LOMCN VIP's

smoochy boys on tour

AngelOfDeath

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
In Hell
GilgaMesh said:
I think your missing the whole concept of the VIP area. It is there to help development of new stuff where the people who actually know what they are doing can work together and get new things ready faster.
but who's to say who can do what......many people have different talents, weather it be map making or full blown coding....just because i am not "in the elite group" i cant help thats........ bullcrap

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Sawell said:
I'll stick with my 'very unimportant people' in GoT.

Most of that post is situated around the fact that what I’ve said is an opinion, administration's idea of a very important person on this forum is also an opinion, and thus I think I’m within my boundaries to make assumptions myself.

The reason I say we, is as you are forming ‘group’ based against the actions of the GoTers, it’s time we stuck together to form our own VUP section. If it’s right to reward those who you think are important, then it is right for me to reward those who you regard as unimportant but I regard as important with my admiration, so as to keep spirits high through a period of neglect by the leaders of LOMCN.

How can you say we are neglecting GoT'ers when their forum has been there since the beginning of LOMCN. They have the same oppertunity to become a VIP as everyone else. This system is open to everyone not just certain people, provided they can meet any moderators interpretation of a good contributing desireable. If like you say, it is right to reward those that don't contribute, does that not just give them incentives to spur on more spam/abuse/etc... the very reasoning behind the latest series of 'mass-ignore sprees'. Its like you see fit to reward people who go into schools and shoot kids by giving them more guns. Doesn't this just make them kill more kids, do you honestly think that is a good thing to do?

Since we're both letting opinions fly, you without real justification... I think the reason you oppose the idea is that you have a vendetta towards staff. Not forgetting the fact that you yourself are not a contributor. I could use your same argument to say that these GoT'ers you refer to are neglecting the MIR community by not contributing towards development.
AngelofDeath said:
but who's to say who can do what......many people have different talents, weather it be map making or full blown coding....just because i am not "in the elite group" i cant help thats........ bullcrap
The rules state the limits of an acceptable post AoD. I agree many people have different talents, and this is what we seek to recognise. I'm not so certain how you've come to form this 'elite group' concept, but I assure you we are only aiming to provide recognition to those that deserve it.

Personally I find your opposition very interesting, and would love to talk it through with you in more detail. Id be much obliged if you would contact me on MSN ([email protected]).

/Leo

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
LeoCrasher said:
How can you say we are neglecting GoT'ers when their forum has been there since the beginning of LOMCN. They have the same oppertunity to become a VIP as everyone else. This system is open to everyone not just certain people, provided they can meet any moderators interpretation of a good contributing desireable. If like you say, it is right to reward those that don't contribute, does that not just give them incentives to spur on more spam/abuse/etc... the very reasoning behind the latest series of 'mass-ignore sprees'. Its like you see fit to reward people who go into schools and shoot kids by giving them more guns. Doesn't this just make them kill more kids, do you honestly think that is a good thing to do?

Since we're both letting opinions fly, you without real justification... I think the reason you oppose the idea is that you have a vendetta towards staff. Not forgetting the fact that you yourself are not a contributor. I could use your same argument to say that these GoT'ers you refer to are neglecting the MIR community by not contributing towards development.

The rules state the limits of an acceptable post AoD. I agree many people have different talents, and this is what we seek to recognise. I'm not so certain how you've come to form this 'elite group' concept, but I assure you we are only aiming to provide recognition to those that deserve it.

Personally I find your opposition very interesting, and would love to talk it through with you in more detail. Id be much obliged if you would contact me on MSN ([email protected]).

/Leo

Not that I have a vendetta, just that I’ve been there, done it and seen the 'ideas' that are thought up too fast, never get going and end up being trashed.

I and the GoTers are neglecting the community, so what? We're not running the place, we come here for kicks. You provided the forum, we post in it. You despise us so much that you do underhanded things to demoralise us, but you don't go as far as to remove GoT. Although you've clearly stated that people are too scared to post there because of the likes of me and others. If it's really that bad, you'd remove it... but you wouldn't dare, because you know you'd lose 60% of this forum. But who cares? There are no VIP there anyway, they're all in their specially allocated forum, only scum remain in GoT... right?

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Sawell said:
Not that I have a vendetta, just that I’ve been there, done it and seen the 'ideas' that are thought up too fast, never get going and end up being trashed.

