Release TD's server files in one

smoochy boys on tour

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Lol how am i meant to get this when one person tells me one thing and another person tells me something else without mentioning how u do this / how u woud check i have used the latest files with al the feilds updated....so you dont seem to be getting this infact.

Delete all your current downloaded server files, redownload these files and extract them to c:\Mirserver
Create a new Database in SQL called Lom2.
Goto Control Panel > Administrator Tools > ODBC Administrator. Choose system DNS tab along the top. Add.... Scroll down to SQL Server click finish.
Name: Lom2
Descrption: Anything
Server: (local)
Click Next. Choose the 2nd option and enter sa and your password in the next 2 boxes, click next.
Tick change default database to and choose Lom2 from that list, click next click finish.

Now start up your server. Its THAT simple.

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
There seems to be an error in gt system where it cant udate sql and getting errors, is this normal, ill post the text for you tomorrow as i havent got time :P

Everything else seems ok tho up to now

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
ok to start off , all of the files included in the release in this post are usable offline, the dataase has been updated with all neccessary components not database entries.
and db server allways. doesnt matter how i run the files , connects disconnects but in the death its allways connected this in no way should stop u entering game with these files. as they were tested by 2 people with the same setup but on 2 different pcs.

and this is a plus or minus note however u wish to percieve it -MOBS MONGEN ETC are STANDARD TD DB you will need to add ur own to it

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
Is this why the gt doesn't work? I take I need to made the correct tables for it?

My DBserver doesnt d/c and connect all the time works 100%, Ive also made a mongen which i took off 1.4 which is always a start, I will release for others, just use enterprise manager > TBL_MONGEN > All Tasks > Import Data rest should be easy, import as a text file and before the last screen make sure TBL_MONGEN is selected.

View attachment mongen.txt

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
gts take 24 hours before they become usable ingame. as far as i know all fields in the gtlist are corect

Territorynumber,FLD_Guildname,FLD_RegDate,Fld_RegEnd,FLD_ForSale,FLD_ForSaleEnd,FLD_Buyer

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
ok, is this when the server is running, or atleast 24 hours from the date made?

I found 2 tables where missing which are TBL_GuildMemberList and TBL_GuildItems. I got errors on M2Server without them, added them in and now have no problems. Read update.doc for the flds you need under the tables.

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
kk,, ty for info, new rar file uploaded by 10.30pm with those tables in the mir2(restorethis) db backup

edit :done

and guild territory becomes available 24hrs after applying, not actual running time of the M2

Last edited:

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
Right thanks for the info, im busy editing the files to be like 1.4 just 4 fun and somit to do whilst im off work, If I complete ill release the db for everyone.

Keep up the work peeps!

Edit

Here is a new link for updated files

LINK REMOVED

Last edited:

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
What file type is it i carnt restor it img below.

jElGb0td_dbfile.JPG

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
just restore it through the mssql administrator program

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Ok i open

Enterprise Manger, Daterbaces, Mir2, All Tascks, Importdata..., Data source

The data source is defalut to Microsoft OLE DB provired for SQL Server

what should it be?

Ritek

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2004
Ok i checked some forums and i found that solution:
Setting up the files (offline):

1. download the server files from here http://users.telenet.be/thedeath/Mir2/LOMCNM2.rar

2. run the rar file and extract the files to C:/mirserver
3. got to your legend of mir folder
c:/program flies/wemade/legend of mir
right click on the map folder and click copy.
Go to your m2server folder
c:/mirserver/m2server
and paste the map folder into here

4. Check the following files to make sure they have the correct IP (127.0.0.1), the correct directories (C:/mirserver/…), and the correct server name (test):
/DBServer/!addrtable.txtl
/DBServer/!serverinfo.txtl
l /DBServer/dbsrc.ini
/LoginGate/Config.inil
l /LoginSrv/!addrtable.txt
/LoginSrv/!serveraddr.txtl
l /LoginSrv/!UserLimit.txt
/LoginSrv/Logsrv.inil
l /LogServer/LogData.ini
/M2Server/!runaddr.txtl
l /M2Server/!servertable.txt
/M2Server/!Setup.txtl
l /RunGate/Config.ini
/SelGate/Config.inil

5. Download SQL Server 2000 - XXXX
6. Install SQL using Authentication mode, and set a password mir23

7. Once your SQL Server is running open Enterprise Manager and go into your SQL databases, there should already be ‘master’, ‘model’, ‘msdb’, ‘Northwind’, ‘pubs’, ‘tempdb’.

