whole files all together

Nyx

LOMCN Member
Feb 11, 2018
If you have tried, what happens when you're on a local host server?

I don’t have or run a local hosted client.

try the default client too not an edited one? that way, it'll show if its an edited c# files or just the whole files all together

What live servers are currently using the default client? I would imagine most are custom C#

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I don’t have or run a local hosted client.

What live servers are currently using the default client? I would imagine most are custom C#

just get the default server/patcher an run it unedited, it is such a strange error

Nyx

LOMCN Member
Feb 11, 2018
Finally finished the download for the base Crystal M2 files (server and client)

............. exact same two step lag issue :@:

Totally out of ideas now :'(

Return

LOMCN Member
Loyal Member
Sep 22, 2017

try what i have said above.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

so its crystal in general you have an issue with >.< ideally need the coders to have a little look really,

tried resetting bios? upgrading it? something is stopping it for you not anyone else who has played it =-/

Nyx

LOMCN Member
Feb 11, 2018
so its crystal in general you have an issue with >.< ideally need the coders to have a little look really,

tried resetting bios? upgrading it? something is stopping it for you not anyone else who has played it =-/

BIOS is up to date.

I've purchased a new copy of Windows 10 Pro, a new SSD and will rebuild my PC from scratch this evening when it all arrives. Be gutted if spending all of this money to try and fix it doesn't resolve the issue!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
If it's a hardware issue then if anything is expect it to be cpu related, not ssd.

It's definitely a strange one. Sort of sounds like the timings are out, the client clock going too quickly.

Without adding debug code to the client or server and trial and error it's a difficult one to find out.

Have you been able to take a video of it in action?

Have you tried installing a vm on your computer and running through that?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
If you stand in safezone not moving do you see other people moving around you ok? Or do they all lag/pause frequently?

Nyx

LOMCN Member
Feb 11, 2018
[video=vimeo;291188401]https://vimeo.com/291188401[/video]
https://vimeo.com/291188401

[video=vimeo;292769277]https://vimeo.com/292769277[/video]
https://vimeo.com/292769277

Couple of videos, didn't have time tonight to setup a second HDD with its own copy of windows on will do it tomorrow after work. I really hope this resolves the issue as I can't afford to replace my CPU.

---------- Post Merged on 06-10-2018 at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 05-10-2018 at 09:34 PM ----------

Clean drive with a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro....

Fixed
:)

Lots of background work to get everything else up and running properly but really can't thank the community enough! Finally I'll actually be able to sit comfortably and enjoy playing Apoc!

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
did you install fresh windows on your previous drive?

if its the previous drive, try RMA it... :P