I and the GoTers are neglecting the community, so what? We're not running the place, we come here for kicks. You provided the forum, we post in it. You despise us so much that you do underhanded things to demoralise us, but you don't go as far as to remove GoT. Although you've clearly stated that people are too scared to post there because of the likes of me and others. If it's really that bad, you'd remove it... but you wouldn't dare, because you know you'd lose 60% of this forum. But who cares? There are no VIP there anyway, they're all in their specially allocated forum, only scum remain in GoT... right?

Ah so since you believe ideas are thought up too fast, rather than offering improvements you offer 100% critism. Well, thats helpful. Nice to see you didn't rebutt the comments on neglect :).

Why should people that come here for kicks be demoralised by the fact that there is a forum that isn't really for them. If they come here for kicks, then an entire 4 forumsections are not for them, its something they should be used to. Again you state your opinion as fact; Why wouldn't we want to remove GoT?, its not because of the member loss at all, its because
a) Its a section for offtopic chat that doesn't fit anywhere else
b) It stops spam from reaching the more important almost 'remit based' sections.

We're not penelising you people that almost live in GoT, the aim of the VIP section is to improve development and recognise contributors. The link you make between the VIP section and GoT is completely invalid. GoT is a chat area abotu anything and only that, you are going offtopic by mentioning it. GoT is not under threat, and is not under debate. GoT deserves at least 3 useful functions and we are not going to do anything with it anytime soon.

/Leo

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
LeoCrasher said:
Ah so since you believe ideas are thought up too fast, rather than offering improvements you offer 100% critism. Well, thats helpful. Nice to see you didn't rebutt the comments on neglect :).

Why should people that come here for kicks be demoralised by the fact that there is a forum that isn't really for them. If they come here for kicks, then an entire 4 forumsections are not for them, its something they should be used to. Again you state your opinion as fact; Why wouldn't we want to remove GoT?, its not because of the member loss at all, its because
a) Its a section for offtopic chat that doesn't fit anywhere else
b) It stops spam from reaching the more important almost 'remit based' sections.

We're not penelising you people that almost live in GoT, the aim of the VIP section is to improve development and recognise contributors. The link you make between the VIP section and GoT is completely invalid. GoT is a chat area abotu anything and only that, you are going offtopic by mentioning it. GoT is not under threat, and is not under debate. GoT deserves at least 3 useful functions and we are not going to do anything with it anytime soon.

/Leo

But only scum, spammers and flamers post in GoT Leo, right? So it is connected, as the 'VIP area' is everything you wish GoT was. And stop with the pre-release bull****, the forum has been here 3 years, if it were vital to make a forum for pre-releases it would have been done a long time ago. Fact is when people make things they will give it to their friends to test first, not post it in a special forum, if they wanted to do that they would post it in the Mir sections like before, there are no GoTers in there.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
I don't see why you don't learn that presenting your opinon as a fact, doesn't make it seem anymore viable.

No, GoT is used by a wide variety of people... its just that 'hitsquads' ruin threads by posting things like single post lines of 'heeeyyyy joe' and 'omg hax0r'. We've sought to reduce the impact of these people by removing the trend setters.

Now please will you stay away from the whole GoT thing... it is unrelated to VIP. The prerelease thing IS A FUNCTION of the VIP area, as it hopes to introduce users to other developers which will be able to offer their input. Whats wrong with grouping developers together to share their experiance? And yes there are GoT'ers in the mir sections... and for this reason they are sometimes ignored.

The VIP section has more serious remitty functions than GoT. There is no real link between the two. The VIP section is not what we want GoT to be purely because were allowing offtopic posts there.

When we want to shape a existing forum we will do so (server ads, general chat, GoT), not just create another forum to subsitute it.

/Leo

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Well done you managed to reduce an argument to a single comical line. 'Your only making us think we've got one over you'.

We've reformed Server ads by giving strict rules for them, allowing better management and ability to see a servers status. Also adding a general chat area making the actual adverts easier to manage.

We reformed GoT numerous times reflecting public opinion. The latest being the removal of the trendsetters following a strong complaint. Your argument has become very weak.

/Leo

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
LeoCrasher said:
Well done you managed to reduce an argument to a single comical line. 'Your only making us think we've got one over you'.

We've reformed Server ads by giving strict rules for them, allowing better management and ability to see a servers status. Also adding a general chat area making the actual adverts easier to manage.

