Why do newly released servers have many tasks?

smoochy boys on tour

wxypk2009

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 15, 2017
I personally discuss the task system very much, mir2 is a simple game why the design is so complicated, pvp is the core gameplay, I think the setting of the marble server is very good,

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
The point of tasks/quests is to get you familiar with areas of the game, give you rewards that will be greater than basic hunting alone and give you a good base to continue from.
If you don't like them, don't do them. They're not compulsory and shouldn't, (subject to good server design), hinder or restrict your progress.

PVP is not the core of gameplay, PVE is.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
The point of tasks/quests is to get you familiar with areas of the game, give you rewards that will be greater than basic hunting alone and give you a good base to continue from.
If you don't like them, don't do them. They're not compulsory and shouldn't, (subject to good server design), hinder or restrict your progress.

PVP is not the core of gameplay, PVE is.

I miss when it was mostly about PvE :(
Everyone just wants to smash each other or the little people, egos!

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
YsS0Jb4.jpg

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Apologies folks, we had an overproductive day at the Carrot Farm and a few have gone missing.

As for the OP, I like a mix of both, providing it doesn't hinder you from levelling. It appears on here if you create a new character, you cannot join your friends without first doing a questline to enter beyond a certain area. I'm not sure if this is good design as it forces you to go solo (or force them to come back to worse caves to help you)

I do enjoy quests though, a lot, they just need to be optional at all times and not hinder you.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Questing is just another avenue, as long as it's not forced onto people as some people don't enjoy questing.

They tend to be best when they run alongside where you are levelling anyway, as its just an extra incentive to kill that extra few zombies to complete the quest or whatever.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Why do new born children get educated and have to go school? To guide them and help them.

Oh ****, sorry I thought I was on single mothers forum

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
It's a good way to explore. The amount on noobs who levelled during events on Apoc and as a result have no teleport stones unlocked or know where maps are because they haven't done any quests is kinda annoying at times

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
mir is a mmorpg game (keyword rpg) as as such its base is pve (with pvp in secondary place)

point here is that if starting on mir server all pple did was to infight btw themselves (pvp) and nobody hunting in caves to get exp points to level plus items from drops (pve), then the game wouldn't progress and maximum satisfaction you'd get from pvp, besides the 'top of the hill' feeling would be if someone you pked dropped you an added stat ebony sword ;) (and even that depended on pve gameplay in the first place)

pple oriented more towards rpg, that is pve element tend to make quest dependent gameplay or at least supply many quests and typically it is low rate server, on the other hand, pvp oriented pple who make servers tend to skimp on quests and typically make high rate server, what you get depends who makes servers these days

DarkZone server, now in beta, if I can judge from playing DZReborn server, shouldn't have many quests and be more for pvp minded pple