Multi Tool for Mir 3 Server Development - Exe's and VB6 Project Files

smoochy boys on tour

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
All the files needed to run this tool and develop it as far as you want.

This includes all code etc..

The Exe's are Here >> http://www.sting3g.com/StingPatches/BasicSQLConnection.rar

The VB6 RunTime files are here > > http://www.sting3g.com/StingPatches/BasicSQLConnectionFiles.rar

VB6 Project Code >>> http://www.sting3g.com/StingPatches/BasicSQLConnectionProject.rar

If you want a hand with developing or adding anything new to this tool, give me a shout, I aint an expert, but I can search google like an pro :P

Oh, and no taking the pee out of my code :P

The Tool so far..

Mir3Tool1.JPG

SQL IP - Enter the IP Address of your SQL - If your using this program on the same PC as the SQL enter 127.0.0.1
SQL User ID - This is usually set to "sa"
SQL Password - Whatever you entered when you set the SQL up

Check SQL Connection - This will just verify the settings you have entered above

Envir Path - This is the FULL path to your Envir Folder
Log Data Server Path - If you are running the Log Data Server enter the Path to the exe
Map Folder Path - Path to the Map files..

All the above paths must end in ""

Preload Mons From SQL - Click if you want it to preload the Mon list when you start the Application
Preload Items from SQL - as above but for items
Preload MapInfo.txt - This will load the Map List when you start the App.

Save Settings to "Settings.ini" - Will update the Settings

Fix MapInfo.txt etc - This will fix each of these files so that the program can use them without crashing :D

Mir3Tool2.JPG

Char - Enter a Character Name and Click "Fetch Char Data" this will fetch you all the info for that Character - you can then edit various details of that Char

Account - Either Enter a Character to find its UserID or enter a UserID to find that Account details - you can then edit various details on that Account

IP Search - Enter a UserID and Click Search for IP, this will then return every IP that this Account has been connected from.. click a Unique IP to show which Accounts/Characters have been accessed from that IP address

Title Info & Update - Just to Update people Titles as per a thread on LOMCN

Mir3Tool3.JPG

Mon Info - Click Load Mon Info to view all Monsters in your database (if you clicked "Preload Mons from SQL" on the settings page this will already be loaded)

Click on a Monster to show its details in the text boxes below, you can then edit that Monster (and click "Update Mon" at the top) to update the details for that Monster. You can also add a new Monster by giving it a new name and click "Add Mon" at the top.

Mir3Tool4.JPG

As above but for Items

Mir3Tool5.JPG

Tables to Check - Highlight which tables you would like included in the search
Click "Find Dupes" to shop all items..

This is simple a tool to highlight the dupes, its up to the admin of the server to do some detective work and find out why it was duped and who the real owned of the item is.

Mir3Tool6.JPG

Drop File Editor - Single Edit

Select a Drop File - This will then load up that file for editing, showing you the Ratio, Items, and Qty's

Add new items by dragging the item from the list on the right, or edit that item by double clicking that item and entering a new ratio. To delte an item, enter a Ratio of "0".

Mir3Tool7.JPG

Drop File Editor - Multiple Edit

Highlight which files you would like editing..

Add an item entering a Ratio, then selecting an item in the table on the right and dropping it into the big "TICK".

Remove an item by selecting it in the table to the right and dropping it into the big "X".

Mir3Tool8.JPG

Populate the Map List by clicking the button at the bottom left (this will preload if you selected that option on the settings page).

Click any Map to show its Name, Doors, NPC's, MapQuest's and (if you click Show Flags) its Map Flags. This will also load up ALL NPC's and ALL Commented out NPC's.

Click Add NPC to Create a new NPC for that Map
Select an NPC and click remove to remove that NPC from the Map (will be commented out and added to the Removed NPC's list)
Restore NPC will remove the comment from the NPC and add it to the ALL NPC's box (you will have to reselect the Map to show it in the Current Maps NPC list)
Perm Delete NPC will remove the NPC from the Merchant.txt permanently
Sort NPC's will sort the NPC's into whichever order you want.. either by Map or by FileName.

Some Comments on this Section..

If you have ANY lines in your Merchant.txt that start with 2 or more semi-colons, they WILL be deleted.
If you have ANY Comment lines that start with a single semi-colon, it will be treated as a Commented out NPC and break the Program and probably your Merchant.txt file.. REMOVE THESE LINES!
Search for ";" in your Merchant.txt and make sure that it is either a double Semi colon at the beginning or its a commented out NPC.

Mir3Tool9.JPG

Log Data Viewer is where you can search your logs to find out seriously all kinds of Info.. click away lol

Last edited:

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Just want to say, if you want to do an add-on to this program. Post or Email me the vb6 files for the bit you want adding and I will incorporate it into this app for re-release (of course ensuring that you are added in the credits that don't exist yet :P)

Thanks for the Thanks :D

I will still be developing this as I keep thinking of things to add, and I will be finishing off the Map Info Editor section to include editing Maps Info, Flags, Map Names, MapQuest etc. I will just edit the first page with updates.. the last thread was very unruly (my fault).

Finally, if you can show me better / more efficient ways of doing any of my code it would be greatly appreciated.

Edit > > >

I tried to run the log viewer last night for 3 weeks worth of logs and the program crashed. I would restrict the range of the search to no more than a week. I will edit the variable types when I get chance so that it won't crash out.

Last edited:

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
ok i have an error come up when i try to load the databases with that mir3multitool, any idea whats going wrong?

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Ignore this tool until you are confident your server is working and everything.. once thats working, this tool should work.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
quick question, does it look for tables that start HL as well as TBL? cause all my tables start HL in my cd3gbasedata database and on checking the program it looks for TBL_Items, TBL_DHLBOX, TBL_ItemMarket and TBL_SavedItem in the find dupes pane.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
The HL Tables do not store user items, the only tables that store in game items are the ones the program searches in.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
any idea why I would get errors trying to load the monster, items data etc? Keeps saying error loading when I start the program.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Your details are not correct? Have you tested the Connection using the settings Tab?

If that works, I could only suggest you have something wrong with your SQL connection.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
The may be something wrong with your tables.. the default setup is as shown in the headings, makes sure you have ALL of those fields in your Tables.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Sounds strange why it wouldn't work.

Did you say your server was working fine now?

(oh and the server doesn't need OrgName, but my program looks for it so it must be present).

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
the server was, had to reinstall the client though and now got o stats again :( cant rem how to sort it either

BTW got Std_items and Monster info loading fine now :) was Unknown missing from monsters and OrgName from stditems after all

Last edited:

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
you know your mir 3 multi tool, well when i open it it says the code 0 error, i go to fix all files to use ok, create all.gen, ok. Exit as per instrcutions and every time i come back into it, i get the same code 0 error, and can't view the map preview or anything. do i need any particular dll files for this to work properly etc?