8. Right click any where in this window and then click new database.

9.In the box called name, type "mir23" then click ok.

10. Right click somewhere in the Database window, highlight over ‘All Tasks’ and click ‘Restore Database’.

11. Click the option tab, and then tick all 3 boxes, once you done that click back on the general tab.

12. Check the box that says restore as database, click on the arrow and select mir23.

13. The next line down, where it say restore, click "From Device’ and click the button saying ‘Select Devices’ then ‘Add’ button.

14. On the File Name box click the button saying ‘…’ and select lom2_chardb.bak from \DBServer. Then press OK until the database is restore.

15. Too add your self as a GM, right click on the table admin, then select , open table> return all rows.

16. Now go back to your sever folder and open
DBServer/dbsrc.ini
a few lines down you will see SQL type.
The line under that you need to change so it looks like this.

SQLType=mssql
SQLHost=localhost
SQLPort=3306
SQLDatabase=mir2
SQLUsername=sa
SQLPassword=<the password you entered when you setup mssql>

You now need to do the same in

DBServer/!Setup.txt

so it look like this

[SQL]
UseSQL=True
SQLHost=127.0.0.1
SQLUsername=sa
SQLPassword=<the password you entered when you setup mssql>
SQLDatabase=mir2
SQLType=mssql

17. you can now close MSSQL. The go back to ur server folder and run the following exe's. It don’t matter in which order you run them.

m2server/m2sever.exe (run this 1st as it takes the longest to load.
DBserver/dbserver.exe
gamegate/gamegate.exe
logingate/logingate.exe
loginsv/loginsrv.exe
logserver/LogDataServer.exe
selgate.exe

If you get no error in any of these your server is running ok.
16. Go back to your server file folder, then your m2server folder, copy the mir2.exe and paste it in to your legend of mir folder.

18. open your legend of mir folder and then open
mir.ini
change the 3 ip addresses in here to 127.0.0.1 then save this file as
mir2.ini

19. run the mir2.exe and you will be connected to your server.

20. if thats all working and your happy, try downloading the updates from : XXXXX
make sure you read the update document before doing any thing.

21. any problems with the files before the update, feel free to post here

In this solution i need to create only 1DB
mir23 ---> lom2_chardb.bak
in ur solution is one more DataDB
Why?

When i make everything like this and when i run server all gates are connected but i saw in client "connection closed" when i use other client mir2.exe and mir2.ini (i change all ips to my) i cant create account i saw nothing (nothing happened). Maybe i cant create account becasue i dont have second database in SQL (DataDB)???? Can u help me?

Following this guide im getting the following error in the attached pic. Any idea what it means and how i can fix it? =x

Using SQL2000, i get this error when trying to restore the file - "mir2(restorethis)"

Thx

EDIT - Ok iv noticed a few Things

Point 1. Obviously im using these files and not the ones shown in the guide

Point 6. Autentication mode does not ask me to enter a password of any sort. TD says on another guide its meant to be MIxed mode, which one is it ? >.>

Is this guide a waste of time? Is there any other guide i can look at, someone should really make a full completely updated guide, its all just a mess :(

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:

Ritek

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2004
when i try and restore this file - "mir2(restoreNotAttach)", i get this error.

What am i doing wrong lol

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 396

Ritek

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2004
Change the file location before you press finish

ahhhhhh fantastic! thanks, i have a partition for the server (E:\), id of never figured that out lol

So whoever reads this now, if you havent installed SQL on C Drive make sure u change the paths in the options tab!

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
now see theres your problem
heavensent said:
Enterprise Manger, Daterbaces, Mir2, All Tascks, Importdata..., Data source

its restore not import or attach

got to enterprise manager, click on databases
Right click Databases in the next window, highlight over ‘All Tasks’ and click ‘Restore Database’.

Ritek

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2004
hope this will be a regular thing :D

i have a question though, if your running a server and update with these files, then do you lose all information in the database as your restoring a new one? =x

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
you can always restore it to "anyname database", then change the 2 inis to point to one db, or the other,

Ritek

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2004
you can always restore it to "anyname database", then change the 2 inis to point to one db, or the other,

so basically if it does overwrite we'd have to update the tables in SQL ourselves