WoW: Classic

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
This has been on the cards for a while since they shut down that popular Classic WoW server. Im guessing it will be fun at first until people reaslise how much of a grind it is. Personally it's not for me as I don't fancy spending 8 hours in one raid or BG.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Will give it a go, although I don't think I'll even make it to 60, I remember having to grind the last 2 levels and that alone took ages. If I have people to play with then maybe I'll enjoy the grind more.

It will do well, but not as well as the purist vanilla players think. Most will try it, realise the leveling is rediculously slow and go back to live.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
I started after Black Temple was out in TBC so I really do not care about classic and will never play an old version of a game when I enjoy the lastest patch too much. It may be fun for people if a game is hardcore and you need to farm alot but when you think about it there is no future for it and at some point you kinda finished the game because the game wont be updated due to the ''classic'' style and for people like me with a job and a life...classic and hardcore is kinda **** and I have no room for that. Hope people will enjoy it, I already hate it

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
I probably wont play past level 30, don't have the time for the grind now with family and work etc hah. Be fun none the less.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Will play along side retail, once my weekly stuff is done on retail which doesn't take long I shall slowly level a Classic character with a friend of mine.

Will be on a PvE server. With my casual leveling, I don't really want to experience the **** that is stanglethorn vale ganking.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Its a no for me. Nostalgia is an illusion. It will never ever be what it used to be like. I prefer to remember what it used to be like rather than trying to relive/replay it. Plus time is a huge constraint on the games I play today.

But I hope you all have fun playing it. Don't forget ti exploit the **** out of the bugs :p

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I'll give it a go, there's a lot of stuff from vanilla I wish had not been changed, be nice to revisit that stuff.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Kudos to them on this server, they have left it with the Vanilla bugs and all!

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
That's because people wanted the full experience. Bugs are sometimes what makes a game great. Just look at Skyrim for example.

Oh I know, they have kept that aids hunter bug in (where you have a dead spot with your attacks), which is what I mean rather than fixing the annoying ones.
As Some people say the "Classic Experience" but then fix half of it.

I might jump on to it at some point, I want to see if people actually enjoy it or just liked the idea of it!

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Oh I know, they have kept that aids hunter bug in (where you have a dead spot with your attacks), which is what I mean rather than fixing the annoying ones.
As Some people say the "Classic Experience" but then fix half of it.

I might jump on to it at some point, I want to see if people actually enjoy it or just liked the idea of it!
I was watching a few streams last night when it went live. At this point it is very competative. People are playing it as a race which adds a whole new aspect to the game. Reminds me of the races they have on PoE.

Reactions: LightBringer

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I was watching a few streams last night when it went live. At this point it is very competative. People are playing it as a race which adds a whole new aspect to the game. Reminds me of the races they have on PoE.

Asmongold had 250-300k viewers on his live last night. Then he d/c and took a nap of 4 hours on live with 50-75k viewers lol

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Asmongold had 250-300k viewers on his live last night. Then he d/c and took a nap of 4 hours on live with 50-75k viewers lol
When i decided to hit the hay around midnight the WoW category on Twitch had over 1 million live viewers. It was just getting to silly numbers.
I was watching Sodapoppin mainly and he had a fully team with a strategy. Was funny because you could tell how stressed he was just by playing it. Thats WoW in a nutshell.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
When i decided to hit the hay around midnight the WoW category on Twitch had over 1 million live viewers. It was just getting to silly numbers.
I was watching Sodapoppin mainly and he had a fully team with a strategy. Was funny because you could tell how stressed he was just by playing it. Thats WoW in a nutshell.

Saddly now all they just take it as a race. Entertaining to watch tho.

Reactions: Violent

Kaal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 19, 2008
Any guild on flame lash horde? Giving this a go for a bit dunno wtf I’m doing