Fragrant Hills - woool server

smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

symphonius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
Hello everyone. Some months ago, after the seeming death of the woool scene here I decided to see what the remaining options were in terms of getting a server going. As some of you might know, getting quality + up to date files that are translatable is near impossible. And then there's dealing with the Chinese. In any case, we settled on the 1.8.3 server files and the server is now running.
We've greatly improved, enhanced and added features to these server files. While they first were a complete mess, riddled with bugs, etc. they're now in much much better state.

The game should be (as good as) completely translated. We used the DSM files as a reference point but anything currently relevant to the game has been redone. Proper English, text will now actually stay within the borders of NPC dialogue windows, etc.

thumbss.jpg thumbss3.jpg

Some severe bugs that have been fixed (among others)
-Spellcasting animations will no longer display incorrectly
-Benediction Oils chances have been fixed, getting a luck +10 weapon was incredibly easy at first
-Skills were a mess, pretty much none of them worked correctly; now most work as intended
-Level requirements for skills/spells are functional again
-Bag and body drops now work correctly
-Pet AI doesn't break anymore when players go offscreen

And this is just a small part of what's been fixed. Features that have been added include slow/snare through wizard ice spells, new npcs and extended serverside scripting functionality.

In terms of XP rate, our server is definitely not a 'High Rate' server where you've seen the highest level dungeon within three days of play. While it's not as slow as the original, you won't rush through the lower levels with ease. As we gain access to more content and newer versions, the xp rate will be adjusted upwards. Same goes for monster drops.

And last, but not least, we place a big emphasis on PK/pvp. As I mentioned before, body drops are now working as intended (as opposed to being completely bugged before and almost never occuring)
and so are bagdrops. There is a last man standing arena, and many other PVP/PK features will be included in the future.

We're now in a sort of open beta stage, and I invite everyone from LOMCN to come and test out the game. Hope to see you there.

Forums: http://forums.legendoftheorient.com/

Instructions: Create your account on the website. Simply download the client, install, and play.

Nightrider

~{GoD}~
VIP
Feb 21, 2004
Southampton,Uk
Downloading, Haven't played woool for A very long time, looking forward to it!
-Dan

P.s could you change the color of your text aswel, as i use the dark skin can't really see it :P

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Mick must of release a old set of his files because those bugs never existed in DSM, and am unsure how you fix the bugs on some skills because you need the source code to do that.

Also if you havent done so yet, remove the pet leveling room, wont mention the bug here but trust me you need to remove it, only me and my bro know of it so don't need to worry much.

Anyway good luck with the server, it's about time someone put micks files to work again!.

symphonius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
Just posting to say account reg. is experiencing some difficulty because lots of people are downloading atm. You can reg but it just takes a long time, should go back to normal once people finish the download.

Sanity, I'm fairly positive the distant soulmate files showed these bugs aswell, same story with the version we were working on. Tested it quite thoroughly. And don't worry, pretty much all of those bugs have indeed been fixed. Thanks for the heads up about that petbug.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Just posting to say account reg. is experiencing some difficulty because lots of people are downloading atm. You can reg but it just takes a long time, should go back to normal once people finish the download.

Sanity, I'm fairly positive the distant soulmate files showed these bugs aswell, same story with the version we were working on. Tested it quite thoroughly. And don't worry, pretty much all of those bugs have indeed been fixed. Thanks for the heads up about that petbug.

Il download and and have a play, i know quite alot of bugs on those files so if i find them il pm you.

p/s Nvm it's working.

Also get ripping from the client! but don't rip the glows or it will just look messed up.

symphonius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
Il download and and have a play, i know quite alot of bugs on those files so if i find them il pm you.

p/s Nvm it's working.

Also get ripping from the client! but don't rip the glows or it will just look messed up.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I guess be patient with the download etc. , didn't count on this many people at once downloading it.

Nightrider

~{GoD}~
VIP
Feb 21, 2004
Southampton,Uk
Love the download speed (not rubbing it in sainty :P) 11mins to download the client so shouldn't be to long till everyone's downloaded
-Dan

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Never played woool before so gonna give it a go. How do I change out of window mode? I can't see the bottom of the screen to get past char sel ><

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Never played woool before so gonna give it a go. How do I change out of window mode? I can't see the bottom of the screen to get past char sel ><

Go into client and Data folder and open config.ini.

Look for FullScreen=No

Change it to Yes.

IGN Sanity if anyone fancys a party.

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
crashes for me too when i get ingame, was working fine not long ago :/

-Edit-

My char buged some reason "iJam"
made a new one and worked fine

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Umm what's the exp rate? Few of us been playing a good couple of hours and we're only like lvl 10 :/ Sanity says it's slower than DSM. You thought about increasing it?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Yeah it needs increasing, reason people stop playing dsm was because it was too slow, am at level 13 and i get 1% after killing 3 mobs in East Cave which takes a good 4-5 fireballs to kill one. If you want the contents to be tested it needs to be a little highier, other wise it will take a good week to get to level 20.

DSM was 12-14x.

Status
Not open for further replies.