We reformed GoT numerous times reflecting public opinion. The latest being the removal of the trendsetters following a strong complaint. Your argument has become very weak.

/Leo

Not at all, you dodged the base of my argument by circling around it, so I repay the favour, I’ll leave it to the people viewing this thread to decide if you really extinguished anything I said.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Actually it was you that completely missed the points I offered in rebuttal, as your argument gradually got smaller and smaller. I answered every single point you made, carefully sectioning different paragraphs and answering them individually.

Personally I believe the motivation behind your posts was for pure kicks, like all your other posts on this forum, hence the lack of ability to reply properly and considerable condensing due to failure to find a suitable contrediction.

/Leo

Solitude

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 22, 2003
South Wales
Sawell, are you completely ignorant to that which others say? It would seem so. GoT is a place where any old joe can go and post about anything from local news to wat colour their big toe is. VIP will be/is a place for the people who work hard and contribute things to the community. Don't forget, this is a MIR forum. Unlike GoT, the VIP section is related to the MIR aspect of this forum. Pre-releases in the VIP section would stop little kids posting stuff like "omfg dude, hurry up an relase you stupid **********" and would allow developers to test and develop ideas and applications in a constructive enviroment, not a negative/demoralising one.

The way I see it, you have 2 choices. Put up, or shut up.

There seems to be a devide on who likes/dislikes the VIP idea. Contirbutors and helpful members think its a good idea, GoT trolls think its a bad idea.

Thats my tuppence worth.
--Solitude--

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
LeoCrasher said:
Actually it was you that completely missed the points I offered in rebuttal, as your argument gradually got smaller and smaller. I answered every single point you made, carefully sectioning different paragraphs and answering them individually.

Personally I believe the motivation behind your posts was for pure kicks, like all your other posts on this forum, hence the lack of ability to reply properly and considerable condensing due to failure to find a suitable contrediction.

/Leo

Why should I bother backing what I say? In reality I care about neither the GoTers on this forum or the VIPers, or the Staff. I'm just always up for a debate, I try not to take things too seriously.

Solitude, don't get uptight. It's just an opinion. This is a forum, and this post has been opened for opinion, thus why I will neither shut up or put up, I will express my opinion as long as I am entitled to it, tx.

After all, you're just one of the ass kissers, you've even previously posted 'why you should have VIP status', you can't think or express your opinion for yourself, only try to back others.

I've said what I said now, gtf over it meight.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Sawell said:
Why should I bother backing what I say? In reality I care about neither the GoTers on this forum or the VIPers, or the Staff. I'm just always up for a debate, I try not to take things too seriously.

Solitude, don't get uptight. It's just an opinion. This is a forum, and this post has been opened for opinion, thus why I will neither shut up or put up, I will express my opinion as long as I am entitled to it, tx.

After all, you're just one of the ass kissers, you've even previously posted 'why you should have VIP status', you can't think or express your opinion for yourself, only try to back others.

I've said what I said now, gtf over it meight.

Ah so first you say that I failed to answer your points... then you failed to back them up anyway. Right....

And because someone shares a similar view they are an uptight asslicker... course, you would never be seen in GoT following the other trends there would you, no?...

How can anyone take your posts with any merit at all, if your just saying everything for argument sake, not backing up points, and not caring about the groups you appear to represent.

/Leo

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
LeoCrasher said:
Ah so first you say that I failed to answer your points... then you failed to back them up anyway. Right....

And because someone shares a similar view they are an uptight asslicker... course, you would never be seen in GoT following the other trends there would you, no?...

How can anyone take your posts with any merit at all, if your just saying everything for argument sake, not backing up points, and not caring about the groups you appear to represent.

/Leo

Because I’m not here to be taken seriously.

And I don't follow trends in GoT, I make them.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Sawell said:
Because I’m not here to be taken seriously.

And I don't follow trends in GoT, I make them.

And with that, we can safely disregard the argument and any worth it had.

/Leo

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
LeoCrasher said:
And with that, we can safely disregard the argument and any worth it had.

/Leo

Yep, pretty much. Although the arguement is still there and was still said. Someone with a little more passion may come along and piece it together again.

Not me though.

bi m8.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Richens said:
Sawell i don't like you.

Please remember that you are a VIP, and are here to set an example to the rest of the community, so they can try to achieve your status.

In future try not to make spam, and keep on topic. If you wish to flame someone, then take it to the Hall of Flame.

Thanks.