Fallout 76

smoochy boys on tour

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hi all,

Has anyone bought this yet?

I've viewed a few videos on youtube but tbh I'm not blown away. I plugged so many hours into Fallt 3&4 and loved exploring different locations / finding quests and NPC's. Is it true there are no NPC's whatsoever? If so I don't think I'll bother. I get they probably didn't want to make another Fallout in 3&4's style but I can't believe there is no offline content at all?

If you've bought it let me know what you think?

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
There better be NPCs else its a no from me.
Fallout NPCs always had the best personalities

God bless this Robot.
y6ov5st.jpg

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
I played the beta but cancelled my pre order It was "ok" you're right I didn't see any human npcs just kiosks and robots. I'm not bothering with 76 I've put countless hours into 3, NV and 4 enjoyed everyone of them 76 just felt like a vast world of nothing.

---------- Post Merged at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:29 PM ----------

There better be NPCs else its a no from me.
Fallout NPCs always had the best personalities

God bless this Robot.
View attachment 20214

I wonder what you've been doing with fisto :S

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Pretty sure the reveiws were generally terrible, and if i remember right there are no human npc's in the whole game. Didn't look too hard into it mind, just from what i remember. Wasn't at all impressed with what i saw.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I played the beta but cancelled my pre order It was "ok" you're right I didn't see any human npcs just kiosks and robots. I'm not bothering with 76 I've put countless hours into 3, NV and 4 enjoyed everyone of them 76 just felt like a vast world of nothing.

---------- Post Merged at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:29 PM ----------

I wonder what you've been doing with fisto :S

what happens with Fisto, stays with Fisto

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
isn't what people are expecting.. shame really! did look good, but they always do.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Mmmmm thanks for confirming guys, I'm gutted to be fair was looking forward to this. For me Fallout was all about exploring the main storyline and exploring everywhere top to bottom to find those side quests and random chests etc.

I havn't played 4 in a long time so I might just start it up again xD

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Mmmmm thanks for confirming guys, I'm gutted to be fair was looking forward to this. For me Fallout was all about exploring the main storyline and exploring everywhere top to bottom to find those side quests and random chests etc.

I havn't played 4 in a long time so I might just start it up again xD

Wel its exaclty like what youve just explained lol, it’s survival, exploring, killing big bosses for gear etc etc it’s wicked! There no human npcs only robots and holotapes, there’s a main story line and plenty of side quests and public events, any human you see is another player.

Last edited:

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Cheers for feedback bud, in terms of the main story line is it similar to previous ones? I hear that you build your base up, only to get nuked by a guy whose geeked it 24/7 xD

Is the perk system similar to 4?

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Cheers for feedback bud, in terms of the main story line is it similar to previous ones? I hear that you build your base up, only to get nuked by a guy whose geeked it 24/7 xD

Is the perk system similar to 4?

The story line quest is good, there’s **** loads of side quests, there’s daily quests, there **** loads to do, loads of bosses and bunkers and **** loads to raid for your power armours etc etc etc and it’s all online so everyone you bump into is another player which you can team up with etc, your base you build up and is portable, so you pop your base do what you gta do and then pack it up move on to next location etc etc, perk cards yes, and VATS yes but not the slow motion effect as it’s online, it’s more accuracy and crit shots etc now.

as for nukes you can only drop them in certain spots on the map so unless your unfortunate to place your base down at that moment in time then..... nukes summon the main boss of the game “scorchbeast” or somthing which drops Uber if you and your team can kill it, not done it myself only level 15 lol.

excuse typos I’m typing from phone and cba to correct and speak the queens english

Last edited:

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
It's a big NO from me.

I saw a review titled

"Fallout 76 is online and lonelier than ever"

I mean... it was pretty cool having Dogmeat around, but it was still pretty lonely! I even had to talk to my Mrs once...

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
It's a big NO from me.

I saw a review titled

I mean... it was pretty cool having Dogmeat around, but it was still pretty lonely! I even had to talk to my Mrs once...

Not sure what platform your on but Xbox is lively af lol, everytime I’ve been there’s been more then enough people online to team up with and quest etc

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
It's a big NO from me.

I saw a review titled

I must admit I'm certain that most people who have played fallout 3&4 solo would look to play fallout 76 solo to. I get the idea around having this multiplayer but I just don't feel like is. If I bought this game (which I'm not going to sadly) I would play it solo.

I don't really feel like the devs could have won in making another solo play Fallout, people would then just complain it was exactly the same as 3 or 4. I really wouldn't mind that tbh. I was so gutted that 76 got review bombed and turned me off buying it, along with having no characters to interact with. I wiped my last saved file on Friday of Fallout 4 and have started again, pretty sure I've got a few DLC's that I haven't touched :D

klimbo123

LOMCN n00bie
Jan 30, 2019
Mmmmm thanks for confirming guys, I'm gutted to be fair was looking forward to this. For me Fallout was all about exploring the main storyline and exploring everywhere top to bottom to find those side quests and random chests Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher etc.

I havn't played 4 in a long time so I might just start it up again
xD
There no human npcs just robots and holotapes, there's a primary story line and a lot of side missions and open occasions, any human you see is another player.

Last edited:

seoking

LOMCN Leecher
Apr 22, 2019
There no human npcs just robots and holotapes, there's a primary story line and a lot of side missions and open occasions, any human you see is another player.9apps cartoon hd vidmate
Honestly I don't see the point. Even in MMOs the NPCs are just there to assign quests and be there to trade just like the terminals and such do in 76. This way I feel like its more apocalyptic. I was watching someone stream and he was adventuring by himself and it was honestly a little creepy which is a good thing in my book.

I do see a possibility of adding human factions as possible enemies such as Raiders, Enclave, etc.

Last edited:

teleworm1337

LOMCN Leecher
Aug 27, 2019
That is literally the only advantage console gaming has over PC gaming. You buy the console, you buy a game, you plug it in and you play. It just works. Nothing could be easier, and this remains console’s biggest, and only real reason for existing.
People want convenience, and most people if they can do something the easy way they will do it that way, taking the path of least resistance.
Then you have PC Gaming. PC Gaming hold many advantages over console gaming, at the expense of a more complex path to everything: building the PC, troubleshooting issues, configuring the game to run optimally, and doing maintenance on the computer. Consoles do away with all of this, but when using a PC all of this comes with the territory.
shareit https://get-vidmateapk.com

Last edited: