stupid code 1000

re5p3ct

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2003
my crib
Does ne 1 know how to stop this stupid code 1000 , people said its lag but i get nolag and i get the code 100 every 10-20 mins on WeOwn >=(

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
You can't really stop it, its usually a ram problem i think, but im not 100% sure. Try posting you comp specs m8.

/Miles

re5p3ct

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2003
my crib
well on sytem properties it says
512 MB of RAM
2.08 GHz
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+ xD

Justme

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2003
there is a simple solution to this problem

Just turn down hardware acceleration on your soundcard ,this will get rid of the code -1000 error

or

Error code 10000 and nVidia motherboards

What is the infamous Code 10000 Error

According to the official FAQs, this error means "bad lag". In practice its meaning is much more complex. The code 10000 message is generated by the routine that checks the internal timers of the machine and compare them with those of the servers in order to find out if some kind of speed hack is installed. Lag can certainly cause this error (if makes data packets go out of sync) but, I have to remark, the code 10000 error is first of all an anti-cheat protection: as soon as the timing errors reach 3 milliseconds, the client closes the connection and shows the error message.

Why the code 10000 error is so common on nForce2 based motherboards

As already said, it's an error related to the internal timers of the PC. It has been initially found by some players (thank you FeelTheFear ) that by decreasing the clock speed of the FSB you could prevent the infamous code 10000 error from happen. Strangely enough it didn't seem a problem of stability, for example if you downclock the external frequency (the FSB is twice the value of the external frequency) from 166 to 133MHz, you don't improve the situation, but if you downclock it by 3/4 MHzs MIR is much more stable and the errors arise more rarely. The solution was found in a usually overlooked option included in some nForce2 chipsets (namely the ASUS models), called "FSB Spread spectrum" which, if disabled, solves the problem (thank you TheSeLecteR ).

What's the "FSB Spread spectrum" option for and why it is related to the code 10000 problem

Apparently this option seems just related to the EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) reduction system implemented on nForce2 motherboars. What it is interesting to discuss is the method used by the nForce2 chipset to acomplish this task: the Spead Spectrum option reduces the EMI by modulating the pulses of the clock so that a particular frequency is used only for short moments, i.e. the frequency is constantly and slightly changed. This option can cause malfunctions of timing-critical components and programs including the speed-hack check routines implemented in Mir.exe. For this reason it is recommended that you disable it!

Instructions to disable the FSB Spectrum option
This option can be disabled from the BIOS. Please, refer to the User's manual of your mainboard.

You might also need to flash the BIOS, but if you don't know how to do it, ask some more experienced friend for assistance: if something goes wrong while flashing the BIOS, your PC might not reboot.

taken down from www.legendofmir.net

re5p3ct

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2003
my crib
Justme said:
there is a simple solution to this problem

Just turn down hardware acceleration on your soundcard ,this will get rid of the code -1000 error

or

Error code 10000 and nVidia motherboards

What is the infamous Code 10000 Error

According to the official FAQs, this error means "bad lag". In practice its meaning is much more complex. The code 10000 message is generated by the routine that checks the internal timers of the machine and compare them with those of the servers in order to find out if some kind of speed hack is installed. Lag can certainly cause this error (if makes data packets go out of sync) but, I have to remark, the code 10000 error is first of all an anti-cheat protection: as soon as the timing errors reach 3 milliseconds, the client closes the connection and shows the error message.

Why the code 10000 error is so common on nForce2 based motherboards

As already said, it's an error related to the internal timers of the PC. It has been initially found by some players (thank you FeelTheFear ) that by decreasing the clock speed of the FSB you could prevent the infamous code 10000 error from happen. Strangely enough it didn't seem a problem of stability, for example if you downclock the external frequency (the FSB is twice the value of the external frequency) from 166 to 133MHz, you don't improve the situation, but if you downclock it by 3/4 MHzs MIR is much more stable and the errors arise more rarely. The solution was found in a usually overlooked option included in some nForce2 chipsets (namely the ASUS models), called "FSB Spread spectrum" which, if disabled, solves the problem (thank you TheSeLecteR ).

What's the "FSB Spread spectrum" option for and why it is related to the code 10000 problem

Apparently this option seems just related to the EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) reduction system implemented on nForce2 motherboars. What it is interesting to discuss is the method used by the nForce2 chipset to acomplish this task: the Spead Spectrum option reduces the EMI by modulating the pulses of the clock so that a particular frequency is used only for short moments, i.e. the frequency is constantly and slightly changed. This option can cause malfunctions of timing-critical components and programs including the speed-hack check routines implemented in Mir.exe. For this reason it is recommended that you disable it!

Instructions to disable the FSB Spectrum option
This option can be disabled from the BIOS. Please, refer to the User's manual of your mainboard.

You might also need to flash the BIOS, but if you don't know how to do it, ask some more experienced friend for assistance: if something goes wrong while flashing the BIOS, your PC might not reboot.

taken down from www.legendofmir.net

Couldnt find the FSB Spread spectrum, Tried something simular but failed.

Please Advise.

N.B: Done Flashing The BIOS

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
woohoo old school! i guess he's still having same problem 6 years on? Lol

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
its not been 6years yet you fools, posted on the 23/05/2004 another 21days togo.

re5p3ct

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2003
my crib
Sorry for the double post, but please help me with this problem I want to play ;(

re5p3ct

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2003
my crib
See you in 7 years, hopefully, someone will help me solve this problem. My CRT monitor has LoM Client burnt into the screen i've been waiting so long. Finally upgraded to 1GB Ram though. Peace :afro:

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
That is dedication! haha do you have a yearly reminder to post? lol